Should I stay with 2.10 and my cccv1 or nice to upgrade and get the 2.11?

Multitasking isn’t a feature? One that should’ve been there from the start sure, but denying it’s a feature is incorrect.
I'll have to agree with you. Question I go back and forth, is it worth the cost since I need to update to CCCv2?
 
No, all your current profiles should maintain their existing connections and settings. You may have to reset your Carplay or Android Auto connections, but AFAIK that should be it.
I have to move to CCCv2 as well though
 
It also removed offline map downloads apparently. It doesn’t work. That could be an issue for some people.
I was in white mountains yesterday with no cell service and could not use navigation there. It kept asking me to download offline maps. I have never seen that before the update. Lucid - 1 step forward, 1 light year behnid.
 
I was in white mountains yesterday with no cell service and could not use navigation there. It kept asking me to download offline maps. I have never seen that before the update. Lucid - 1 step forward, 1 light year behnid.
If you'd read your owners' manual, you would have known about downloading offline maps before a road trip.
No need to blame Lucid. This forum tends to encourage that practice. Everything is Lucid's fault.
 
If you'd read your owners' manual, you would have known about downloading offline maps before a road trip.
No need to blame Lucid. This forum tends to encourage that practice. Everything is Lucid's fault.
I had traveled there two weeks ago and the maps were already downloaded. I had no idea that it will vanish after the update. Should't there be a warining. When was the last time you had to download a map for a car? It is 2026?
 
If you'd read your owners' manual, you would have known about downloading offline maps before a road trip.
No need to blame Lucid. This forum tends to encourage that practice. Everything is Lucid's fault.
Current GM employee, I love Lucid
 
The very concept of "offline maps" that you need to explicitly turn on&off is a broken concept (an ex-co-worker would call it an example of BAD: Broken As Designed). Read through caches that auto-populate & auto-update are not new or difficult concepts... and organizing it "by state" is strange compared to (for instance) Google Map's approach of pre-populating and auto-updating an arbitrary rectangular area of map cache.
 
The very concept of "offline maps" that you need to explicitly turn on&off is a broken concept (an ex-co-worker would call it an example of BAD: Broken As Designed). Read through caches that auto-populate & auto-update are not new or difficult concepts... and organizing it "by state" is strange compared to (for instance) Google Map's approach of pre-populating and auto-updating an arbitrary rectangular area of map cache.
On long road trips through areas of no cell reception, you still need to pre-download offline maps with Google, whether it's in a car with native Google maps, or your cell phone.

I do agree that HERE maps' inability to seamlessly transition to use those offline maps is a major design flaw, and it irks me too.
 
Alternately (as an example), the maps system could be auto-downloading to populate(&update) the cache such that a 500 mile (or a user defined value) radius from the current location is always available... that would be more than enough to cover the entire US with zero driver input... as a (rocket scientist) friend of mine used to say: it's not rocket science.
 
...When was the last time you had to download a map for a car? It is 2026?
Actually, I do it all the time for road trips away from the city in either of our cars. Same as I do on my phone, to be able to use Google maps in areas without cell service. I do the same with trail maps. It's just standard trip prep for us.

Map databases are so large now, the days of preloading the whole country into the car or phone are over.
 
Last edited:
On long road trips through areas of no cell reception, you still need to pre-download offline maps with Google, whether it's in a car with native Google maps, or your cell phone.

I do agree that HERE maps' inability to seamlessly transition to use those offline maps is a major design flaw, and it irks me too.
Just think about it, on my way to the trailhead, I used Lucid's navigation so it must it must have downloaded the maps. However, on the way back, it could not show any direction. Even though it was showing the road I was on. When you use google maps or any other navigation software to navigate, it pre-downloads a radius and keep it for some time.
We all want to love this car, but at some point we have to accept that Lucid does not have what it takes. Many of us are living with sunk cost fallacy and just ignoring things which are standard in even a much lower cost car. Maybe they fired the guy who was responsibe to make the code for saving the maps.

Yesterday on the way back, the car navigated me to two fast chargers. One of them was a chargepoint charger which did not accept any cards except apparently a chargepoint rfid card. Many people have put it in their reviews. Second was an electrify America, which will not charge more than 4 miles a minutes. I ended up going to a third MB charger. Those are not Lucid's faults, but a good experience will mean that Lucid already know about the problem chargers and takes people to the one which actually work and not waste their time. Tesla's apps can generate codes for bathroom doors at their supercharger stops and lucid's still keep on asking me to connect my lucid ID to the profile after doing it 50 time.
 
