Should I buy a GT

Mr Echo

New Member

Joined
Aug 14, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Cars
lucid touring
Hi All
This is My 1st post on this site, I had one of the 1st Touring In Az in 2022, loved the car
But traded it in for an EQS580 18 months
Later because of fear the company would go under along with the Audio system In my opinion was not as advertised, the car would always Take forever to open when approached, the glass roof was smoking hot in the summer time I still don’t know why in a car that cost that much they don’t have a roof shade like Mercedes and Cadillac.
However I loved the way the car drove and
The speed was incredible. I do miss it and the attention I got from it and now thinking about leasing a GT
Any thoughts from GT owners out there
Any suggestions or regrets
 
There have been improvements to the audio so you may be pleasantly surprised if you try one again.

There was also a guy on the West Coast somewhere doing audio upgrades, one of the owners at the DC-area drive day a while back had it installed, it sounded impressive.
 
I took delivery of a 2025 AGT last month. It has SSPro, alcantra and aluminum roof. The sound is incredible and I am picky about the sound systems. Even better when playing Dolby Atmos music from Tidal.
Did not get the glass roof because of heat concerns, bald head and the Al roof makes the car stiffer and better handling (I am told).
It is the best car I have driven - period!
 
2025 GTs have significant improvements over your (and my) 2022.
The phone-key issues haven't changed for me (Google Pixel phone), have to unlock the phone sometimes and restart the app. But the fob has always worked well.
 
Hi All
This is My 1st post on this site, I had one of the 1st Touring In Az in 2022, loved the car
But traded it in for an EQS580 18 months
Later because of fear the company would go under along with the Audio system In my opinion was not as advertised, the car would always Take forever to open when approached, the glass roof was smoking hot in the summer time I still don’t know why in a car that cost that much they don’t have a roof shade like Mercedes and Cadillac.
However I loved the way the car drove and
The speed was incredible. I do miss it and the attention I got from it and now thinking about leasing a GT
Any thoughts from GT owners out there
Any suggestions or regrets
Welcome to the Forum! Received delivery on my AT in March of this year. REALLY love the car. Some thoughts:
  • I find the Audio system on the Pro system to be pretty good. (Coming from an Audi A6 HK audio system.) Lots of threads on this forum about the Audio, including the OTA updates that have improved the system in the last year or so.
  • I purchased the roof shades from Lucid which fit perfectly. They're reasonably priced and can even be acquired via referral points, if you're patient. They deflect radiating heat from the glass great, and reduce the oppressive sun in the summer. (I'm in the NYC area and most of the summer has been in the 90s.). I'll likely pull the shades out in September and again enjoy the fantastic views from the cockpit.
  • I'm not a crazy fast driver, but the effortless acceleration is literally shocking, even for someone coming form an Audi A6 2.0 which moves pretty darn well. It's positively confidence inspiring. Especially the 50mph-70mph acceleration when needed. (As opposed to just 0 - 60 for thrills.)
  • The Lucid Air is relatively unique. There simply aren't (yet) a lot of them around, which makes you somewhat unique. You'll get more looks and questions ("what IS that car?!"). One of may favorites from an older Italian colleague "Love your new car...what is it...It's Italian though....right? It's so beautiful, it must be designed in Italy....right?"
  • OTA updates have been coming every month or so. Sometimes negligible changes, sometimes fun or practical updates. Bottom line...the car is getting better every couple of months. That's an unusual benefit!
  • Ok...it's not all butterflies and rainbows:
    • Occasionally the software will glitch. XM radio stops working, Carplay won't receive messages. Not often, but it does happen.
    • EZPass toll tag in NY wouldn't work for me inside the car. Something with the glass cockpit. Had to get a license plate mount.
    • Entering the car still occasionally is delayed. For me...it's improved a lot in the last three months. Seems to be much better if the app is open on my phone. Leaving the fob at home makes it worth the occasional issue for me. I also carry the "card" as a back up.

All in all, have been very happy with my Air. Don't be concerned about making the plunge!
 
I took a lease of a 2025 GT this past December. Had a 2017 Tesla model S prior. The drive is amazing and as well as the build quality of the interior. I have found the software to be extremely glitchy on a daily/weekly basis. One day the Sirius XM radio doesn’t work, next day the rear view camera goes out, next day none of the sound works, etc. all the problems are fixed with a hard reset or just resolve by the next day. But I can say with confidence that Tesla was a worse car in terms of driving, but their software was almost perfect. I’d maybe do 1-2 hard resets a year and with my Lucid it’s every week. The sound is also much worse. I didn’t get the top option, but for a car with a MSRP of over $100k, the base sound should be good a least.
 
