Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
Forget the start button. How about shut ALL the lights off button.
It's difficult to have sex in the car with the lights on.
Totally agree on the lights off button. No reason not to have that option.

Totally agree on the lights off button. No reason not to have that option.
Insomniac here. I taken to spending an hour or so sitting in the car, in the garage, listing to music.
It would be nice to be able to do this in the dark.

On the other hand, driving on the Jersey Pike, at dusk, in pouring rain, I'm astounded at how many vehicles have NO LIGHTS at all.
Obviously they went out of their way to turn off the AUTO lights feature off. I'm pretty sure Auto Lights has been standard on all modern vehicles for some time. Do they not know they are invisible to old people?

Can someone add one more option to the list? * none of these bugs have occurred. I have not experienced any of the listed issues. 🤞

Insomniac here. I taken to spending an hour or so sitting in the car, in the garage, listing to music.
It would be nice to be able to do this in the dark.

On the other hand, driving on the Jersey Pike, at dusk, in pouring rain, I'm astounded at how many vehicles have NO LIGHTS at all.
Obviously they went out of their way to turn off the AUTO lights feature off. I'm pretty sure Auto Lights has been standard on all modern vehicles for some time. Do they not know they are invisible to old people?
The way I envision it, the “lights off” button would immediately turn all exterior lights off. If you don’t put it into drive, the lights should stay off no matter what you do. Open the doors, trunk, whatever. If you do start moving, at some pre-defined speed (perhaps 20-25 mph), the car should re-engage auto lights. Similar to how mirror folding works.

I had half of this issue the other day for the first time ever

"Car abruptly stopping with apparently no object in front"
I was driving in rain and wanted to try out Highway Assist because here in Utah, when it rains, the road lines disappear completely, and you're basically only following the person in front of you and relying on them to be within the lane.

Plus I noticed when using the car's cameras that the cameras can see the lines much much better than I can, maybe polarized lenses or something? Or being closer to the ground? I don't know, but anyways.

While testing HA, I got random out of blue "brake ⚠" warning like someone just cut me off or something. Then I felt the car brake for a tenth of a second, then everything just went away and continued on like nothing.

It was very weird, but hasn't happened sense.

Not sure this is a bug or not, but my 360° camera takes about 45 seconds to boot up fully and to a point that I don't even find it useful for me anymore because it takes me less time to get inside the car and put it in reverse and start driving. Is anyone else having this issue?
Thanks for sharing, @lucidtouringman. I just sent you a DM.

Just had a bug when we got in the car and it took unusually long to switch to my profile. Once it started up, the four buttons (home, nav, music, phone) were not visible, nor were the home link. Basically it showed the CarPlay display and nothing else. Was able to play music through CarPlay, but the volume could not adjust. Once we got home, locked the car, then unlocked it, everything was fine.

Just had a bug when we got in the car and it took unusually long to switch to my profile. Once it started up, the four buttons (home, nav, music, phone) were not visible, nor were the home link. Basically it showed the CarPlay display and nothing else. Was able to play music through CarPlay, but the volume could not adjust. Once we got home, locked the car, then unlocked it, everything was fine.
Next time that happens, do an Air logo reset.

Instead of my car randomly stopping with no object in front it sometimes happens when back up getting close to a wall but not within 2 feet.

Also, not the biggest issue as we now have two fobs but I sometimes use the mobile key through my Apple Watch but it hasn’t worked since the 2.1.3 update. The mobile key on the phone works well but the watch no longer communicates with the car.

Instead of my car randomly stopping with no object in front it sometimes happens when back up getting close to a wall but not within 2 feet.

Also, not the biggest issue as we now have two fobs but I sometimes use the mobile key through my Apple Watch but it hasn’t worked since the 2.1.3 update. The mobile key on the phone works well but the watch no longer communicates with the car.
Restart your watch for a happy surprise.

Yes, the watch app does not work.
Anecdotal, but my watch app started working again today out of the blue. I suggest giving it a try again.

Could be a fluke. Could be they were able to fix it on the backend. No update was issued.

Anecdotal, but my watch app started working again today out of the blue. I suggest giving it a try again.

Could be a fluke. Could be they were able to fix it on the backend. No update was issued.
Yes a watch restart did indeed revive the app but the car did not seem to want to wake up. Can’t blame it, today’s a good day to sleep in.
EDIT: it eventually woke up.

Back