Stopping charging early

ColonelBadger

Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
IQZT5SXS
Yesterday my Air was still charging when I needed to leave, so I just removed the cable and went on my way. Today reading the manual I read you’re supposed to tell it to stop charging before removing the cable ? So does that mean I shouldn’t have just removed the cable ?

Yesterday my Air was still charging when I needed to leave, so I just removed the cable and went on my way. Today reading the manual I read you’re supposed to tell it to stop charging before removing the cable ? So does that mean I shouldn’t have just removed the cable ?
You’re fine. It’s *technically* safer to stop charging before you remove the cable, but it’s not a huge deal either way. Just better to put the car and the charger in a state of “stopped” vs pulling the plug while it’s charging.

You’re fine. It’s *technically* safer to stop charging before you remove the cable, but it’s not a huge deal either way. Just better to put the car and the charger in a state of “stopped” vs pulling the plug while it’s charging.
this is great to know. I've NEVER stopped charging prior to unplugging the charger. Good to know!

As soon as you press the unlock button on the cable, the charging will stop. Hence, not really an issue but still better to stop charging first.

Back