Thanks for the scheduled charging! Just needs some tweaks

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Finally tested the 2.0.55 scheduled charging update for the first time and it worked as advertised. It started charging at 12:01 am and finished when it reached my 60% set 1h45’ later. I appreciate Lucid finally adding this feature. I have been asking for some time and now I can avoid using the EA chargers as much locally. While it will work for me just fine as currently implemented 95% of the time, I would ask @Firstto520 and others on the staff to look at a few tweaks In the future - please don‘t work on these at the expense of more pressing needs. They would just be helpful for a more robust scheduled charging experience.

1. Change the 12 hour window to user identified window. Some have longer TOU periods and others have shorter. In SD, for example, the weekday super off-peak is from 12am to 6 am, or only for 6 hours.
  2. when allowing to change the default window, allow for customization by day of the week. For example, I would want a 6 hour (12-6a) schedule M-F but a 14 hour (12a-2p) window on Saturday and Sunday. At a minimum, one could have two schedules, one for weekdays and one for weekends.
  3. Have the car stop charging when outside the window, even if it not to the desired SOC.. For example, if I plug my car in on Saturday late morning because I need to add electrons, as many as I can get before the TOU changes, Lucid would charge since I plugged in during the window, but automatically stop when the TOU window closes, even if it had not reached the set SOC limit. This is feature is particularly useful for those who might not have the 80amp Lucid home charger. Pulling 80 amps, I can fill up the battery from any SOC in a 6h time of use window. However, if I was only pulling 32 amps on a differentI EVSE, I might want as much as I can get during my 6h time of use, but not want the car to continue to charge at high power rates (I can always add more the next night).
  4. For the times one wants to prioritize having a full battery, or a battery charged to the set limit, have a toggle on/off switch for “prioritize full charge”. That way if one plugged in during the charging window, the car would continue to charge until “full”. I think it does that now by default, but have not tested, so maybe the toggle would be to turn off charging outside of the window rather than continuing to a full SOC.
  5. allow the scheduled charging features to be accessed via the mobile app as one currently can do for setting the charge limit
  6. There might be another setting that would allow the scheduled charging capabilities to be Performed by the EVSE and not the car. So if someone is using a ChargePoint Flex, for example, the car would recognize that it is plugged into a cable, but start charging once the EVSE turns on. Right now they would be at odds with each other if the times do not match up perfectly.
There might be more tweaks that other users would have, but for the ones I have listed, the Air’s home charging would resemble what I can currently do with the Nissan Leaf. It also will make it easier for those of us with smaller TOU windows where the power costs change by up up to 8-10x between super-off to on-peak.

My scheduled charging is working really well as the days that I want to charge I just plug it in within the 12 hour window each time and don't have to input anything unless I want to change the time to charge - not bad!

Can someone explain this (see pic) to me? It says charging will start at 10 PM, but scheduled charging says 10 AM- 10 PM. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the scheduled charging works now. I want the window for charging to be 10 PM to 10 AM, which seems to be happening, but I'm not quite understanding what seems to be a conflicting display. Thanks.

Attachments

• InkedImage.jpg
    InkedImage.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 141
Can someone explain this (see pic) to me? It says charging will start at 10 PM, but scheduled charging says 10 AM- 10 PM. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the scheduled charging works now. I want the window for charging to be 10 PM to 10 AM, which seems to be happening, but I'm not quite understanding what seems to be a conflicting display. Thanks.
It means that if you plug in between 10AM and 10PM the care will start charging at 10PM. If you plug in between 10PM and 10AM it it will charge when plugged in.

It means that if you plug in between 10AM and 10PM the care will start charging at 10PM. If you plug in between 10PM and 10AM it it will charge when plugged in.
Still reads funny to me, but I get it and appreciate the clarification.

I'd add to the wish list: a checkbox "Charge any time when away from home". It would make the car ignore the charging schedule when not parked at home.
And the text really is confusing. Should just mention the charging window without mention of the not-charging window ("scheduled charging").

It does read funny - does not make sense. What time did you plug in and when did charging start? For me it does charge in the scheduled window and stops when it reaches the set battery limit. When I plugged in before the scheduled window, I was asked if I wanted to charge immediately.

Finally tested the 2.0.55 scheduled charging update for the first time and it worked as advertised.
[*]when allowing to change the default window, allow for customization by day of the week. For example, I would want a 6 hour (12-6a) schedule M-F but a 14 hour (12a-2p) window on Saturday and Sunday. At a minimum, one could have two schedules, one for weekdays and one for weekends.
[*]allow the scheduled charging features to be accessed via the mobile app as one currently can do for setting the charge limit

I heartily second the motion to be able to set the charging schedule from the mobile app!

Just to be clear, so “Super Off Peak” with SDGE runs from 0000 hrs to 1400 hrs on Saturdays and Sundays? I never knew that.

I agree, it reads funny. I also agree that there is both room for improvement. I expect that Lucid is already working on those improvements but they may be a lower priority now that we have a to schedule charging.

I agree. I understand how it works, but I think the wording is awkward at best.

Pete

This is what I thought of when I first saw it

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

This is what I thought of when I first saw it
Of this I thought when first it I saw. Geez, no one here to grammar school went?

I can't figure it out... my windows are 0900-2100 and 2100-0900. I have it set for 2100, and the car does charge during my nighttime off-peak hours, but it is totally random... the first time it started at 21:12, and tonight it started at 22:06.

Back