My lease car is developing small tears on the outside driver seat bolster. Recommendations for (preferably mobile) repair?
Really? I would think it’s more in line with under-bumper scrapes as wear and tear, and would be charged on lease return.It’s a warranty item they’ll come do it
I’d you don’t get it fixed sure but those seats are known for it and lucid will warranty itReally? I would think it’s more in line with under-bumper scrapes as wear and tear, and would be charged on lease return.
Covered under warranty and the mobile tech can do the replacement, but it'll happen again.My lease car is developing small tears on the outside driver seat bolster. Recommendations for (preferably mobile) repair?
That’s really too bad. I developed tears in the first year. When they started recovering it, they discovered a mechanical flaw in the seat hardware so they replaced the entire seat. The service advisor said he thought the material had been improved, but I wonder if that is true - I doubt it.Also, other forum comments suggest that the replacement material is of no better quality than the original, so there's no reason to believe that tears in the new material (And post-warranty TEARS!) won't eventually happen.
Yeah, as I just mentioned in the other thread going on this, I’ve had two seat tears over the last year in my 2025. The first one was on the lower leg bolster. The second more recent one was in the center, middle to upper back portion. In both instances, they replaced the material, but not the entire seat. I do think it’s a manufacturing defect with the material itself especially due to that second tear in the back.That’s really too bad. I developed tears in the first year. When they started recovering it, they discovered a mechanical flaw in the seat hardware so they replaced the entire seat. The service advisor said he thought the material had been improved, but I wonder if that is true - I doubt it.