SiriusXM radio ID already assigned

jbawden

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Pure RWD
Here is an odd one...we called SXM about our subscription and after numerous transfers and call backs, we were told our radio ID is already assigned to another Air. I searched around and haven't heard of this, but thought I would check the brain trust as a next step.

Here is an odd one...we called SXM about our subscription and after numerous transfers and call backs, we were told our radio ID is already assigned to another Air. I searched around and haven't heard of this, but thought I would check the brain trust as a next step.
Wild haha. I wonder who has your Sirius!

Let us know; never heard of this haha

Turns out it multiple cars (maybe up to 5) having the same ID. Called Lucid CS, so will advise on the outcome.

Yes! The same thing is happening to me. XM said that multiple cars have the same radio ID. I don't think this is a Lucid issue. Maybe an XM issue. Anyway, it's been a week and still not resolved. Funny thing is - the XM was working when the car was delivered - under the 3 month trial period. Then when I tried to set up my subscription with XM, it stopped working.

I bought my second Lucid in May and almost immediately I had an issue with Sirius. I did not experience these issues with my other 2024 Lucid. I activated my radio only to have it disconnected the next day and this happened over and over. Sirius said multiple vehicles were using my radio ID. After 15 activation/deactivations Sirius finally contacted Lucid directly to try and work it out. I am hopeful they will resolve this as it is most frustrating. it has been about a week and so far no activation. In the meantime i am streaming via CarPlay on another Sirius account I have but I’d prefer to use the native system in the car.

I think Lucid was the first to have SiriusXM in car using solely an internet connection vs the traditional antennas everyone else is using. Not surprised there's some kinks to resolve.

Back