Strange Horn honked while we were driving on road trip

cyberwife

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Strange - Horn honked while we were driving on road trip - We went on a 11 hour road trip last week. No issues until we were driving back and about 5 hours into the trip, our horn honked by itself - and the center console screen switched over to the diagram showing the car openings. I had both hands on the wheel driving and my husband was dozing off. We both heard the honk - there were no cars around us and when I heard the honk I looked down at the console screen and it had flipped from the home screen to the screen that shows the top of the car and any open doors or trunk. Nothing showed as open on the screen. I pulled off at the next exit and did a walk around and found nothing amiss. Any ideas why that might have happened?

Strange - Horn honked while we were driving on road trip - We went on a 11 hour road trip last week. No issues until we were driving back and about 5 hours into the trip, our horn honked by itself - and the center console screen switched over to the diagram showing the car openings. I had both hands on the wheel driving and my husband was dozing off. We both heard the honk - there were no cars around us and when I heard the honk I looked down at the console screen and it had flipped from the home screen to the screen that shows the top of the car and any open doors or trunk. Nothing showed as open on the screen. I pulled off at the next exit and did a walk around and found nothing amiss. Any ideas why that might have happened?
Super odd. Never seen or heard of that. Curious if anyone else reports it.

In the meantime, definitely contact service and let them know.

Any ideas why that might have happened?

I haven't had the horn sound like this, but every now and then something happens in our car such as a screen display randomly switching. The software just seems to hiccough occasionally.

Fortunately, none of these rare incidents has ever impaired the ability to drive the car.

I agree that you should let Customer Service know about this, giving them the date and time as closely as you can pin it down.

Back