Stolen Vehicle Recovery??

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
So I called to activate my insurance as I'm hopefully picking up the car tomorrow. The agent asked me a few questions regarding features on the car. He asked if it has a stolen car recovery feature like "Lojack". I said I wasn't sure but I believe it does have a feature whereby you can track the location of the car on your iPhone?? Is that correct and if so I would think that would provide the same ability that "Lojack" provides, right? Also, he asked about alarm features to which I again answered yes (hoping that is also correct??). Are there any other "special" features that could impact insurance rates?

Afternoon,

There is a map section on Lucid app that shows where you vehicle is located…on my app I can see the car in the garage on the map

So I called to activate my insurance as I'm hopefully picking up the car tomorrow. The agent asked me a few questions regarding features on the car. He asked if it has a stolen car recovery feature like "Lojack". I said I wasn't sure but I believe it does have a feature whereby you can track the location of the car on your iPhone?? Is that correct and if so I would think that would provide the same ability that "Lojack" provides, right? Also, he asked about alarm features to which I again answered yes (hoping that is also correct??). Are there any other "special" features that could impact insurance rates?

Both are correct - you can track it’s location as long as it has charge, and it does have a shock and tilt alarm.

No other “special” features I’m aware of.

Both are correct - you can track it’s location as long as it has charge, and it does have a shock and tilt alarm.

No other “special” features I’m aware of.
Ok great! Then I didn't "lie" to my insurance. I'm hoping also in the future the cameras will be able to record any incidents but we'll have to wait and see it that happens.

Good evening,

It’s time to renew my insurance policy with USAA. When I added my AGT to my policy in March, per Lucid, I told USAA the AGT was equipped with vehicle recovery. For my renewal, in order to receive a discount on my insurance, USAA is asking if my vehicle has a vehicle recovery system with an active subscription.

Since I’m not paying for a subscription, I contacted Customer Care to find out how the vehicle recovery system works. Lucid responded with:

The vehicle is nearly impossible to steal. If the car is some how stolen...

1. A PIN would need to be entered to put the car in drive

2. The Alarm will sound off until the battery is completely dead

3. You'll be notified on your Lucid Mobile app that the car is being moved with no key detected.

4. You'll have the capability to track the car on your mobile app.

So, based on this explanation, I would like to assert these features are as good if not better than a subscription to a company like Lojack.

Thoughts?

Good evening,

It’s time to renew my insurance policy with USAA. When I added my AGT to my policy in March, per Lucid, I told USAA the AGT was equipped with vehicle recovery. For my renewal, in order to receive a discount on my insurance, USAA is asking if my vehicle has a vehicle recovery system with an active subscription.

Since I’m not paying for a subscription, I contacted Customer Care to find out how the vehicle recovery system works. Lucid responded with:

The vehicle is nearly impossible to steal. If the car is some how stolen...

1. A PIN would need to be entered to put the car in drive

2. The Alarm will sound off until the battery is completely dead

3. You'll be notified on your Lucid Mobile app that the car is being moved with no key detected.

4. You'll have the capability to track the car on your mobile app.

So, based on this explanation, I would like to assert these features are as good if not better than a subscription to a company like Lojack.

Thoughts?
Interesting. USAA didn't ask me about that. From what I understand, Lucid can track the car but doesn't notify the authorities or a central dispatch station if there's an issue. I've asked a number of times whether Lucid will call 911 or a central dispatcher if the car's in a crash and the airbag goes off, but have never received an answer, so I've concluded the answer is "no," which is odd and unfortunate since Lucid itself knows if an airbag has been deployed through its telematics system. Lucid's comment that "the vehicle is nearly impossible to steal" is not helpful, since if someone really wanted a high-end car they would put it on a flatbed. The tilt and shock alarm might go off, but that doesn't seem to deter anyone anymore.

Yep, both times, USAA asked about vehicle recovery. The first time, I was not asked about an active subscription. This time, the website states:

Anti-theft and Safety Devices​

Does your vehicle have a vehicle recovery system (Opens Pop-up Layer) with an active subscription (Opens Pop-up Layer)?Yes No
This discount will expire on 01/01/2023. Selecting Yes confirms the subscription is still active and will allow the discount to continue until 01/01/2024.
Does the subscription (Opens Pop-up Layer) remain active?Yes No
Does your vehicle have daytime running lights (Opens Pop-up Layer)?Yes No

So, to continue to receive the discount, it appears USAA wants car owners to have an active subscription with a car recovery company.

Again, interesting. When I applied in late September, I simply gave them the VIN and they gave me a price--there was nothing at all to verify or confirm.

I certainly hope Lucid starts something like Mbrace (or whtatever Mercedes calls their crash notification system nowadays). Even my VW has that capability.

Take it to Russia and put the PIN in 10000 times until one works ....
Does anyone know if you get locked out after entering the wrong PIN a certain number of times? If not, that should be a feature request. It should complete disable the car.

In any event, it doesn't really matter if someone can operate the car after stealing it. They can break it down for parts or put it in their trophy car garage. My only point is that any car can be stolen, and without a centralized tracking system (at least that they've made public), Lucid isn't competitive with its luxury peers.

Does anyone know if you get locked out after entering the wrong PIN a certain number of times? If not, that should be a feature request. It should complete disable the car.
From the manual.

After 21 unsuccessful attempts, the driver
cannot enter the PIN code for a time-out period
of 2 hours.

Yep, both times, USAA asked about vehicle recovery. The first time, I was not asked about an active subscription. This time, the website states:

Does your vehicle have a vehicle recovery system (Opens Pop-up Layer) with an active subscription (Opens Pop-up Layer)?Yes No
This discount will expire on 01/01/2023. Selecting Yes confirms the subscription is still active and will allow the discount to continue until 01/01/2024.

So, to continue to receive the discount, it appears USAA wants car owners to have an active subscription with a car recovery company.
Insurance companies need to update their systems understanding that cars are coming from the manufacturer with gps location as a built in feature and don’t require third party systems that need a subscription to remain active.

Had similar experience when applying for insurance with USAA, now just received email from USAA regarding status of subscription. Is there any further guidance from Lucid pertaining to this?

Happy New Year! Unfortunately, I have not received any additional information from Lucid. Thus, USAA stopped giving me the discount.

Back