I think the current Air has greatly evolved and much different and more polished than the older versions. Still, the 2022 Air is a great car. I test drove the EQS and EQE and did not feel that engaged driving experience expected with other hybrid or gas powered MBZ vehicles. I would recommend test drive of the new Air GT and Gravity GT. The new Lucids are very impressive and totally engaging - you will love it.
 
I got an AGT in June and it has been outstanding. Very very few problems, and those that have cropped up haven't been very bothersome at all. The FOB has been pretty reliable when unlocking the care (although the FOB and mobile key def don't play nice together). I'm having trouble thinking of anything that doesn't work properly. It is smooth, very fast, quiet, and has very advanced tech. Gobs of range. Simply an outstanding car
 
2025 AGT with alu roof and SSPro.
Best sedan ever owned and I can not see any better sedan to be developed.

Sound system is good provided you feed it good source, it is easy to make a 2 speaker stereo system work well but difficult to make 21 speaker works in harmony. When you find a recording that's down well the sound is surreal.
 
2025 AGT, metal roof, SSPro. Best car I have ever owned, period, full stop. A significantly better vehicle in many ways than the 2022 AGT loaner I had for 10 days and a friend’s 2023. Everything seems a bit better put together, polished and high end.
 
Only option I didn't get was SSPro because it wasn't available. The normal Surreal Sound is fine, its pretty flat. If you use Apple Music you can also use Apple Music EQ's in addition to that cars somewhat limited EQ options (Bass-Mid-Treb, in 2025...). I have a car audio background.

I also own a 2023 Tesla 3 SR, with base steroe, and its horrible.

I also have a 2023 Model Y Performance with the Premium sound system. It's pretty good, but very bassy, and bad for podcasts. Much better EQ options. No Carplay though, you have use the Tesla version of Apple Music, which has a lot of drawbacks. Its missing a lot of albums, and you cannot use your own uploaded music.

Surreal Sound is okay for music, great for podcasts and audiobooks (I prefer unprocessed sound). I will add a subwoofer and call it good enough. There is a terrible rattle even on the factory "subwoofer", but I have felt tape, sound deadener, and panel poppers ready.

I've also owned a modern Mercedes "Burmeister" system, its pretty meh. Its a LOT of sound, but not good sound. You're just surrounded by mediocre speakers.

The best I have had is Tesla Premium, and the worst I have had is Tesla standard.

I feel like EQS attention is like "wow, that's a weird looking car". Not all good!

Software Tesla>Lucid>Mercedes]

Build quality Lucid>Mercedes>dog crap>Tesla
 
I took delivery of a 2025 AGT last month. It has SSPro, alcantra and aluminum roof. The sound is incredible and I am picky about the sound systems. Even better when playing Dolby Atmos music from Tidal.
Did not get the glass roof because of heat concerns, bald head and the Al roof makes the car stiffer and better handling (I am told).
It is the best car I have driven - period!

I am about to order my GT with everything on it. Now I think I will switch to an aluminum roof. The glass roof is pretty cool, but I bet the novelty wears off pretty quick for the owner.

PS: coming from a Bernmester in my S-Class so that’s what I will be comparing the SSPro to every day. I hope it’s good!
 
I am about to order my GT with everything on it. Now I think I will switch to an aluminum roof. The glass roof is pretty cool, but I bet the novelty wears off pretty quick for the owner.

PS: coming from a Bernmester in my S-Class so that’s what I will be comparing the SSPro to every day. I hope it’s good!
If you do get the glass roof, the sunshades in the lucid store are fantastic. I love the roof, and you can see through the sunshades. The extra light really does help.
 
I have the AGT with Al roof and I love it. I am told it makes the car stiffer for better handling, but I got it because I always keep the sunroof closed on my other cars and I have a bald head that burns easily.
The SS Pro is fantastic and if you get Atmos music it is out of this world. As far as I know Atmos is only available on the app Tidal.

Good luck.
 
If you do get the glass roof, the sunshades in the lucid store are fantastic. I love the roof, and you can see through the sunshades. The extra light really does help.
I too like the extra light that comes in through the glass roof with sunshades.
 
I'm in Arizona. Had Lucid Scottsdale install the sunshade and even with record heat this year the car was comfortable. Always used the remote cooling before getting in which was a worthwhile practice. I also like the light it passes through.
 
I forgot that the Aluminum roof doesn’t have any form of sunroof. I think I will get the glass roof and the shades.

Here’s a good link on those shades.
 
My GT has Alu roof for UAE sunlight, DDPro for highway commute, SSPro for fuller sound, Massage seat when commute gets boring and tiring and 20" for the balance between function and look.

No regret.
 
Back
Top