Test Drive in Vancouver

Thehack

Verified Owner
Cars
Volvo XC 90 T8
Ok, so I finally managed to get behind the wheel.

Very exciting, and now I really cannot wait for delivery.

I tried out the Active Cruise Control. The settings are a bit unorthodox for me (from my volvo), but I am sure it will just take some getting used to. Unfortunately I tried it at a very inopportune time as well considering the traffic pattern and turning lane was a little wonky. So I just turned it off and continued on my merry way.

I never did get to launch the car, but did manage to put it in swift mode and nearly snapped the necks of everyone in the car. I was in smooth during almost the entire drive and was impressed with the acceleration... My god switching to swift was insane.

I have one gripe with the car which I hope is getting dealt with on the software side. In Canada (and likely the Europe considering they opened their Munich branch recently) the speed limit signs are in kph. The dashboard reads the posted signs, and converts to kph assuming that the sign is mph! Meaning if I am in a 60 zone, it states the limit is actually 97!

Volvo's camera system works this out without issue, so I am sure Lucid will just flip some sort of switch regarding region and Bob's your uncle.

Picked up some merch for the fam as well... Still have a ways to wait for the actual car (No VIN yet BTW).

Ok, so I finally managed to get behind the wheel.

Very exciting, and now I really cannot wait for delivery.

I tried out the Active Cruise Control. The settings are a bit unorthodox for me (from my volvo), but I am sure it will just take some getting used to. Unfortunately I tried it at a very inopportune time as well considering the traffic pattern and turning lane was a little wonky. So I just turned it off and continued on my merry way.

I never did get to launch the car, but did manage to put it in swift mode and nearly snapped the necks of everyone in the car. I was in smooth during almost the entire drive and was impressed with the acceleration... My god switching to swift was insane.

I have one gripe with the car which I hope is getting dealt with on the software side. In Canada (and likely the Europe considering they opened their Munich branch recently) the speed limit signs are in kph. The dashboard reads the posted signs, and converts to kph assuming that the sign is mph! Meaning if I am in a 60 zone, it states the limit is actually 97!

Volvo's camera system works this out without issue, so I am sure Lucid will just flip some sort of switch regarding region and Bob's your uncle.

Picked up some merch for the fam as well... Still have a ways to wait for the actual car (No VIN yet BTW).

Nice to hear. First drives are so often good impressions with this car, but there's always a new take - kph conversions? Has to be on Lucid's radar (cough, cough).

And then, new idioms for Alexa, too: "take your next right, arrive at your destination, and Bob's your uncle"!

Nice to hear. First drives are so often good impressions with this car, but there's always a new take - kph conversions? Has to be on Lucid's radar (cough, cough).

And then, new idioms for Alexa, too: "take your next right, arrive at your destination, and Bob's your uncle"!
The SA was aware of the issue, so I can only assume they have a ticket in for it.

Oh... and the other thing I forgot to mention. One pedal driving... Yes, took a couple minutes to get used to but wow is it strong. Moving from standard to max really did not seem to make much of a difference due to it being so strong in the first place.

I think doing to reverse thing (as other people mentioned) takes even more getting used to. I am normally someone who backs into stalls. I was really having issues getting the pressure right to just crawl back. Again... not a big deal... just a "get used to" thing (as with any new car).

(I honestly thought the "Bob's your uncle" thing was more of a "Wisconsin" area saying... But I have now adopted it!)

Now curious if Lucid has an accurate Canadian conversion for the bread & honey...

The dashboard reads the posted signs, and converts to kph assuming that the sign is mph! Meaning if I am in a 60 zone, it states the limit is actually 97!

There is unit of measure in settings you can toggle between imperial and metric default.

Back