Now that I've been driving my Gravity around, I do have some small wishes. Some of these they might not be able to change due to regulations and such. But a man can dream…
It's noteworthy that all of these are essentially nits. In general, the software is pretty great.
- Low ride height, always. I pretty much never want my Gravity in standard or high. I want a station wagon, not a truck. If I get better range in low due to better aero, why not always put the thing in low? Instead, it keeps defaulting to standard. (I think because of the EPA nonsense?) Not only when I first start driving, but also when I switch drive modes. Every time I look down, it's switched itself back to standard. Drives me nuts.
- More options for the custom buttons. I like that the custom buttons are so easy to set. But I'd like to use them for other things besides the current four functions.
- Nav: When I am looking for charging stations and I'm already driving along a highway, don't sort by distance or availability. Sort by which ones aren't going to require me to make a u-turn. It's showing me stations that are south of me while I'm traveling northbound.
- Meanwhile, they need to integrate CarPlay with the range, etc. like Ford does, so I can just search for stations and get my estimated range at destination via the Maps app.
- Speaking of CarPlay, I want Spatial Audio through the Music app. Barring that, a native Music app that can do spatial or Dolby Atmos. I do not want to manage a Tidal sub or use a crappy Tidal app.
- More sanctuary videos, please. They showed off more than they actually shipped. Where are the rest of them? They're actually more useful than I thought they would be.
- True Zen mode. During the launch, they showed off a super minimal mode where pretty much all the screens went dark and you just see your speed and any warnings. I would use that all the time if it existed. Instead we just get to hide the dynamic range thing.
- Speaking of dynamic range, I have no idea what it's smoking. But the numbers doesn't seem to match any reality I'm aware of.
- The HUD is more annoying than useful. Lucid seemed to have some really interesting plans for the HUD when they first announced it, but what they have shipped is not that. For starters, I can't get it high enough to be in focus and full brightness where my head is. I have to duck my head down a bit even at it's highest height. And where it sits is more in the way than I'd like. And it constantly wants to show me the speed hands free Dream Drive would be if I were to engage it? Why? The blind spot warnings are nice, and I guess it's more useful if you use native nav. But for now I just turn it off. (Oh, and it also basically disappears when I use polarized sunglasses.) Luckily the speed is always right there just below where I'm looking anyway on the main screen.
All in all, like I said, these are nitpicks. I haven't really encountered any real bugs yet. Though it does seem to think I'm drowsy more often than it should. But who knows? Maybe I have been drowsy lately? I think it's getting triggered when I drive at just the right angle into the sun. My Air never did that.