Tesla price increases

Yugi

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Tesla keeps increasing prices every other week now. Is this a gimmick like FSD to create FOMO or genuinely inflation?

I hope Lucid doesn’t follow that until they deliver at least 10k vehicles.

Tesla keeps increasing prices every other week now. Is this a gimmick like FSD to create FOMO or genuinely inflation?

I hope Lucid doesn’t follow that until they deliver at least 10k vehicles.
I’m fine if Lucid increase prices for new reservations, just as long as they ‘pull a Rivian’. In fact, I think they will need to sometime soon with inflation seeping through the entire economy. On the positive side, they increase the prices for new reservations, our cars won’t get hit as much on depreciation as they are already priced lower than the new cars

Tesla increased prices again today, they seem to be getting away fine while other manufacturers are facing backlash.

Tesla increased prices again today, they seem to be getting away fine while other manufacturers are facing backlash.
Because Tesla can do what it wants with little to no impact. FSD is a prime example, he's been promising it for years and people keep throwing the cash to Tesla for something that hasn't come. If any other automaker did this they'd be investigated for false advertising and people would riot over it. Rivian learnt the hard way, you can't just "pull an Elon" and think you can get away with it. It backfired on Rivian big time.

I’m not sure Lucid received any backlash for increasing prices, other than it being reported on plus some moaning from people who hadn’t put in a reservation yet. Rivian tried to increase prices substantially on their pre-order customers. That was a huge mistake (which should have been obvious to them in foresight) and was approached terribly. I would say the outcry was justified, even though they were legally entitled to increase under their order agreement terms.

I don’t think any of these companies are building cars fast enough to meet demand over the next year or 2. That gives them a lot of pricing flexibility.

On a related note Ford noted that their cost to produce the Mach E has increased to the point they are losing money on every car.

On a related note Ford noted that their cost to produce the Mach E has increased to the point they are losing money on every car.
But they have ICE to fall back on. This is one issue with pure EV only makers, they have nothing to fall back on when cost of materials increases dramatically. Ford can take the hit on the Mach E because the F-150 will continue to bring in the $$$ for them. Lucid, Rivian and even Tesla take the hit it's a HIT with nowhere to try and recoup money from.

But they have ICE to fall back on. This is one issue with pure EV only makers, they have nothing to fall back on when cost of materials increases dramatically. Ford can take the hit on the Mach E because the F-150 will continue to bring in the $$$ for them. Lucid, Rivian and even Tesla take the hit it's a HIT with nowhere to try and recoup money from.
I agree. It just emphasizes that the price increases by the pure EV companies are in response to the reality of supply chain costs skyrocketing for everyone. If Ford was a startup with just the Mach E and F150 Lightning they would need to do the same.

Makes it even harder that wait times for new orders are now mostly in the 6-12 month range for Lucid, Rivian and Tesla. They have to anticipate what their costs will actually be in that timeframe.

There's currently a more-than-six-month wait for most Tesla orders. And they are producing tons of them each month. So they can clearly get away with raising prices at will. Can't blame them.

Lucid and Rivian are not in that boat. Each price increase is big news. And it hurts potential preorders. Neither is a well known enough brand just yet. They will get there.

It’s all supply and demand, Tesla have high demand queue, can ease that on demand side with price increase.

Back