Anybody else noticing that their car isn’t locking when walking away with the key fob? I think this has happened to me about 3 times now. Normally I notice right away and walk back or manually lock the car with the key fob, but today I walked away quickly without noticing.
Yes! Used to function reliably, but since the last update, it only works sporadically. I’m on a road trip right now, and on a couple of stops for food, as we were walking away from the car, I randomly turned around to look back at the car, and noticed the door handles hadn’t folded in. Tried locking with the key fob, but it didn’t work at that distance, so I opened the app and locked it from there.
It’s unsettling knowing there are very few key and entry/exit behaviors that are reliable. It shouldn’t be a small celebration every time the car unlocks upon approach, or locks as I walk away — it’s *supposed* to do those things reliably, 100% of the time, without me having to think about it. I do trust Lucid is working to fix these issues as quickly as they can, and really appreciate their open acknowledgment of these and other unresolved issues (whether in a tweet from Nick Twerk, or the recent letter from Interim CEO Winterhoff), so at least I know I’m not going crazy.
On the plus side, I can’t get over what a range and charging champion the Gravity is! On this road trip, despite various software issues, charging for me (EA and Tesla SC’s) has been rock solid and FAST!
Funny story… On this trip, I backed into a Supercharger stall next to a guy charging his Cadillac Lyriq (which was hogging two stalls at a pretty busy Supercharger location), and he asked me how I liked my Gravity. Naturally I told him I loved it. I plugged in and continued chatting with him. He said he considered buying a Gravity, but all the reviews slammed the car’s software so he and his wife went with the safer (and less expensive) choice and picked up a Lyriq. I acknowledged the issues, but told him Lucid were rapidly working to address them. He asked what I liked most about the car, and I said there were too many things to enumerate, but in this moment it would be native NACS, a charge port in the correct location (I glanced at his two-stall situation as I said that) and charging speed. He was super nice, so we kept chatting for another 15-20 minutes or so. He said he was gonna charge to ~75-80% and had arrived at 20% SoC. I told him we’d arrived at about the same. And right after I said that, as if on cue, my partner shouted out the passenger side window “…were already at 80%, let’s go!”
