Survey: are you on iPhone or Android?

Are you an iPhone or Android? And, if Android... which one?

• iPhone

Votes: 82 58.6%
  • Android: Samsung

Votes: 33 23.6%
  • Android: Google

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Android: other

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
At the request of a fellow member....

Excellent. It also helps if we ask which make and model. That narrows the QA matrix for lucid to very few phones

Android for incessant ads, iPhone FTW :cool:

FTR, I'm a PC guy, no MACS for me :p

My guess is Lucid probably already has this information in some form when users use/download the lucid mobile app.

IMHO, parsing the useragent http header of verified owners of this site would allow much more data than a poll if the goal is to provide information to Lucid.

When I first started driving the Lucid, I really missed Android Auto. But now that I've gotten used to the car's systems the only thing I really want from it is Google Maps.
Google Assistant would be nice too.

Android Auto is needed for Waze alerts through the car stereo from what the service tech said. So, yeah I need it for that too

When I first started driving the Lucid, I really missed Android Auto. But now that I've gotten used to the car's systems the only thing I really want from it is Google Maps.
Same here.

Ads? I haven't noticed them on any of our Google phones. Could be a Samsung thing?
I guess it is Samsung's thing.
I was bombarded with them to the extended that i had to install Adguard.

I tend to agree but second the excellence of the Google Assistant. Alexa can't understand me when I try to ask it to text people, use WhatsApp, or ask it to call almost anyone. With Android mid driving, I can just say "get directions to..." And it never fails in our Volvo. Alexa has been really disappointing to be honest.
If they had a music favorites list across apps, that would eliminate some of the hassle and help keep eyes on the road better. Sorry but the last item was a tangential point... I'm sure it will get there

I tend to agree but second the excellence of the Google Assistant. Alexa can't understand me when I try to ask it to text people, use WhatsApp, or ask it to call almost anyone. With Android mid driving, I can just say "get directions to..." And it never fails in our Volvo. Alexa has been really disappointing to be honest.
If they had a music favorites list across apps, that would eliminate some of the hassle and help keep eyes on the road better. Sorry but the last item was a tangential point... I'm sure it will get there
Yeah, I will say that using Siri for texting has been much better.

A dumb question. I believe that google assistant and Google home are available on iPhone as well as google maps and navigation. If a car has android automotive os and Google maps and nav, does it support siri and carplay for the iPhone users?

A dumb question. I believe that google assistant and Google home are available on iPhone as well as google maps and navigation. If a car has android automotive os and Google maps and nav, does it support siri and carplay for the iPhone users?
Yes.

OMG, Samsung has put ads everywhere into their phones, its become crazy

Just on a side note, my buddy driving the car tested the "Alexa turn the temperature to 68" and it worked flawlessly. And not even I had tried it since I bought the car cause I had lost faith in Alexa after first 2 months of ownership. But from what I remember, adjusting car temperature via Alexa did not work when I first got the car.

Lucid is low key working out a ton of features without ever mentioning it in the patch notes.

Back