Signs of service motion improving? (My recent case actually not a head scratcher!)

DreamTour

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
355
Reaction score
375
Location
Bay Area, CA
Cars
Air Touring (Dream Rims)
Referral Code
SU5XF4DI
Want to share my recent service encounters with Lucid: Signs of logical processes exist!

Background: I had a first run build, December 2022 Touring. Lots of service visits to fix early teething problems, most in the first year. Including:

1.) Panel alignment / trunk
2.) AC compressor failure (never worked)
3.) High voltage contactor
4.) Many interior trim panel quality / replacements
5.) Misaligned bow-tie
6.) Driver monitoring camera not working

Each of those early visits had the long sitting in the shop time, me running around in a loaner for long periods of time for seemingly small issues. In the early days wait time wasn't a big deal, just time in service. Later on wait times became a problem too.

Fast forward to this recent encounter series: Instead if going straight to the shop and sitting around waiting: Mobile came by to fix another trim quality issue and diagnose a drive system warning that's been going on and off.

The second time they came by, they were able to diagnose the drive system warning to be a module imbalance out of spec. 15% imbalance. HV Battery replacement is the remedy.

But instead of needing to go to the shop and get a loaner and wait a long time they are actually ordering the parts first and scheduling it in. (Car is drivable in the meantime, the diagnostics cause the degradation early enough it's not a critical failure yet).

Supposedly the HV Battery replacement can be done in <1 hour. 30 minutes for techs that are fast. That said apparently their process isn't quite there for a sit and wait for it: There's still the check in queue and how they manage the 100 or so cars in the shop at SJ Service, which need check in, diagnostics, confirmation from owner, order parts, wait, queue for actual repair work etc.

So the process / triage seems like it's getting some sense to it, but my observation is because the parts network isn't developed as well as older OEMS, wait times and cars sitting around is going to be a problem for a while, since you can't get parts the next day and move the car out. The many cars in the shop I think are a consequence of the queues backing up on each other due to the parts / supply chain being a weak link.

Maybe hiring a supply chain elevator guy does make sense...
 
As an owner since early 2023, i can say that service in the early days was great! Only in the last year or two has it been difficult to get appointments and reasonable times. I will say that i have always been offered a loaner for the duration of the service visit so it makes it less painful.

Supply chain may be part if the issue, but even routine maintenence or even CCCV2 replacement, after confirming parts received, still seemed to have a queue. You can tell by the number of labor hours charged and the days they had the car... Mobile service is definitely the way to go if your problem can be resolved that way. And in many areas that were overloaded, new service centers are being opened as well as more service technicians being hired. Unfortunately, this is not a quick process... but things are getting better.
 
It sounds like the number of service centers and the turn around times were better when there weren't many vehicles sold. As sales of Air increased and a flawed rollout of Gravity quality began, the service centers became overwhelmed; and it is being felt by Air owners. I am starting to believe that an annual check up for a perfectly working Air taking 3 months of wait time is a function of so many Gravity ahead of them in line. As Gravity quality is improved, so will the service experience for Air drivers.

On behalf of other Gravity owners, I apologize for us causing your early positive service experiences to go down from where they used to be. I am confident Lucid is working hard to eliminate the problems that put Gravity in service bays and are trying hard to get the annual checkup billings back as a revenue item.

Dream Ahead!
 
The second time they came by, they were able to diagnose the drive system warning to be a module imbalance out of spec. 15% imbalance. HV Battery replacement is the remedy.

I have the same issue right now with the Drive System Warning, still drivable but range is reduced significantly and even went from 200 to 70 miles in 2 weeks sitting in my garage. I called Lucid since August 4 times and no one has called me back yet to even make an appt for service.
 
I have the same issue right now with the Drive System Warning, still drivable but range is reduced significantly and even went from 200 to 70 miles in 2 weeks sitting in my garage. I called Lucid since August 4 times and no one has called me back yet to even make an appt for service.
are you calling the customer service line or a service center? I've personally always had luck with both calling me back if I call first think in the AM and leave a message. If I call late in the day I've had less success with a call back.

