Software updates

Chandi23

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
I still have software version 2.0.71. I see that many owners in the group have newer versions. Does anybody know what the software distribution plan is? Thanks

I still have software version 2.0.71. I see that many owners in the group have newer versions. Does anybody know what the software distribution plan is? Thanks
There are several different threads on this at this point, so I could see where you'd be confused.

The short version is that if you are still on 2.0.71, you should next get 2.1.7, followed by 2.1.10. That should happen within the next week or so, at the latest.

There are several different threads on this at this point, so I could see where you'd be confused.

The short version is that if you are still on 2.0.71, you should next get 2.1.7, followed by 2.1.10. That should happen within the next week or so, at the latest.
Well I’m still at 2.0.68 and waiting…. All in good time, I guess…

(Easy Entry/Exit feature on recent upgrade)
Can anyone help me figure out how Easy Entry is set up? I've gone to settings, vehicle, doors, and there's the new option for Easy Entry, but it's "grayed out" and I am unable to turn it on. What am I missing?

Well I’m still at 2.0.68 and waiting…. All in good time, I guess…
For that, you should definitely text CS and ask for 2.0.71.

Reactions: HES
how do you request a software push?
Just text customer support that you still haven't received the OTA and request that they push it to you. It worked like a dream as they can be so helput. You uaully should wait at least a week or so after the OTA update has been releases before you make the request to give the software folks a change to send it to you using normal procedures.

Be carful what you wish for. Since the 2.1.3 update mine likes to go into a deep sleep and not awaken to the phone or fob. Takes the valet key to gain entrance. I had very few ‘glitches’ before this update; now loose CarPlay regularly but the deep sleep is a real pain.

Be carful what you wish for. Since the 2.1.3 update mine likes to go into a deep sleep and not awaken to the phone or fob. Takes the valet key to gain entrance. I had very few ‘glitches’ before this update; now loose CarPlay regularly but the deep sleep is a real pain.
Have you tried to remove and re-add the fob or mobile key?

Have you tried to remove and re-add the fob or mobile key?
Havent done that. It happens on an intermittent basis and when it happens to one, the other is affected. Wasnt sure redoing the connection would help but perhaps I will give it a try. Thanks

(Easy Entry/Exit feature on recent upgrade)
Can anyone help me figure out how Easy Entry is set up? I've gone to settings, vehicle, doors, and there's the new option for Easy Entry, but it's "grayed out" and I am unable to turn it on. What am I missing?
Contact c/s and ask them to schedule you for the "seat homing" procedure. It can be done via mobile service.

I am on 2.0.7.1 and called CS yesterday, they said that all software above mine was on hold. She said that they can't push anything to me.

Pretty sure she didn't have a clue.

I'm going to stay impatient as I haven't received the last couple updates but still feel I'll get them eventually without contacting anyone

I'm going to stay impatient as I haven't received the last couple updates but still feel I'll get them eventually without contacting anyone

I’m behind a few updates too, but I don’t mind. I also have the benefit of being a Tesla owner of several years. One learns very quickly not to be too eager to get the latest and greatest updates. It’s sometimes the case that the latest software update breaks what wasn’t broken. A case of one wave forward, three waves back. I can think of a few instances when Tesla added functionality but then broke something else in doing so. Or when Tesla introduced a “new and improved” version of a popular feature, only to make it worse.

Be careful what you wish for. The longer you wait, the less troublesome the update you eventually do get will be.

For that, you should definitely text CS and ask for 2.0.71.
Without having to call, got it all done yesterday - suddenly received 2.1.7 and within a half hour of completing, they sent me 2.1.10. All seems to be working flawlessly, even the seat entry. This car just gets better and better…. 😀

Friends of mine have a 2021 iD.4 and just got their first update. Software update and some recalls all had to be done at shop. They were without the car for several weeks. So I'm happy with OTA and don't mind waiting a bit for our frequent updates.

Contact c/s and ask them to schedule you for the "seat homing" procedure. It can be done via mobile service.
My easy entry/exit button also grayed out, went to Beverly Hills Service for Seat Homing procedure...took 2.5 hrs and they were NOT successful in activating the feature. They even called other service centers in So. Cal and did a whole bunch things and still doesn't work.

They are ordering a new driver's seat and will have it install in about 3 weeks.

I hope this feature is worth it.

Well, Finally received 2.1.10 and 2.1.7 today, Wow what a difference. I fell in love with the car again.
Previously, whenever I would drive on our divided hwy (290 West), the assist would chase the left turn lanes that would show up.
I would have to jerk the car back to the lane when it went off on a tangent. Today I tried it and wow, the car would only hint at heading for those lanes but would, for a split second, then ignore them.
That really makes a big difference and will certainly please the misses. She was always on edge when it did that and told me to drive it manually. I also like that I can float a little to find my favorite part of the lane without hugging the 18 wheelers next to us on the right.
Also, Max A/C was long needed. Can't wait to discover some more gems with these updates, thanks Lucid.

Back