Teetering in Oregon

The big issue is the price of the AT. We can afford it, but I was raised by a father who was tight with a buck, and, were he still alive, I can imagine the dinner-table conversations where I try to explain why spending $100k on a car really does make sense. My wife and I are stuck in this endless loop of “That’s a lot of money, but what a perfect car for our needs!”

Where are the EV evangelicals ?

I love cars. I sold a 2001 R129 SL600 and an E63s wagon ... because I believe it is time for ICE cars to go away. (it ...still hurts).

be self-righteous.

buy the car of your dreams and have some fun whilst you still can, and justify the extravagance with the pride of humility.

besides ... the car is f-n awesome, and it will way out-last your body. How many new cars were you thinking of buying for the rest of your life anyway? This is all you need. Forever. One and done. Get over it. Are you saving the money for a nice coffin ?

ps: get all the options.

pps: i suffered years of sciatica the whole caboodle: opioids, spinals, PT ... suicidal pain unrelenting sleep-deprivation hysteria.
these seats (GT) are so worth whatever it takes... but you will bump your head three times before you shut the door...cost of ownership.

One thing I did not notice: one of my jobs is to take the aging in-laws to chemo. I was thinking the Lucid would be the perfect limo because it is so big in back ... but now I see getting in and out is not easy for me, so it would be a major deal with the brittle, inflexable 90+ yo's.

..it's the extra battery pack making the knees too high and the seat angle wrong. Had I to do it over I'd get the Pure and all the features of the Deam Edition because my intent was a GT salon car ... you know ... an S class with ethics. As much as I dislike the High and Mighty trend ... if the Gravity has easier rear seat entry / egress I may need to go there.

Last edited:
Is this a recent change? I definitely test drove a Lucid at the U-Village Studio last summer...
Correct, I was there on Friday pre-opening event, so was likewise surprised that they have been shut down.
Studio still open but test drives either in Oregon or Idaho.

When we were at the Studio, I noticed this exact problem. I had my left knee replaced a year ago, and getting into and out of the car was a bit of a strain. I'm not sure if the passenger's side would be a bit easier because I would be putting the stress on my natural knee. We've decided to do another test drive just to see if we can make getting into and out of the car a bit less of a struggle.

Interesting side note: Apparently Lucid was caught in some legal crossfire in the state of Washington, so the Studio can neither call itself a "dealership" nor act like one. That means no Lucid test drives in the state of Washington, and the advisers cannot talk pricing in any way. The test drives are at weekend events here in Oregon and in Idaho. To get the price of upgrading to an AT, I had to contact the sales folks in California.
When did this happen with no test drives? I did my test drive in the Seattle area.. thanks!

Back