Software 3.3.20 Update

Nick are you able to confirm that the Sanctuary Videos will redownload after the update? A few posts about them missing after the update but then reappearing a few hours later...wondering of this is by design as mine are now missing (update completed an hour ago)?

Thanks
Give it 24 hours. They slowly start to populate hours after the update
 
Been road tripping this weekend with 3.3.20 - no real issues. I rarely ever see the splash screen, but it’s snowy and icey, so I’ve been defrosting car before we get in and I think that turns screens on already.

Fob has been perfect so far (huge for me).

Of note - despite cold and wet snow and freezing temps (so far) no issues with doors, windows, etc. My trunk didn’t want to open - opened then closed quickly, but after I cleared snow from spoiler, etc, it was fine.

Preheating is key (I think). The frameless windows freak me out in cold weather - with our X too.

Anyway, loving 3.3.20.
 
That is correct and we are working on this issue.
About a month ago, I canceled my Gravity order and forfeited my deposit. However, I am obviously still watching this forum, and seeing comments about 3.3.20 plus seeing the Lucid team actively monitoring this is extremely encouraging.
I just want Lucid to know that these efforts are not only helping existing customers, but also helping potential customers get comfortable moving forward with a Lucid purchase. Thank you, and I wish everyone the best.
 
About a month ago, I canceled my Gravity order and forfeited my deposit. However, I am obviously still watching this forum, and seeing comments about 3.3.20 plus seeing the Lucid team actively monitoring this is extremely encouraging.
I just want Lucid to know that these efforts are not only helping existing customers, but also helping potential customers get comfortable moving forward with a Lucid purchase. Thank you, and I wish everyone the best.
FYI, Even with the challenges, this is an amazing vehicle, fun to drive. My wife and I have no regrets. We are confident that the software will continually improve and while we wish it were perfect, its a joy on the road. This forum is very helpful for the end user (owners) as share our knowledge and that helps us all. Good Luck to you. I want to say, Try it you'll like it! It does take a little patience.
 
Installed 3.3.20 overnight last night and drove it for about 60 miles of city and highway driving running some errands. Some things I noticed:
1) When I put the Gravity in park to exit the vehicle, I still get an error that it cannot record videos for halo secure and to contact service. All the cameras work just fine, so I am assuming this is a software bug with the beta software.
2) When switching from wifi (at home) to cellular (anywhere else), my Gravity stays offline even after this update. Previously, I found that if you are on just cellular after leaving wifi, the vehicle will be online the next morning. I'll test that again today but I assume the same waiting overnight trick will work. Once it gets online via cellular, it has stayed online for me so long as I leave wifi turned off. I was hoping this was fixed with this 3.3.20 update, but I guess not.
3) I did still get a bug switching from the default screen to the seats in the pilot panel where the seat icon near the bottom showed it was on the seats UI, but the pilot panel didn't update. I went back to the default screen, waiting a second or two, and then hit the seat icon again and then it successfully switched.
4) I got zero erroneous warnings while driving.
5) DreamDrive worked as expected.

Overall, I am very pleased with this update. I think if the software had been at this state for the end of June deliveries and for the reviewers, the narrative around Lucid and the Gravity would have been quite different. We'll see how things are going over the next few weeks, but it feels like the Gravity has turned a corner. I'm now looking forward to feature updates (I'm looking at you CarPlay, PaaK, geofencing for auto lock/unlock, and hands free highway driving).
Yeah, they should have had this released before letting all the reviewers get their hands on one. Big mess they created for themselves!
 
Yeah, they should have had this released before letting all the reviewers get their hands on one. Big mess they created for themselves!
Man, do you ever have anything positive to say? Lucid is a train wreck! Lucid is ignoring software development! Lucid doesn’t care about its customers! Too little, too late!

Sometimes you just need to take a win.
 
Yeah, they should have had this released before letting all the reviewers get their hands on one. Big mess they created for themselves!
I've heard about business competitors masquerading on forums as owners/customers.

No way for us to know, but ... 😊
 
I assume it's still too early to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on this release?

though anecdotally things sound like they are going in the right direction.
 
I assume it's still too early to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on this release?

though anecdotally things sound like they are going in the right direction.
THe elephant in the room for me is that Naples, FL owner and how the update is working with his second Gravity.

@hmp10 you got any words for us about 3.3.20? If you don't want to jinx yourself, just blink. 😉
 
I assume it's still too early to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on this release?

though anecdotally things sound like they are going in the right direction.
I'm planning to install tomorrow.
In case it fails, I want to make sure whatever team is needed to push it again, is working.
 
