At the SC, it’s only 20 min away.Was yours, or was it done at a Service Center?
At the SC, it’s only 20 min away.Was yours, or was it done at a Service Center?
At the SC, it’s only 20 min away.
As @hmp10 said, my issue has been having to switch posts/stations, not being totally unable to charge at SCs. I have a 700 mile road trip this weekend and will be able to report back on how Gravity behaves.I don't anticipate needing to use a Supercharger in the next week. Our newest Gravity is going to be trucked over from Miami to Naples, and it will sit in our garage until the PPF installer can take it in for a wrap. I will maybe try out another Supercharger in our area in the next few days just to see how the car behaves.
To be clear, though, I don't think anyone here has reported that they couldn't get a Supercharger to work at all. As with ours, it's been an issue of having to do multiple tries, sometimes including going to a different charge post.
But something has gone amiss, as every Supercharger use for us prior to the recent update was seamless, whether using Lucid's native plug-and-charge or going through the Tesla app when on the Tesla subscription plan for discounted fees.
The bigger issue is that Lucid apparently doesn't know how to fix software bugs in other features without screwing up a feature as critical as charging capability. Until they figure this out there will be an ongoing risk of this happening again, including possibly disabling charging altogether.
I, for one, am not going to download any further updates until I've watched this forum for a few days to see how others have fared with the update.
I did not receive the email, but have the issue off and on. Haven’t complained about it much, so maybe that’s why I didn’t get email. It does work, just takes a lot of presses to get there.I got the same email, but my steering wheel was already replaced a month ago. Maybe emails were sent in error, or maybe they updated steering wheel assembly recently and need to swap it again. I’m not in a rush as DD is working well right now.
I just had the same thing happen this morning, coincidentally while plugged in at a Lucid SC. I asked them to check whether there’s any real issue before they transport the car across the state back to me.Here’s an example of my L2 charging issue with 3.3.20. Car charges up to target - then stops and won’t “top off” and throws the “Vehicle Not Charging” error. Lights on charge port become red, etc. Unplugging and replugging works less than half the time. Happens on both home chargers (different brands and circuits) and at other L2 chargers. Anyone else have this?
I also just got this email, and my car is still sitting at the SC waiting for transport after having the wheel replaced two days ago. I sent a message about it to my service advisor and we’ll see what she says.I got the same email, but my steering wheel was already replaced a month ago. Maybe emails were sent in error, or maybe they updated steering wheel assembly recently and need to swap it again. I’m not in a rush as DD is working well right now.
Service advisor confirms the email is about the steering wheel and no further action is needed for my car.I also just got this email, and my car is still sitting at the SC waiting for transport after having the wheel replaced two days ago. I sent a message about it to my service advisor and we’ll see what she says.
My replacement part number was P21-DA00AP-05, one letter difference, I wonder what the variation means, we'll never knowFor reference the part number of my replacement wheel is P21-DA00AC-05.
Yeah probably, the description for mine is STEERING WHEEL HEATED, SYNTHETIC.My replacement part number was P21-DA00AP-05, one letter difference, I wonder what the variation means, we'll never know
Could just be a color code, mine is Ojai.
Just got the email too. My Dream Drive has been out a few months now and scheduled to go in on the 29th for that and other issues.
Yeah probably, the description for mine is STEERING WHEEL HEATED, SYNTHETIC.
I assume the synthetic refers to the fact that I have Yosemite purluxe rather than leather.
My pads and buttons all work. From what has been passed on from others here, it's that the sensor to detect your hands on the wheels has failed.Adaptive cruise control was working in our Gravity on the morning of December 14 after the 3.3.20 update the night before. I wasn't on a road where I could test the other DreamDrive features. On the 16th it was gone on our drive to Miami to pick up the new Gravity, and other DreamDrive features were not available even though we were on an interstate highway.
As I had read on this forum about problems with the left touchpad on the steering wheel, I testing the swipe function by using it to change widgets on the left of the glass cockpit, and the swipe function was working. I had also used the "X" button a couple of times since the update to do a soft reboot, and it was working. So is it just the button to activate DreamDrive that is failing and requiring a steering wheel replacement?
We are having the left pad replaced, but did not get the email about needing a steering wheel replacement. Yet.Adaptive cruise control was working in our Gravity on the morning of December 14 after the 3.3.20 update the night before. I wasn't on a road where I could test the other DreamDrive features. On the 16th it was gone on our drive to Miami to pick up the new Gravity, and other DreamDrive features were not available even though we were on an interstate highway.
As I had read on this forum about problems with the left touchpad on the steering wheel, I testing the swipe function by using it to change widgets on the left of the glass cockpit, and the swipe function was working. I had also used the "X" button a couple of times since the update to do a soft reboot, and it was working. So is it just the button to activate DreamDrive that is failing and requiring a steering wheel replacement?
Description on mine says STEERING WHEEL HEATED, LEATHEROne of our Gravties has the Tahoe leather interior, and the one had the Yosemite Purluxe interior. But the steering wheels on both appeared to be identical as near as I could tell: same gray/black color and material texture.
Thank you! Appreciate all the feedback and helpful information regularly being provided by the users of this forum.As @hmp10 said, my issue has been having to switch posts/stations, not being totally unable to charge at SCs. I have a 700 mile road trip this weekend and will be able to report back on how Gravity behaves.
We are having the left pad replaced, but did not get the email about needing a steering wheel replacement. Yet.
My pads and buttons all work. From what has been passed on from others here, it's that the sensor to detect your hands on the wheels has failed.
Is there any chance you changed the button setting (can’t remember the exact name) that controls whether it’s 1 press for ACC and 2 for DD, or 1 press directly to DD?Interesting. On the Air if even the tiny silver toggle switch fails the entire steering wheel has to be replaced. I guess they designed the Gravity wheel with replaceable components.
Hmm. Now I'm wondering whether the 3.3.20 update caused the DreamDrive failure or whether it was already gone and the update just revealed a component failure in the wheel that was already there, as we almost never use it except when testing it out.
But I still wonder by ACC was working the morning after the update but not two days later, as I don't think ACC needs to sense the presence of hands on the wheel.
Is there any chance you changed the button setting (can’t remember the exact name) that controls whether it’s 1 press for ACC and 2 for DD, or 1 press directly to DD?
If you have it set to the latter and DD is unavailable, ACC will not be accessible either.