Thanks for the review, very good. I'm debating about the upgrade. Like someone said, if it's not broken, don't fix it. But, I get frustrated with the lag and seemingly random bugs. I'm thinking that Lucid will put way more effort into upgrading and debugging 2.11 than the previous versions. What will happen to those who don't upgrade? Will they continue to release new versions of 2.10.x?

I'm very disappointed in the lack of dashcam/sentry. With the number of cameras and sophisticated hardware, seems to me it shouldn't be that hard. I imagine (pure speculation) that it is a battery issue.
 
Last edited:
Just wait. Give them a year to make it more robust. There are no real feature upgrades. It is just cosmetic.
Wrong…..updates are not just cosmetic. I can have Apple car play on small screen and lucid navigation on the pilot panel. Absolutely fantastic! Don’t listen to watermelon.
 
I'm very leary on doing this. I have really no complaints with how things are in my 2024 air touring. Zero issues. Sure there's a slight lag at times, but worth 950$? I have zero issues with the software, and from multiple posts, 2.11 had some bugs. What's not broke, why fix. Not the same theory to consider, but...
I do love technology upgrades, but I'm starting to feel, regards the rush, and wait until 2.12 etc
I have a 2022 AGT. I was hesitant in getting the CCV2 upgrade when it was first announced because Lucid's promises are often not met or the schedule pushed out by many months. Now that 2.11/UX3 is released and generally to good reviews, I booked an appointment to do my 4-year maintenance and the CCV2 upgrade. While I think the $950 price is on the high side, I plan to keep my AGT for a few more years.

In my case, I booked the appointment 2 weeks ago at the Scottsdale SC. But they won't get to it till Dec 1st. I can still change my mind. ;)
 
I'm very leary on doing this. I have really no complaints with how things are in my 2024 air touring. Zero issues. Sure there's a slight lag at times, but worth 950$? I have zero issues with the software, and from multiple posts, 2.11 had some bugs. What's not broke, why fix. Not the same theory to consider, but...
I do love technology upgrades, but I'm starting to feel, regards the rush, and wait until 2.12 etc
If you are going to keep the car a few more years, worth the upgrade. It’s simple as that.
 
I have a 2022 AGT. I was hesitant in getting the CCV2 upgrade when it was first announced because Lucid's promises are often not met or the schedule pushed out by many months. Now that 2.11/UX3 is released and generally to good reviews, I booked an appointment to do my 4-year maintenance and the CCV2 upgrade. While I think the $950 price is on the high side, I plan to keep my AGT for a few more years.

In my case, I booked the appointment 2 weeks ago at the Scottsdale SC. But they won't get to it till Dec 1st. I can still change my mind. ;)
You think $950 is a lot the ask for that? Really? It’s peanuts……
 
I had traveled there two weeks ago and the maps were already downloaded. I had no idea that it will vanish after the update. Should't there be a warining. When was the last time you had to download a map for a car? It is 2026?
Not surprised, you updated the whole software. Some people lost profiles or had to reconnect phone. It’s common sense.this might happen. Saying it’s 2026 so any major software overhaul should keep all settings as it is does not make any sense.

But agree, they should have informed.
 
Not surprised, you updated the whole software. Some people lost profiles or had to reconnect phone. It’s common sense.this might happen. Saying it’s 2026 so any major software overhaul should keep all settings as it is does not make any sense.

But agree, they should have informed.
Absolutely, the software release notes should have mentioned that offline maps will need to be re-downloaded.
 
Just think about it, on my way to the trailhead, I used Lucid's navigation so it must it must have downloaded the maps. However, on the way back, it could not show any direction. Even though it was showing the road I was on. When you use google maps or any other navigation software to navigate, it pre-downloads a radius and keep it for some time.
We all want to love this car, but at some point we have to accept that Lucid does not have what it takes. Many of us are living with sunk cost fallacy and just ignoring things which are standard in even a much lower cost car. Maybe they fired the guy who was responsibe to make the code for saving the maps.

Yesterday on the way back, the car navigated me to two fast chargers. One of them was a chargepoint charger which did not accept any cards except apparently a chargepoint rfid card. Many people have put it in their reviews. Second was an electrify America, which will not charge more than 4 miles a minutes. I ended up going to a third MB charger. Those are not Lucid's faults, but a good experience will mean that Lucid already know about the problem chargers and takes people to the one which actually work and not waste their time. Tesla's apps can generate codes for bathroom doors at their supercharger stops and lucid's still keep on asking me to connect my lucid ID to the profile after doing it 50 time.
You keep making non-sensical complaints, why would Lucid know exactly which chargers are working or what payment mode they would take? It’s up to you to do research before going there.

Hopefully in a decade when EVs become more prevalent, these things will sort themselves out.
 
Back
Top