Tesla Officially removes mobile connector with new vehicles

Pretty ridiculous. As far as I know every other EV comes with a basic charge cable (other than the KIA EV6 which I could not believe didn’t include one). I’m sure most charging is not done with these because of how slow they are but think that when people do need to use it, they REALLY need to use it.

This is just par for the course in Tesla world. Changing max battery percentages by on air updates so you think your batteries hold more power than they really are capable. Stalling production time if you don’t order expensive self driving options that are easily turned on over the air. Promising many initial buyers free charging that never happened. This is one of the reasons I would never consider a Tesla. Just my opinion but Riding around without a spare charging cable is like riding around without a spare tire. Oops!😊

Last edited:
I had to buy the connector for the Taycan. Tesla is now a 1Million car/y car company so selling the connector for 200 bucks translates to big bucks.

From free to $400 to $200, no wonder fanboys hail him as the patron saint. That's so generous!

From free to $400 to $200, no wonder fanboys hail him as the patron saint. That's so generous!
I actually think the kit they included with the cars up until now retails for $275, not $400… so a $75 “discount” on a $275 added cost.

I had to buy the connector for the Taycan. Tesla is now a 1Million car/y car company so selling the connector for 200 bucks translates to big bucks.
Really? According to Porsche their mobile charger is included

1. How do I charge?
At Home
Wherever you park at home, you simply plug the vehicle in with the charger that comes with every Taycan. To fully utilize the charger that comes standard with the Taycan, a 240V outlet is highly recommended. The vehicle also comes with a 120V adapter that allows the vehicle to charge on a normal household plug. However, due to slower charging speeds (~3 days for a full charge) it is not recommend for normal use, but it comes in handy in situations where a 240v outlet is hard to find.”

Really? According to Porsche their mobile charger is included

1. How do I charge?
At Home
Wherever you park at home, you simply plug the vehicle in with the charger that comes with every Taycan. To fully utilize the charger that comes standard with the Taycan, a 240V outlet is highly recommended. The vehicle also comes with a 120V adapter that allows the vehicle to charge on a normal household plug. However, due to slower charging speeds (~3 days for a full charge) it is not recommend for normal use, but it comes in handy in situations where a 240v outlet is hard to find.”

When I bought mine it was a mandatory $1,200 add on, that they did not allow to be removed.

Back