Software 3.3.20 Update

I just tried a charge at our local WaWa supercharger. Used the Tesla app to initiate since we also have the Tesla membership. Flawless start of charging. I did precondition, battery at 48%, ramped to 170kw and settled in at 134kw. 16kwh in 7 minutes. Gravity is on 3.3.20.

This was the kind of experience we had been having at Superchargers. Maybe it's just a coincidence that our charging issues occurred after the update, but other posters have reported similar charging issues since the update. Since so many of these bugs are random from car to car, it's just hard to figure out.

A mobile tech is scheduled to come out today to do a factory reset to deal with my corrupted driver profile. But given that we now have DreamDrive, charging, and audio source issues since the 3.3.20 update, I don't want to risk a factory reset as I have no idea what systems we'll be able to get back and reprogram after the reset. I've texted him that it may be futile to come out, but I haven't yet heard back.

Yesterday when we were taking delivery of the new Gravity, the Delivery Manager got in our first Gravity and saw for himself some of the malfunctions. He called Lucid HQ to have them open a service ticket to check our car out more thoroughly. I also asked him and the service team about the issue with not being able to listen to music when any two of our three Lucids are on the road at the same time. They had never heard of that problem but said they also don't know of any customers who drive multiple Lucids at the same time. Someone suggested what people on the forum have suggested -- that the problem may be that they're all on the same account. I asked if the new Gravity could be put on a separate account and they said probably not, since all the cars were bought under that account.
 
Got the update this morning. Installed successfully on first try in ~45 minutes.

I had no significant issues prior to this update and was overall pretty happy with only minor glitches since 2 months of ownership starting on v3.3.9. Will update after the weekend where I'm taking first long road trip with the car.
 
This was the kind of experience we had been having at Superchargers. Maybe it's just a coincidence that our charging issues occurred after the update, but other posters have reported similar charging issues since the update. Since so many of these bugs are random from car to car, it's just hard to figure out.

A mobile tech is scheduled to come out today to do a factory reset to deal with my corrupted driver profile. But given that we now have DreamDrive, charging, and audio source issues since the 3.3.20 update, I don't want to risk a factory reset as I have no idea what systems we'll be able to get back and reprogram after the reset. I've texted him that it may be futile to come out, but I haven't yet heard back.

Yesterday when we were taking delivery of the new Gravity, the Delivery Manager got in our first Gravity and saw for himself some of the malfunctions. He called Lucid HQ to have them open a service ticket to check our car out more thoroughly. I also asked him and the service team about the issue with not being able to listen to music when any two of our three Lucids are on the road at the same time. They had never heard of that problem but said they also don't know of any customers who drive multiple Lucids at the same time. Someone suggested what people on the forum have suggested -- that the problem may be that they're all on the same account. I asked if the new Gravity could be put on a separate account and they said probably not, since all the cars were bought under that account.
Sorry yours acting up on the charging. I hadn't had any issues with Superchargers or Ionna on my 700 mile road trip since updating. Car continues to charge like a champ since day one. One of the reliably good experiences I have had with Gravity. Hopefully they get your issues addressed soon
 
I asked if the new Gravity could be put on a separate account and they said probably not, since all the cars were bought under that account.
Ok, I can see their point.
But what if you were to sell your Gravity, the new owner would have to be on another account, right?
So it doesn't make sense to my simple mind that it's not possible to put your new car in a separate account.
 
Update took about an hour today. Key fob didn’t need update and functioned much quicker. iPhone and SiriusXM started up really quickly. No issues noted during 15 minute drive. However, when I got home I decided to charge the car on my home Lucid charger (100 amp breaker). I plugged the cable in the car and the charger was flashing but the lights on the car stayed white. I was not able to remove the charging cable and the car screen said cable connected. I finally set a start time for charging on the car console and at that time it tried to charge but came up with an error on the console. I was able to remove the charging cable and when I reinserted it things went back to normal charging state and took off. I had never set a schedule up previously and was always able to just connect the charger and it would take off. Guess the default has changed. Sure don’t want to schedule charging every time I want to charge the car.
Mine also had issues starting charging. For me plugged in cable… got cable connected, no latch, removed and tried several more times… still no latch or charge start, set and unset charge schedule, rebooted car… no change, left car plugged in… left car plugged in overnight. In am, red lights so error detected, unplugged, plugged back in and everthing worked normally again. Charger is Tesla universal (with j plug adapter) which has been working fine with the car.
 