@marqie Perhaps you can assist ?
 
I have the same issue right now with the Drive System Warning, still drivable but range is reduced significantly and even went from 200 to 70 miles in 2 weeks sitting in my garage. I called Lucid since August 4 times and no one has called me back yet to even make an appt for service.
Not an excuse NOT to get a call back. But I would make a service appointment through the app for the issue and that will force them to call you (because they need to confirm the appointment). That's how I get through for non-urgent issues.
 
are you calling the customer service line or a service center? I've personally always had luck with both calling me back if I call first think in the AM and leave a message. If I call late in the day I've had less success with a call back.

@marqie Perhaps you can assist ?
I called the Lucid number 888-995-8243 and when I called the service center directly, their automated system redirects me to the Lucid number.
are you calling the customer service line or a service center? I've personally always had luck with both calling me back if I call first think in the AM and leave a message. If I call late in the day I've had less success with a call back.

@marqie Perhaps you can assist ?
Both.
 
Not an excuse NOT to get a call back. But I would make a service appointment through the app for the issue and that will force them to call you (because they need to confirm the appointment). That's how I get through for non-urgent issues.
My Lucid app doesn't allow me to schedule appts for some reason at both service centers closest to me (Beverly Hills and Torrance). Same happens for a friend who owns a Lucid.
 
I just had a service appointment that went decently, though it took me being on top of things, pushing to stay on schedule, noticing errors on the billing, etc. But I'm grading on a curve as they did get me my car that after 9 long months, I finally have no error on my screens. So I'll grade on a curve. lol But I just received a survey and thought I'd share how I think they can improve...all easier said than done, but still I hope:
---
Service needs an entire overhaul, imo:
-Don't tell customers to drop off car if it's going to sit for 1, 2 or 3 weeks before repairs commence
-Pre-order obvious parts to eliminate wasted time to ship (I know not always feasible without disagnosis, but I had a couple obvious parts that weren't shipped until I brought my car in)
-Train your local techs better or have better real-time access with engineering. Heard from several SCs that they would try a fix and then have to "wait 24 hours for engineering to get back."
-Corporate needs to have a "Service Customer Service Specialist"--It's not hard to have someone get pinged in special cases where they should intervene and/or show additional "care" from someone other than the techs/locals. I had experiences at 4 different SC's over this summer on a trip and NOBODY reached out from corporate.
-Learn how to apologize. It's not admitting fault, it's showing you care/sympathize. I literally had someone at SC tell me "they don't like us to apologize." Come on, basic customer service: apologize and try to make good.

Everyone on the ground I dealt with was mostly great. Corporate has been terrible/invisible to me, when given my situation, I should have received calls.
 
My Lucid app doesn't allow me to schedule appts for some reason at both service centers closest to me (Beverly Hills and Torrance). Same happens for a friend who owns a Lucid.
That’s likely due to a lack of appointments within the app service window. I ran into the same issue with the Scottsdale SC last week. I had to call and was told they are booked until the 2nd week of December.
 
That’s likely due to a lack of appointments within the app service window. I ran into the same issue with the Scottsdale SC last week. I had to call and was told they are booked until the 2nd week of December.
I was able to get a call back from the SC and their next available appt is in December and the month of December does show in the Lucid appt but can't click on any days. Either way, it's far but at least I finally have an appt after waiting almost 2 months. Thanks.
 
This 1000%
I suspect that loaners (or rentals) are being provided in most instances. But that’s even more perplexing given the expense they’re incurring. For a company prioritizing cost and cash preservation it makes zero sense.
 
I suspect that loaners (or rentals) are being provided in most instances. But that’s even more perplexing given the expense they’re incurring. For a company prioritizing cost and cash preservation it makes zero sense.
Esp when they don't have a loaner. They were paying somewhere in the realm of $1000/week for me to rent a car from Enterprise for 43 days...
 
Back
Top