Sun Visor Replacement

bearmdjd

Cars
Zenith Red Grand Touring
Curious if this has happened to any other Lucid owners. I have an AGT and the driver’s side sun visor assembly came unglued from the windshield and fell off. It’s been 3 weeks since it happened and now Lucid customer service is telling me that the only way to fix the problem is to replace the entire windshield. Ordinarily, this would be fine except I already had the windshield covered in STEK for extra protection at my own cost ($1200). Lucid is telling me that they won’t replace the STEK and I am responsible for the cost of replacement. It seems outrageous to me that I am being asked to front the cost for STEK replacement caused by their own build quality issues. Has the sun visor mount fallen off for anyone else? Is this a known issue?

Attachments

• 29217738-B3ED-4768-9C69-75F06A38FF75.jpeg
    29217738-B3ED-4768-9C69-75F06A38FF75.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • DEE470CD-0924-4426-B55D-FD22F15A424B.jpeg
    DEE470CD-0924-4426-B55D-FD22F15A424B.jpeg
    770.7 KB · Views: 159
Curious if this has happened to any other Lucid owners. I have an AGT and the driver’s side sun visor assembly came unglued from the windshield and fell off. It’s been 3 weeks since it happened and now Lucid customer service is telling me that the only way to fix the problem is to replace the entire windshield. Ordinarily, this would be fine except I already had the windshield covered in STEK for extra protection at my own cost ($1200). Lucid is telling me that they won’t replace the STEK and I am responsible for the cost of replacement. It seems outrageous to me that I am being asked to front the cost for STEK replacement caused by their own build quality issues. Has the sun visor mount fallen off for anyone else? Is this a known issue?
I personally took my sun visors off myself entirely. The stupid sticky surface above is baked into the glass. I have absolutely no idea why they're noting the windshield has to be replaced though... unless they're saying the sticky surface needs to be replaced. Because that's baked into the windshield, yeah... that might require a replacement. Although, I don't understand why they just don't re-apply new adhesive and try that first.

Personally, I would question them on why they can't scrape off the existing adhesive and re-apply new adhesive.

I can also note that it was an absolute b*tch to get the sun visors off and scrape off that adhesive. I'm baffled it fell off for you.

Where is the car located? Is it typically parked uncovered during daytime?
Trying to see if this is something I have to worry about in the desert here.

Where is the car located? Is it typically parked uncovered during daytime?
Trying to see if this is something I have to worry about in the desert here.
located in Northern California and garaged. Never left out during the daytime.

I personally took my sun visors off myself entirely. The stupid sticky surface above is baked into the glass. I have absolutely no idea why they're noting the windshield has to be replaced though... unless they're saying the sticky surface needs to be replaced. Because that's baked into the windshield, yeah... that might require a replacement. Although, I don't understand why they just don't re-apply new adhesive and try that first.

Personally, I would question them on why they can't scrape off the existing adhesive and re-apply new adhesive.

I can also note that it was an absolute b*tch to get the sun visors off and scrape off that adhesive. I'm baffled it fell off for you.
I had my visors removed, but the posts remain, were you able to get them off completely?

I had my visors removed, but the posts remain, were you able to get them off completely?
I could not get the flat sticker black base like thing off as these seem to be baked into the glass itself. Everything else came off.

I am curious. By STEK you mean window tint?

If so, I’d talk to the tint installer and ask how they got the tint on without cutting or removing the visor. My guess is the tint installer got it off then semi placed it back on to not show any lines in the tint.

Do you have pictures of what this looks like? I'd be very interested to see!

Back