Post update issues:
1. Rear wheel steering error still popping up occasionally
2. Object too close sensor warning sound stayed on and wouldn’t turn off until the warning sound was triggered again.

I’ve been experiencing problem 1 consistently since I purchase the vehicle, but problem 2 just started since I updated to 3.3.20.
The warning sound stickiness is old… i get it occasionally. On mine i can turn it off with a audio on off button on lower screen parking screen.
 
I just placed a second new Energizer Cr 2450 Battery that measured 3.20 volts and all worked fine.

Key Fob now works fine! 3.20 volts today
My update seemed to enable key fob battery low warnings. I have a small red green meter that I keep in car for FOB crazyness, day after installing 3.20 I got a FOB batt low warning. Checked it with little button cell checker and it was still nearly maxxed out green, so i simply reset FOB and replaced battery. Next AM, FOB fails, measured it and now meter shows near yellow failure level. I replace battery and all is well for now. Fob is stored far from car overnight.
 
Been road tripping this weekend with 3.3.20 - no real issues. I rarely ever see the splash screen, but it’s snowy and icey, so I’ve been defrosting car before we get in and I think that turns screens on already.

Fob has been perfect so far (huge for me).

Of note - despite cold and wet snow and freezing temps (so far) no issues with doors, windows, etc. My trunk didn’t want to open - opened then closed quickly, but after I cleared snow from spoiler, etc, it was fine.

Preheating is key (I think). The frameless windows freak me out in cold weather - with our X too.

Anyway, loving 3.3.20.
Love the new splash screen… next if a line of boot statements could be echoed while booting so we know it isn’t frozen…
 
What's the splash screen?
When rebooted it is the lucid logo etc graphic. Called splash screen on other computers.
 
With all the Dream Editions sold out, how did you get to order your second DE?

The Gravity we took delivery on last night left the factory around December 11, having been factory gated (through final inspection) about a week and a half earlier.

Here is the numbering sequence of the Dreams we've received:

June 30: #067
September 29: #239
December 16: #427

This would suggest they're building about 60-65 Dreams per month alongside Grand Tourings instead of batching Dreams at the start of production.
 
Got the update this morning. Installed successfully on first try in ~45 minutes.

I had no significant issues prior to this update and was overall pretty happy with only minor glitches since 2 months of ownership starting on v3.3.9. Will update after the weekend where I'm taking first long road trip with the car.
Looks like we were on the same batch ! 3.3.20 installed this morning in around 45min. Haven’t driven it but splash screen was cool. Only 1 sanctuary video has populated so far. I will also report back on performance and alerts this weekend.
 
I am also having L2 charging issues that started only after the software install. On 2 of the last 3 nights, my car has had repeated instances of "Vehicle Not Charging" errors, asking me either to "Unplug and plug in again" or "Contact customer care." Sometimes these clear with an unplug/replug, sometimes they clear when I open/close the driver door (it seems to re-initiate the charging session) or when I've messed around with the app a little bit. On the first night, I came out to the error but a not fully charged vehicle.

These happen to have been 2 very cold nights (which made unplug/replug late at night after I'd put my nightie on pretty miserable) so I don't know if it's a cold thing or a software update thing or something else entirely.

This is on a Tesla wall connector that has never had a problem before with either my Tesla S or my Gravity. On the second night of issues, I plugged my Tesla in instead to see if it had any issues. It did not.

Has been reported to the software team. I haven't heard much back yet. But I'm a bit relieved to see I'm not the only one....
 
