Taking delivery of 2023 used Lucid Air Touring next week

Stillwater70

Reaction score
Cars
23 AT Quantum Grey/Tahoe
Hoping to get some advice on what I need to be prepared for taking delivery of an used 2023 Lucid Touring next week from 3rd party. What I am doing are the following:

1. Making sure I get the Key fobs and valet cards from the seller.
  2. Registering the car with DMV this week.
  3. Adding vehicle to my insurance.
  4. Sent an email to Lucid Customer care to transfer the car to me, which they said they will do once I register the car and provide proof.
Anything I am missing or any suggestions that I need to take care of. Thank you in advance for your valuable advice.

Check if you are getting the charging cable.

Call Lucid Customer Care right away to get this added to your account by sending the info to (Bill of Sale, Registration, Driver License Front (phone pictures are enough)) [email protected]

Check that Electrify America is activated (you see that later in the app). You won't be able to transfer it to you, but it's on the car.

Oh yes, correct have the charging cable and the two adaptors (120V and 240V). I am getting the car registered on Friday, so will send the details to them to add the car to me.

As for EA they told me that they cannot transfer to me, so I am assuming that since it comes with the car, I should be able to see it on the app. What should I look for specifically?

EA - Lucid App -> Lucid Charging Service -> Service Summary -> You should see the remaining months there
(I would just deactivate "Email Receipt" as I think this will go to the original owner :-))

Thank you Frank, good advice about disabling email receipt. But is that only for charging or does that disable all Email communications?

Only for charging summaries!

Thank you, Bill. I have this problem, as I need to expand my electrical panel to add a 240V outlet in my garage. So this could help in the short term.. I am just concerned about any accidents inside the house.

Thank you, Bill. I have this problem, as I need to expand my electrical panel to add a 240V outlet in my garage. So this could help in the short term.. I am just concerned about any accidents inside the house.
If you are expanding anyway, you should consider hardwiring a charger instead of a 240v outlet. You can install a higher amp 100a sub panel and charge at as high as 80a.

Yes, that is what I am planning on doing. Hardwire instead of installing an outlet, so I can get higher amp.

Back