Software 3.3.20 Update

If Lucid had held off on deliveries for the six months it took them to work through most of these issues, the automotive world's reception of the car would have been so very different, as almost everyone acknowledges the car's superb engineering bones.
Unfortunately, if they took another 6 months, the car would still have problems. I fear that their testing procedures amount to having the customers put the car through its paces. So it’s better they released it early as far as having the problems appear sooner. As you can tell I have no confidence in their testing.
 
Unfortunately, if they took another 6 months, the car would still have problems. I fear that their testing procedures amount to having the customers put the car through its paces. So it’s better they released it early as far as having the problems appear sooner. As you can tell I have no confidence in their testing.
Also remember that most of the testing was done without the production software.
 
All true.

But what we do know is that almost every major reviewer who has gotten hold of a production Gravity for independent testing has had significant software issues: Out of Spec Motoring, State of Charge, Savagegeese, Edmunds, Consumer Reports, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, et al. In fact, I have failed to come across a single review, major or minor, video or printed, that has not made mention of software issues, ranging from entering and starting the car to constant function alerts to difficulties charging to ADAS failures.

Our third Gravity, delivered six months after the start of full-bore deliveries, is the first we've seen without significant hardware or software issues so far. If Lucid had held off on deliveries for the six months it took them to work through most of these issues, the automotive world's reception of the car would have been so very different, as almost everyone acknowledges the car's superb engineering bones.
Unfortunately their CEO is not as in tune with their products/software as Elon. Even with the latest software update where the CEO raved about it solving all our problems, it come nowhere close.
 
Unfortunately their CEO is not as in tune with their products/software as Elon. Even with the latest software update where the CEO raved about it solving all our problems, it come nowhere close.

It's no excuse for Lucid's software mess, but . . .

Having owned two Teslas over a 10-year period, I cannot agree that Musk was in tune with much of anything other than how to self-promote and hype features that were not there or did not work as claimed.

Some of the worst features of our Teslas were the things that Musk personally insisted on over the objections of his engineers and designers.
 
This update has worked wonders so far. I have not received a single false alert or any of the other wackiness, including the annoying arctic blast. Well done, Lucid.
I have my first case of the Arctic blast. But it came from when my top navigation screen was kind of stuck and I played around losing my fingers and that somehow turned the Arctic blast on on all ACS
 
Just this Sunday while we were driving back home on the interstate, the pilot panel stopped showing "Seats" menu, so we couldn't access massage function or anything related to seat controls, pilot panel just was blank on the "Seat" section, and generally was very slow switching between other menus. Also, on a different day my daughter ,who usually seats in the back, noticed that 2nd row screen goes blank from time to time
 
Just this Sunday while we were driving back home on the interstate, the pilot panel stopped showing "Seats" menu, so we couldn't access massage function or anything related to seat controls, pilot panel just was blank on the "Seat" section, and generally was very slow switching between other menus. Also, on a different day my daughter ,who usually seats in the back, noticed that 2nd row screen goes blank from time to time
Really feels like the car is trying to be too “efficient” by turning everything off. Which explains why every time I access one of the menu icons for the first time, navigation for example, takes time loading up.
 
well, since we turned on the seat heater on full blast as we started driving ,we were trying to turn them down a little as we got warmer during the drive, but it wouldn't let us and kept grilling our butts untill we could figure it out (sotware just unfroze). Gravity trying to be too efficient by not letting the driver/ passanger to turn off some functionality? Maybe, but during the functionality is turned on, it's definately feels like a wrong approach
 
well, since we turned on the seat heater on full blast as we started driving ,we were trying to turn them down a little as we got warmer during the drive, but it wouldn't let us and kept grilling our butts untill we could figure it out (sotware just unfroze). Gravity trying to be too efficient by not letting the driver/ passanger to turn off some functionality? Maybe, but during the functionality is turned on, it's definately feels like a wrong approach
I’ve had this issue happen to me too. The pilot screen and top screen freeze and there’s no way to unfreeze them. Sometimes even a reset doesn’t unfreeze them. You literally have to lock the car, walk away 150ft, wait a few minutes, then come back and hope the car reset properly. It’s very annoying. Just one of the many underlying issues with the car. Maybe their choice in using Android instead of Linux like Tesla.
 
Just one of the many underlying issues with the car. Maybe their choice in using Android instead of Linux like Tesla.
I feel like a lot of the odd quirks and bugs that have long been unresolved are a result of Lucid’s choice to build on top of Android. The “Turn on location services” bug when using the Voice Assist is a perfect example of this. Also I get the sense that Android if eventually going to hold them back from features and display options that Lucid and its customers want. I have already seen a few Gravity reviews talking about things that they wish were different about the display but stating it was not possible with the Android base.