Confirmed they replaced the wheel due to an inop hands-on detector.
How long did that take? We are waiting for our service appointment until the beginning of January because they think we just need an upgraded pad. But I am not convinced they won't just replace the whole wheel.
 
I think I can conclude now that 3.3.20 hasn't done much for me.

I still have the same Sensors Blocked and Headlight Assist errors galore. I still have yellow alerts pop up on the dash pretty frequently - about 1-2 per drive on average (steering, collision detection, lane departure). My HVAC doesn't seem any different than before (still blows really loudly, still hard to make it stop). Front seat returning to position remains unreliable and fickle - sometimes it returns on brake application, sometimes on seat belt buckle, sometimes not at all. I got my second "nap mode" front seat laydown yesterday - first time it happened was prior to the latest update. Still some glitchiness on the right clearview cockpit with GPS and what things are shown to the left of that menu (music vs. turn by turn directions, tbt directions show up only sometimes and sometimes when not necessarily appropriate, such as when I have the map on, but not when I have music on, which is the opposite of what it should be)

New issues: Charging errors (may be unrelated but the timing lines up). I have gotten quite a few "Traffic Cleared" alerts, which I almost never got before, but they're coming at incorrect times (sitting at a red light, no cars have moved, there are still cars right in front of me).

Plus the total freezeout I mentioned earlier.

I do think the bootup is a little faster and I haven't had a black screen yet. Key fob performance does seem better (though it was worse at first, required a fob reset). Other than that, I don't think I have any notable improvements.

Still happy this is working out so great for some, but for me, most annoying issues are the same, one or two annoying issues maybe addressed, at least 2 new and potentially big problems, admittedly their frequency of occurrence remains a bit of a mystery.
 
Does anyone notice that the lights in the front around the dash are deactivated while the ones on the doors are on? I get that often, unless its some setting for 'not blinding' or interferring with HUD....
If they were on at night reflecting off the inside of windshield you would not like it.
 
How long did that take? We are waiting for our service appointment until the beginning of January because they think we just need an upgraded pad. But I am not convinced they won't just replace the whole wheel.
Also the pads do indeed light up at night… the buttons on the bottom all should be lit at night.
 
I think I can conclude now that 3.3.20 hasn't done much for me.

I still have the same Sensors Blocked and Headlight Assist errors galore. I still have yellow alerts pop up on the dash pretty frequently - about 1-2 per drive on average (steering, collision detection, lane departure). My HVAC doesn't seem any different than before (still blows really loudly, still hard to make it stop). Front seat returning to position remains unreliable and fickle - sometimes it returns on brake application, sometimes on seat belt buckle, sometimes not at all. I got my second "nap mode" front seat laydown yesterday - first time it happened was prior to the latest update. Still some glitchiness on the right clearview cockpit with GPS and what things are shown to the left of that menu (music vs. turn by turn directions, tbt directions show up only sometimes and sometimes when not necessarily appropriate, such as when I have the map on, but not when I have music on, which is the opposite of what it should be)

New issues: Charging errors (may be unrelated but the timing lines up). I have gotten quite a few "Traffic Cleared" alerts, which I almost never got before, but they're coming at incorrect times (sitting at a red light, no cars have moved, there are still cars right in front of me).

Plus the total freezeout I mentioned earlier.

I do think the bootup is a little faster and I haven't had a black screen yet. Key fob performance does seem better (though it was worse at first, required a fob reset). Other than that, I don't think I have any notable improvements.

Still happy this is working out so great for some, but for me, most annoying issues are the same, one or two annoying issues maybe addressed, at least 2 new and potentially big problems, admittedly their frequency of occurrence remains a bit of a mystery.
I wonder....based on your experiences and a couple of others, if the update just didn't take properly. Your cars are having the same errors they had before and even more than that. Most are seeing better results, me I'm like shocked at how well the car works now (and half scared it'll suddenly stop doing so). Maybe see if they can look into pushing the update again? Just a guess is all on my part bc the new software has been so good for some of us and a few like yours have a radically different experience. Maybe I'm dead wrong...
 
Back
Top