The future of Lucid Owners forum

Joe

Staff Member
Admin
Hello all,

It is great to see more and more new faces and increased engagement on the forums.

As you may or may not know, this is an independently owned and managed forum. As a Tesla Model S owner, I started this forum when I first learned about Lucid and was very interested on what they were building and could see myself replacing my Tesla with a Lucid in the near future.

I know there is another forum out there, but note that it is run by a company that its sole business model is to open as many communities as it can to see what sticks and what doesn't. They have no care of what the forum is about nor its community/members and will only work to push ads and revenue generating campaigns if the community grows.

Lucid Owners aims to be a community owned and operated platform. Meaning I am here to personally listen to comments, suggests, and requests to adapt to the needs that will provide a better community to the members and growth of the forums.

I also wanted to extend a huge thanks to all the members we have here and for those who have devoted so much time into creating the content that have built the forum to what it is today. You will not be forgotten and many of the members here today will be placed in a special founders role. I have many plans and features i'd like to introduce as the forum continues to grow and will try to give back as much as I can to the founding members.

There will be some upcoming changes and added sections to the forum that I will be working on implementing soon. All feedback is always welcome.

At this current time, if there is any comments, suggestions, feedback you'd like to provide, please share it here or feel free to send me a private message. Note I have changed my forum name from LUCID to my real name which is Joe to take this to a personal level with everyone here.

Thank you again and I look forward to building this community with you all.

- Joe

Joe, thanks much for your efforts, and thanks for creating a separate section for battery discussions. Your prompt attention is much appreciated!

Hello all,

It is great to see more and more new faces and increased engagement on the forums.

As you may or may not know, this is an independently owned and managed forum. As a Tesla Model S owner, I started this forum when I first learned about Lucid and was very interested on what they were building and could see myself replacing my Tesla with a Lucid in the near future.

I know there is another forum out there, but note that it is run by a company that its sole business model is to open as many communities as it can to see what sticks and what doesn't. They have no care of what the forum is about nor its community/members and will only work to push ads and revenue generating campaigns if the community grows.

Lucid Owners aims to be a community owned and operated platform. Meaning I am here to personally listen to comments, suggests, and requests to adapt to the needs that will provide a better community to the members and growth of the forums.

I also wanted to extend a huge thanks to all the members we have here and for those who have devoted so much time into creating the content that have built the forum to what it is today. You will not be forgotten and many of the members here today will be placed in a special founders role. I have many plans and features i'd like to introduce as the forum continues to grow and will try to give back as much as I can to the founding members.

There will be some upcoming changes and added sections to the forum that I will be working on implementing soon. All feedback is always welcome.

At this current time, if there is any comments, suggestions, feedback you'd like to provide, please share it here or feel free to send me a private message. Note I have changed my forum name from LUCID to my real name which is Joe to take this to a personal level with everyone here.

- Joe
Thanks. I didn‘t know that information. Much appreciated!

Joe - You have a great site and your efforts are appreciated. I notice that you do not have advertising on your site. Does that mean that it is supported by you?

Thanks all. Yes the forum is fully supported by myself and it is not an issue for me. As the forum grows and server demands rise, I will be looking to upgrade the server to accommodate the increased needs and ensure the user experience is not compromised.

At that time, I will be looking to incorporate 2 options. Ads and memberships. We should also soon be seeing vendors who will want to advertise their Lucid aftermarket products. I don't want to bog the forum space and aesthetics with ads so those will always be kept minimal. For the memberships, I will incorporate features that benefit the members experience on the site and let others know they are a supporting member here with different paid tier levels.

Note that founding members will never see ads and will always be the top tier of membership levels at no cost. This will be my way of giving back to you all who are the original members here.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe your site is my go to site for feedback. The quality of your subscriber is the best. As to adverticing that becomes a personal and monetary decision; personally I prefer ad free content on a foum.

Reactions: Joe
I've noticed that I and others post on both sites. I found the other site first. I have been on both for quite a long time

• Love
As a former Fisker- Tesla owner and reservation in on lucid I love forums like this. Continue the great work !!!

Last edited:
Joe,
Thank you so much for creating this high quality site. It’s my go to source for current info.
Speaking of which, I’m wondering if you would consider an idea. Since it is clear that many folks on here have not updated in awhile, please consider sending an email to everyone on this forum asking them to please give an update for the tracker? I think that would go a long way for all of us to see the most current info. Many on this forum have not updated in quite awhile. Thanks for all your work in this wonderful site.
Tom in Palm Springs

Good job Joe, I appreciate the transparency.

• Love
Joe,
Thank you so much for creating this high quality site. It’s my go to source for current info.
Speaking of which, I’m wondering if you would consider an idea. Since it is clear that many folks on here have not updated in awhile, please consider sending an email to everyone on this forum asking them to please give an update for the tracker? I think that would go a long way for all of us to see the most current info. Many on this forum have not updated in quite awhile. Thanks for all your work in this wonderful site.
Tom in Palm Springs
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look more into it to contact only those whom have provided details to not bother those who have not ordered yet. Looking over the list on the batch tracker, many are active on the forum and have logged on recently. They may just not have received any updates yet.

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks for your efforts Joe.

I frequent several forums for a range of subjects and in my opinion this is one of the cleanest and most informative forums I have seen. Understand change needs to happen as the number of folks trying to access increases, but really appreciate you being open to feedback along the way.

Three cheers to Joe!! I absolutely would subscribe to a membership to this forum and am personally not that bothered by ads as long as they don’t have funny scripts or are super intrusive.

• Love
Hello all,

- Joe
Thank you again for your efforts on behalf of the forum. And thanks also to the early adopters and other experts who provide value to us novices. Still waiting for my AGT (first EV) and I'll be armed with a lot of knowledge when I finally get it!

Just stopping by to say thanks, Joe, for your efforts. I have rarely posted - as a mere reservation holder I'm primarily here to learn - but I read almost everything on here. I've also been a moderator on another single-marque forum, so I'm well aware of the commitment required. In that case the forum was (sadly) sold to a profit-making company such as the one you describe, and went rapidly downhill after that.

So thanks for all that you and the other staff do ... hopefully I'll have more to contribute here once I get a bit closer to delivery.

Cheers!

I didn’t even know the other forum existed until reading this thread. I went on to that forum, information and navigation wasn’t that impressive. I only have limited time in a day. I will just stick to this forum.

Thank you, Joe!

Back