If I had to guess, Lucid will need to move away from Android to Linux at some point. I don’t know if it will be UX4 or something further down the road, but they are going to find Android is a hinderance, introducing limitations and silly bugs that the extra work to build off of Linux wouldn’t create.
 
well, since we turned on the seat heater on full blast as we started driving ,we were trying to turn them down a little as we got warmer during the drive, but it wouldn't let us and kept grilling our butts untill we could figure it out (sotware just unfroze). Gravity trying to be too efficient by not letting the driver/ passanger to turn off some functionality? Maybe, but during the functionality is turned on, it's definately feels like a wrong approach
I disagree that this is car trying to be too efficient. It is just Gravity software glitching as it does with so many other things. A couple weeks ago I had the opposite happen, in which the lower screen froze on the seats menu and would not change to any other menu.

On a side note, I have the left and right quick access hard buttons set to control driver/passenger seat heater/cooler.
 
The Lucid Assistant in our Gravity will no longer accept voice commands to switch music sources or to make song or artist selections as it used to. I brought this up to our mobile tech yesterday, and he said he had not seen Lucids do this for some time now.

He just sent me a video from another Gravity he was working on today, and he checked to see if its Lucid Assistant would switch music sources or make song/artist selections. It would not. He thinks Lucid has removed this feature.

Has anyone else run into this?
 
The Lucid Assistant in our Gravity will no longer accept voice commands to switch music sources or to make song or artist selections as it used to. I brought this up to our mobile tech yesterday, and he said he had not seen Lucids do this for some time now.

He just sent me a video from another Gravity he was working on today, and he checked to see if its Lucid Assistant would switch music sources or make song/artist selections. It would not. He thinks Lucid has removed this feature.

Has anyone else run into this?
It has never worked for me in the three weeks that I have had my Gravity.
 
It has never worked for me in the three weeks that I have had my Gravity.

I find this very odd. We've used Lucid Assistant voice commands (with varying levels of success) to select music in our Air for over four years.

Having to keypunch a song title into a screen is tedious in the best of circumstances and downright dangerous if you try to do it while driving. It boggles my mind that Lucid would have removed this feature in the Gravity . . . but that does appear to be the case.
 
The Lucid Assistant in our Gravity will no longer accept voice commands to switch music sources or to make song or artist selections as it used to. I brought this up to our mobile tech yesterday, and he said he had not seen Lucids do this for some time now.

He just sent me a video from another Gravity he was working on today, and he checked to see if its Lucid Assistant would switch music sources or make song/artist selections. It would not. He thinks Lucid has removed this feature.

Has anyone else run into this?
Mine refers to the car as “the client” and tells me to use the seat controls to turn heated seats on. Those controls don’t exist.
 
The Lucid Assistant in our Gravity will no longer accept voice commands to switch music sources or to make song or artist selections as it used to. I brought this up to our mobile tech yesterday, and he said he had not seen Lucids do this for some time now.

He just sent me a video from another Gravity he was working on today, and he checked to see if its Lucid Assistant would switch music sources or make song/artist selections. It would not. He thinks Lucid has removed this feature.

Has anyone else run into this?
I tried this once in early December shortly after delivery of our Gravity and it worked great. Then a couple days later I tried to show it to my wife and it didn’t work. Lucid Assistant would accurately show what I asked on the screen (so I knew it understood what I asked) but then do nothing with it. I have tried this again on various occasions since with no success. My experience with Lucid Assistant has been: Phone calls - works 95%, Navigation - works 60%, Anything else - works 10%

I know that Lucid originally used Amazon Alexa in early builds but eventually dumped it for their own AI driven assistant. My experience with Alexa in my home is that it works exponentially better than Lucid Assistant.
 
I know that Lucid originally used Amazon Alexa in early builds but eventually dumped it for their own AI driven assistant. My experience with Alexa in my home is that it works exponentially better than Lucid Assistant.
The sad thing is that it's not their own, it's SoundHound AI so either Lucid can't figure out how to develop it for Air & Gravity or if its an "out of box" solution then SoundHound it utter garbage and Lucid should ask for a refund on however much it spent on licensing it.

 
The sad thing is that it's not their own, it's SoundHound AI so either Lucid can't figure out how to develop it for Air & Gravity or if its an "out of box" solution then SoundHound it utter garbage and Lucid should ask for a refund on however much it spent on licensing it.

I can guarantee you they are not happy with the present solution.
 
Lucid Assistant would accurately show what I asked on the screen (so I knew it understood what I asked) but then do nothing with it.

When I ask Lucid Assistant to switch to Spotify or Tidal, it responds by saying that service is not supported. When I ask it to select a song or an artist, it does display the text of my request on the screen but then just goes dead. No response at all.

The longer I drive this car, the more I understand why Jason Fenske of "Engineering Explained" finally just ran out of patience and sort of blew his top in that infamous video recently. There comes a point where fighting with a car to get it to do things it is supposed to or even used to do just gets you to the point of perpetual exasperation.
 
Back
Top