So, I've had this Air Touring for over a week now. I thought i would do a quick review of all the issues.
There are no issues.
I don't know if i just lucked out, but everything seems to be working. I have been using Android Auto and it just connects to my phone without issue. I use my phone as a key, and just works. The SSP is decent and dolby atmos works but it's not amazing. The Frunk and Trunk opened and closed every time i tried it. There haven't been any issues yet, but i keep reading that other people have tons of issues. This makes me think the real problem might be hardware and wiring given the inconsistency. A software problem is repeatable, but hardware issues are different for each unit.
The car drives very well. I really enjoy just hitting the accelerator to pull out of a turn. In my tesla that just resulted in oversteer, but in the Air it feels like slight oversteer that feels very nice.
There are some things i don't like. The 360 camera stays on until 16mph but i read it would disengage much lower. The door handles don't feel as solid as most other cars from the outside. The middle seat in the rear is very uncomfortable and hard; it is not really made for sitting. The rear view mirror distorts cars towards the top; it may be the windshield. The charge port is in the front instead of the rear, so i need to pull the cable further (nacs would be nice, too, so i don't need an adapter). Profile changes are way too slow and should be faster. Oh, there is no rear seat entertainment and the headrest makes it hard for anything less than a full custom installation. Some aftermarket options would also be nice, but there is virtually nothing.
That's really all I've found that i don't like, but the car drives so well. I have not driven a Taycan, but it drives better than any other electric car. I hope they can sell some more cars so the stock price goes up. Anyway, can't wait to drive it since more.
There are no issues.
I don't know if i just lucked out, but everything seems to be working. I have been using Android Auto and it just connects to my phone without issue. I use my phone as a key, and just works. The SSP is decent and dolby atmos works but it's not amazing. The Frunk and Trunk opened and closed every time i tried it. There haven't been any issues yet, but i keep reading that other people have tons of issues. This makes me think the real problem might be hardware and wiring given the inconsistency. A software problem is repeatable, but hardware issues are different for each unit.
The car drives very well. I really enjoy just hitting the accelerator to pull out of a turn. In my tesla that just resulted in oversteer, but in the Air it feels like slight oversteer that feels very nice.
There are some things i don't like. The 360 camera stays on until 16mph but i read it would disengage much lower. The door handles don't feel as solid as most other cars from the outside. The middle seat in the rear is very uncomfortable and hard; it is not really made for sitting. The rear view mirror distorts cars towards the top; it may be the windshield. The charge port is in the front instead of the rear, so i need to pull the cable further (nacs would be nice, too, so i don't need an adapter). Profile changes are way too slow and should be faster. Oh, there is no rear seat entertainment and the headrest makes it hard for anything less than a full custom installation. Some aftermarket options would also be nice, but there is virtually nothing.
That's really all I've found that i don't like, but the car drives so well. I have not driven a Taycan, but it drives better than any other electric car. I hope they can sell some more cars so the stock price goes up. Anyway, can't wait to drive it since more.