Steering wheel heat icon hard to decipher

The UI 'button' states make total sense for their design component library... but for whatever reason, I also need to double-take/study the screen too long to see if it's on or not. Yes, this is not an issue if the wheel itself is hot. But if it has cooled and has remained enabled after I parked, I look to see if it's enabled because the wheel is cold and at a glance sometimes do not know if it is on or not without taking a longer look.

I had this issue Wednesday night! Not some earthshattering problem, but I don't think the sentiment that it can be confusing should be so rapidly dismissed.
Interesting! It would appear that most people here don’t find it confusing, but I didn’t mean to sound dismissive, so I apologize if I came off that way. @DeaneG and I know each other in person, so while I don’t think he took offense, I apologize if I transgressed.

That said, I still maintain that *I* feel it isn’t confusing, and is actually the way I’d design it as well, as it’s consistent with the “activation” of other toggles.

But it’s totally reasonable that someone might be confused by something I’m not. :)

@DeaneG and I know each other in person, so while I don’t think he took offense, I apologize if I transgressed.
Ha ha, not at all. If we all agreed on design, everything would look the same.

My issue with the steering wheel heat control came when the car's climate system automatically turned the steering wheel heat on. The wheel became warm, and when I checked the UI, to me it didn't immediately and clearly indicate heating status. I only look at this screen once a month or so, maybe that was my issue.

Back