Should I stay with 2.10 and my cccv1 or nice to upgrade and get the 2.11?

You keep making non-sensical complaints, why would Lucid know exactly which chargers are working or what payment mode they would take? It’s up to you to do research before going there.

Hopefully in a decade when EVs become more prevalent, these things will sort themselves out.
It is super easy for them to know that based on the results of the charging session and analyzing the data. This it touted to be a luxury brand, with luxurious features, correct?
 
Absolutely, the software release notes should have mentioned that offline maps will need to be re-downloaded.
I think at least one other person has mentioned this, but (for me at least) there is a problem with downloaded maps. I had one downloaded before the update (California or West Coast - don't remember exactly). But when going to the downloaded maps screen, there is nothing now. More importantly, I can seem to download anything. There is a blank list of downloaded maps, and an "edit" button, which does not seem to do anything (likely become there are no downloaded maps). Does not seem any way to download a map, unless I'm missing something.
 
I think at least one other person has mentioned this, but (for me at least) there is a problem with downloaded maps. I had one downloaded before the update (California or West Coast - don't remember exactly). But when going to the downloaded maps screen, there is nothing now. More importantly, I can seem to download anything. There is a blank list of downloaded maps, and an "edit" button, which does not seem to do anything (likely become there are no downloaded maps). Does not seem any way to download a map, unless I'm missing something.
That sounds like a bug, or at least an unclear UX.
FWIW I also had to re-download maps to our Volvo EV when it received a similarly sweeping UX revision. And the release notes didn't mention that I would have to. Must be something in the air.
 
It is super easy for them to know that based on the results of the charging session and analyzing the data. This it touted to be a luxury brand, with luxurious features, correct?
I think Rivian does this, or it could be some other automaker I read about.
Lucid is selling luxury vehicles against established automakers (and Rivian) who have software engineering budgets 3x-20X larger. Life's not easy as a startup.
 
That sounds like a bug, or at least an unclear UX.
FWIW I also had to re-download maps to our Volvo EV when it received a similarly sweeping UX revision. And the release notes didn't mention that I would have to. Must be something in the air.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards bug. I just did a quick Google search and I'm not the only one. Some mentioned different profile or a factory reset helped. I'm not inclined to do either (yet) as this is not all that critical to me, and hopefully an update fixes it.

All in all pretty happy with the update, especially multi-tasking. Only thing that bothers me a little is screen contrast when glancing at numbers like trip efficiency, they seem a bit harder to read. Being able to set a darker background color would likely help.
 
I think at least one other person has mentioned this, but (for me at least) there is a problem with downloaded maps. I had one downloaded before the update (California or West Coast - don't remember exactly). But when going to the downloaded maps screen, there is nothing now. More importantly, I can seem to download anything. There is a blank list of downloaded maps, and an "edit" button, which does not seem to do anything (likely become there are no downloaded maps). Does not seem any way to download a map, unless I'm missing something.
Mine hasn't been able to download new maps for awhile now
 
I think at least one other person has mentioned this, but (for me at least) there is a problem with downloaded maps. I had one downloaded before the update (California or West Coast - don't remember exactly). But when going to the downloaded maps screen, there is nothing now. More importantly, I can seem to download anything. There is a blank list of downloaded maps, and an "edit" button, which does not seem to do anything (likely become there are no downloaded maps). Does not seem any way to download a map, unless I'm missing something.
Yup. Can’t download.
 
Makes me wonder if I'm having issue downloading maps, how's it going to download 2.11 when I upgrade to the CCCv2?
 
No, all your current profiles should maintain their existing connections and settings. You may have to reset your Carplay or Android Auto connections, but AFAIK that should be it.
We elected to start from scratch to avoid any retained glitches or unresolved conflicts
 
I was in white mountains yesterday with no cell service and could not use navigation there. It kept asking me to download offline maps. I have never seen that before the update. Lucid - 1 step forward, 1 light year behnid.
What? I’ve been using offline maps for some time, and yes I did have to reDL the maps
 
So you
It is super easy for them to know that based on the results of the charging session and analyzing the data. This it touted to be a luxury brand, with luxurious features, correct?
Wait? You expect Lucid to tell you what chargers are working and their costs?
Can a Bugatti Veron tell you what gas stations are working and what they cost? Now you’re just being silly. The charger companies themselves can’t tell you ahead of time what’s going on with every specific charger in their network but Lucid can?
 
If you'd read your owners' manual, you would have known about downloading offline maps before a road trip.
No need to blame Lucid. This forum tends to encourage that practice. Everything is Lucid's fault.
The problem is you can't download offline maps at all anymore. The function is entirely broken on 2.11.0.
 
The problem is you can't download offline maps at all anymore. The function is entirely broken on 2.11.0.
Oh really? Splain this then
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9592.webp
    IMG_9592.webp
    760.7 KB · Views: 32
Oh really? Splain this then
Many can't. My "Add Map" button is grey (and unresponsive) where yours is white in your pic. You indicated "elected to start from scratch to avoid any retained glitches or unresolved conflicts", which I assume means a reset or new profile? From what I've read, that has worked for some. In any case, it's currently broken for some of us.
 
We
Many can't. My "Add Map" button is grey (and unresponsive) where yours is white in your pic. You indicated "elected to start from scratch to avoid any retained glitches or unresolved conflicts", which I assume means a reset or new profile? From what I've read, that has worked for some. In any case, it's currently broken for some of us.
did a full reset of everything
I mean everything
So new profile, new home link, new phone connection (removed all traces from phone, no saved anything), scratch.
As I mentioned in another thread cccv2 + 2.11 = a large change so it makes sense to start over. Or complain about it if something goes weird. You do you but so far I’ve not experienced any of the issues others have mentioned. How many tried a start from scratch update?
 
Back
Top