Installed 3.3.20 today. Flawless install. I have a service request in for my console. Our phones charge no issue but it does not recognize the key cards. The cards do unlock the doors though. Tech has ordered a new tray. The good news is that by unlocking the doors with the key card the car will now go into drive without the tray recognizing the card.
BTW, someone up thread mentioned their key card working, hopefully they understand if the tray was not working before it still is not working. Just a software workaround. But a clever one!
 
Do you notice a lot of battery drain when you leave WiFi enabled?
No. In fact, as a former Tesla guy (2019 Model X P100D, and 2022 Model X Plaid), I have been extremely impressed by the Gravity’s ability to hold a charge. It’s been rock solid. Virtually no phantom drain. Both of my Teslas were horrible in that regard. I’d routinely park at the airport, for example, and upon my return after a few days it wouldn’t be uncommon for me to have lost ~5% in that period — even worse if I left Sentry Mode active.
 
That could be the rear drive unit…I would try a few other stations before jumping to the worst conclusion.
Yep — that’s one of the symptoms that precipitated my RDU ultimately being tagged for replacement. They replaced it in Sept and the new one has, to date, been flawless.
 
Yep — that’s one of the symptoms that precipitated my RDU ultimately being tagged for replacement. They replaced it in Sept and the new one has, to date, been flawless.
That was the State of Charge problem too with their first 70 MPH test.
 
THe elephant in the room for me is that Naples, FL owner and how the update is working with his second Gravity.

@hmp10 you got any words for us about 3.3.20? If you don't want to jinx yourself, just blink.

Our second Gravity was totaled in a wreck two weeks ago. We have a third Dream Edition on order that should arrive within the next week.

However, I downloaded 3.3.20 on our first Gravity last evening. I drove it twice this morning, and everything seemed fine. While parking the car at a restaurant tonight, though, it began sounding a bell warning that I have never heard before. Nothing was showing on the screens to indicate what the problem might be. I figured I'd just park the car and let it reset while we were at dinner. The bell alarm was still sounding as we walked away.

When we came back to the car about an hour and a half later, the warning was back on (if it ever cut off). So I had to do a reboot before we got underway. That finally killed the warning.

Also, the Homelink geofencing that we lost some time ago (but still have on our Air) was not restored by this update, nor was the corruption in my driver profile (which I didn't really expect).

In short, it was like most Lucid software updates: a contribution to overall progress, but slowed by a step or two backward in the mix.
 
seems like driver profiles went haywire after this update, maybe it existed before this update and I just never noticed.

I noticed my seat was not at its normal position, went into seat menu, there's no RESTORE button, which I assume because it thinks it's already at my recall position. then I push once on the side button to move seat forward, it decided to move the seat all the way forward, till I hit button to move it back. Then hitting back button once, move the seat all the way back, there's no stopping it till it goes all the way back or all the way forward. this is just pushing seat position button once. there's never a RESTORE button appearing, but a SAVE button is available. so I save, and it seems fine.

finally got an appointment with service center for Jan 8th. already got a laundry list for them.

-iThinkEV-
 
Our second Gravity was totaled in a wreck two weeks ago. We have a third Dream Edition on order that should arrive within the next week.

However, I downloaded 3.3.20 on our first Gravity last evening. I drove it twice this morning, and everything seemed fine. While parking the car at a restaurant tonight, though, it began sounding a bell warning that I have never heard before. Nothing was showing on the screens to indicate what the problem might be. I figured I'd just park the car and let it reset while we were at dinner. The bell alarm was still sounding as we walked away.

When we came back to the car about an hour and a half later, the warning was back on (if it ever cut off). So I had to do a reboot before we got underway. That finally killed the warning.

Also, the Homelink geofencing that we lost some time ago (but still have on our Air) was not restored by this update, nor was the corruption in my driver profile (which I didn't really expect).

In short, it was like most Lucid software updates: a contribution to overall progress, but slowed by a step or two backward in the mix.
@hmp10 . I have missed your reporting of the 2nd Gravity being totaled. Sorry to hear. I'm curious. With all the Dream Editions sold out, how did you get to order your second DE? Did they still have some in inventory? Do they have reserved drive trains to build you another one with the same DE serial?

-iThinkEV-
 
My car had a dead screens incident tonight for the first time since the update. I got out of the car, locked it and walked away. Unlocked it with the fob and got back in. I got the splash screen and everything booted up again. So the black screens haven’t completely gone away but most of the issues I’ve had in the past seem to be gone now.
 
Back
Top