So, you know how the rear doors have that sharp point?

Canyonero!

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid, Rivian, Genesis GV
Was shutting the rear door and it didn't quite clear my leg.

No blood drawn, fortunately!

2023-07-28 20.11.07.jpg

Yep ... people are gashing their legs on the R1T Gear Tunnel doors as well. Lesson learned I suppose, but not sure how you'd teach a kid to be cautious with that. Luckily I don't have to deal with them!

Exact same thing happened to my leg -- lost a nice pair of dress slacks and got a two-inch bleedy gash through the slacks, pant liner, and boxers! Now, I don't rush.

After reading about this, I went out to the garage to try it out. I had too many things in the garage, so I couldn’t open the door all the way, but noticed the sharp edge. Luckily, I have PPF full wrap and the edge is not as sharp.

My wife has scratched herself several times, but no blood yet. Love the look of the car, but that detail might have needed some additional thought.

Was shutting the rear door and it didn't quite clear my leg.

No blood drawn, fortunately!

View attachment 13797
Guess I'm lucky that I only viewed that edge as an impact magnet, as El-WifeO has already chipped that door edge against the side of our house when opening the door without caution. I didn't realize the Ginsu 2000 slicing properties of the door edge!

Having had a BMW with soft close doors for many years, I have gotten in the habit of closing doors slowly. No issues for me, but I can see the need for warning others.

My wife will not drive the car so her interaction is limited anyway.

I have had a few painful moments with this rear door edge on Air.. It hurts... It can also be a lethal door dinger if you have other cars nearby and do not take care when opening rear doors.

I have had a few painful moments with this rear door edge on Air.. It hurts... It can also be a lethal door dinger if you have other cars nearby and do not take care when opening rear doors.
Yup, I got my first dimple on my i4 when I opened the Lucid’s rear door into the i4’s rear door in the garage. Fortunately it’s hard to see, but I learned my lesson…the hard way. :(

Yeah, I just drew blood for the second time last night in less than 3 months ownership. It's more of a problem in a tight garage. My adult son who usually sits back there at least once a week complains about it almost every time. Says he won't wear shorts in my car.

Can someone take a picture of where this is? I've never run into it (no pun intended) and would prefer to avoid doing so lol

Lucid gonna cut a fool. Not allowed to ride in the back seat without a background check and no felonies.

Back