Sorry, new to the forum - Got a VIN#

InOf8

Cars
Tesla
Does anyone know how long from VIN to delivery for the GT.

Congrats! While I can’t speak to timing (seems to be 4-6wks), it would help if you post your reservation/confirmation/vin dates and your configuration in the Grand Touring Batch Tracker thread.

I’m glad you’ll be getting your car soon. What is your current ride and anything you’re looking forward to most with the Lucid?

Congrats! What’s your color and interior choice? Also when did you confirm? We need more data points on order confirmations vs build configuration.

Does anyone know how long from VIN to delivery for the GT.
Well, we're coming up on 1 month since the first GT VINs were assigned and only 1 person is close to delivery. The rest of us (I believe) have been told our cars are finished but still waiting for them to arrive locally.

I was an early Tesla adopter 2012. Have had 2 since. I am still on the fence about completing this transaction. I also have a Karma Revero. Early cars are so buggy and I have no close service provider for Lucid. Tesla is opening another service center in Akron and the Cleveland center is only 49 minutes away. I am not sure if I can deal with not being able to get my car serviced. Thoughts?

I was an original dream holder but converted to GT. Order confirmed in November 2021. Not sure how to locate the other items.

I was an early Tesla adopter 2012. Have had 2 since. I am still on the fence about completing this transaction. I also have a Karma Revero. Early cars are so buggy and I have no close service provider for Lucid. Tesla is opening another service center in Akron and the Cleveland center is only 49 minutes away. I am not sure if I can deal with not being able to get my car serviced. Thoughts?
Lucid is scaling pretty fast and does mobile service fairly well from what others have said. So far the Lucid has been my favorite electric, and that's after driving all the other players in the segment including the Taycan. From a driving experience, range and comfort perspective I think it ticks all the boxes. However, if you're prioritizing service proximity, easy access to chargers such as the Supercharger network, and a proven platform then you may want to reconsider.

My take: If you want to love the drive, the Lucid is your car. If you want to not worry about service and always have a charger, Tesla might be more your speed.
I was an original dream holder but converted to GT. Order confirmed in November 2021. Not sure how to locate the other items.
No worries - curious what paint/wheels/interior you selected for your GT though.

Thanks for your response. That is really helpful. I really want the best drive and comfort.

I ordered:

Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Thanks for your response. That is really helpful. I really want the best drive and comfort.

I ordered:

Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain
Excellent configuration choice! The Zenith Red looks epic and the 19" wheels are a sublime ride (I've driven them and the 21's).

I think you'll be very happy with the drive and comfort :)

Lucid is scaling pretty fast and does mobile service fairly well from what others have said. So far the Lucid has been my favorite electric, and that's after driving all the other players in the segment including the Taycan. From a driving experience, range and comfort perspective I think it ticks all the boxes. However, if you're prioritizing service proximity, easy access to chargers such as the Supercharger network, and a proven platform then you may want to reconsider.

My take: If you want to love the drive, the Lucid is your car. If you want to not worry about service and always have a charger, Tesla might be more your speed.

No worries - curious what paint/wheels/interior you selected for your GT though.
I think the thing Tesla has is the charging network, not the service at least for now. We will see in a few years, but with the limited cars out now, Lucids service is light years ahead of Tesla now.

Make the change! You know where you've been. Now, grab a piece of the future. From a driver experience, I do not recall any Tesla/DE owner who has not underscored the superior drive dynamics of the DE.

Make the change! You know where you've been. Now, grab a piece of the future. From a driver experience, I do not recall any Tesla/DE owner who has not underscored the superior drive dynamics of the DE.
But, but but Elon tweeted:

We could’ve made a 600 mile Model S 12 months ago, but that would’ve made the product worse imo, as 99.9% of time you’d be carrying unneeded battery mass, which makes acceleration, handling & efficiency worse.

The Lucid Air handles worse, accelerates slower, and is less efficient because of its bigger battery and longer range. Obviously you do not know what you are talking about @PhotoEye :p

But, but but Elon tweeted:

We could’ve made a 600 mile Model S 12 months ago, but that would’ve made the product worse imo, as 99.9% of time you’d be carrying unneeded battery mass, which makes acceleration, handling & efficiency worse.

The Lucid Air handles worse, accelerates slower, and is less efficient because of its bigger battery and longer range. Obviously you do not know what you are talking about @PhotoEye :p
1. "We could have ....." My experience is those who "could have" would have.
2. I self-reported not having any experience with other EVs, and deferred to other who are Tesla/DE owners to comment on drive dynamics. I am not a Tesla hater.
3. "The Lucid Air handles worse, accelerates slower, and is less efficient because of its bigger battery and longer range." Can you quantify and source, please?

1. "We could have ....." My experience is those who "could have" would have.
2. I self-reported not having any experience with other EVs, and deferred to other who are Tesla/DE owners to comment on drive dynamics. I am not a Tesla hater.
3. "The Lucid Air handles worse, accelerates slower, and is less efficient because of its bigger battery and longer range." Can you quantify and source, please?
The source was Elon's tweet, so he himself is the source so it has to be accurate. And, yes, I was joking, hence the Smiley Face with the tongue sticking out.

I love the passion that surrounds electric vehicles!! What I know is that when I have to drive an ice car, it feels like I have gone back in time to the 70’s

The source was Elon's tweet, so he himself is the source so it has to be accurate. And, yes, I was joking, hence the Smiley Face with the tongue sticking out.
My Bad. Thank you!

My Bad. Thank you!
I am just amazed when he states 3 reasons they did not make a 600 mile car and yet Lucid does not suffer, even a little, any of those 3 things. It actually excels at each of them

I love the passion that surrounds electric vehicles!! What I know is that when I have to drive an ice car, it feels like I have gone back in time to the 70’s
Sorry @InOf8 I hijacked your thread with wonderful news of your VIN with my posts. I do apologize

Back