The Drive review: Awesome car but the software…

While this is likely an oversimplification, I think there are 2 general camps here. For those individuals who have careers in tech or who are extremely savvy and love all things tech , the software is probably much more important to them. Perhaps for those of us who do not work directly in tech and who do not fully grasp all the intricacies of tech, these things are not quite as important.
I love the car because the way it drives and the relaxing feeling it gives me behind the wheel. I understand and I am comfortable with just about all the tech in the car and I really love it. Yes, things need to be improved but for the last few months the software has been wonderful for me. It has been stable, easy to use, intuitive and it works.
Don’t get me wrong, the future of automobiles will obviously be driven by technology , but there are still some intangibles of driving that are really important. Yea, the extra clicks to close the garage may be irksome , but the ride quality and enjoyment for the other 59 out of 60 minutes compensates, for me anyway.
Yeah this post of yours sums up my feelings also. Lucid is THE best car I’ve ever driven or ridden in. Its software is also actually now very good, but could be better, and that doesn’t affect me much. i have dedicated touch buttons for most of what I need, and if I do need to go digging into the pilot panel it’s mostly more thoughtful and intuitively laid out than the Tesla microscopic font cluttered text scrolling layout. There are some features the Lucid lacks, and some that could use a little improvement, but the car itself is so excellent that these are minor annoyances, and based on their record so far Lucid will likely address them anyway.

Back