Shocking Two Week Review

EVSRCali

Verified Owner
DE Number
Everything works as expected on my Air Touring. So shocking, reading a lot of posts I was expecting something might pop up. Only minor issue was having to ping customer care through chat to push the update for car play, five days after its release it did not show up for install. Everything works as expected and car play worked first shot with a phone disconnect and connect again. Fantastic car and gets looks anywhere we go. Charging at electrify America worked on first day first plug in.
Happy weekend all!

My CarPlay OTA took around a week to appear, which isn't unusual. The car has been working great since we got it - six months now.

Pics or it didn’t happen.
Yeah---picked mine up today.. just as I remembered the test drives. All superlatives confirmed

A big surprise: I can't set up a "radio" favorites list with channels from AM, FM, SRX, etc. I have to connect to each source rather than aggregate them.

Sorry for the cliche, but I've been doing it on BMW, Porsche and Jaguar for 1O? years. 90%of my listening involves toggling among AM, FM and SRX. Lucid doesn't allow. (My very competent delivery guy confirmed it makes no sense in 2023/$140k)

This seems so basic I hope (not assume) Lucid will fix it....the tech is by now ancient

The car is gorgeous and my hitherto skeptical wife loves driving it

Day one---rock on...

T
Yeah---picked mine up today.. just as I remembered the test drives. All superlatives confirmed

A big surprise: I can't set up a "radio" favorites list with channels from AM, FM, SRX, etc. I have to connect to each source rather than aggregate them.

Sorry for the cliche, but I've been doing it on BMW, Porsche and Jaguar for 1O? years. 90%of my listening involves toggling among AM, FM and SRX. Lucid doesn't allow. (My very competent delivery guy confirmed it makes no sense in 2023/$140k)

This seems so basic I hope (not assume) Lucid will fix it....the tech is by now ancient

Day one---rock on...
Thats really awesome, congrats! It’s the only car I’ve ever had that improves with age.

Day one---rock on...
Audio layout and functionality is lacking. CarPlay solved that for me. I do hope the audio interface improves. I did a video on some of my wishlist….

Attachments

• IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 188
  • 70200287994__03FEDD9B-B441-4562-88FC-090A8BFB6F28.jpeg
    70200287994__03FEDD9B-B441-4562-88FC-090A8BFB6F28.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 201
  • 70200285449__490C806E-CBB1-408B-AFF6-BEF2C02F0186.jpeg
    70200285449__490C806E-CBB1-408B-AFF6-BEF2C02F0186.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2332.jpeg
    IMG_2332.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
  • 70200284100__7E8964D2-4961-4A12-8042-7C55047DF574.jpeg
    70200284100__7E8964D2-4961-4A12-8042-7C55047DF574.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 201

Day one---rock on...

Pics or it didn’t happen. 🤣

Got it ceramic coated and tinted at OCDetailing in Fremont, CA. Would highly recommend them in the Bay Area.
Congrats! Joe and Alex are great, too.

Welcome to the “most cars are fantastic and their owners are happy with them” club 😂

I thought it was silly when I first saw it but it’s growing on me to the point where I think I’m ready to get one. I might even get a cali bear tattoo to match.
You too! Welcome to the Lucid Bear Decals Club!

Everything works as expected on my Air Touring. So shocking, reading a lot of posts I was expecting something might pop up. Only minor issue was having to ping customer care through chat to push the update for car play, five days after its release it did not show up for install. Everything works as expected and car play worked first shot with a phone disconnect and connect again. Fantastic car and gets looks anywhere we go. Charging at electrify America worked on first day first plug in.
Happy weekend all!
This is good to hear. I’ll be picking up my Touring in Seattle and driving it home to the Portland metro area this coming week. It’s about 200 miles. Honestly, reading some of the reports here had me a little worried about making it home without some random part malfunctioning or dying

This is good to hear. I’ll be picking up my Touring in Seattle and driving it home to the Portland metro area this coming week. It’s about 200 miles. Honestly, reading some of the reports here had me a little worried about making it home without some random part malfunctioning or dying
The Seattle crew is great. Your ride will be ready for you and will please you. You will have a fun return drive home to the Portland area.

I've had my Touring about 3 months now. I have two complaints. First is that CA DOT doesn't fix potholes,so I got a flat after one week of ownership.

But I also have a minor whistle from the driver's side door above 60 MPH. It's subtle, and I haven't raised the issue to Lucid because I'm wondering if I'm being a Karen about it. What are other's experience on that?

I love to see posts like this. Yes, the internet seems made for amplifying bad news, same as the old "If it bleeds, it leads" newspaper adage. I would have been hesitant to post any significant issues with my AGT, but never got the chance, haven't had a single issue.
I took my lovely Air GT in for its annual safety inspection yesterday. It gathered a small crowd to gawk and ask questions. By now I'm quite used to that. Here in North Texas Lucids are still quite rare and the striking in-person appearance of my Zenith Red beauty always gets attention. Photos just don't do it justice. All that has changed over the last year is that now some people already know about Lucid and I get fewer of the "What is that?" questions.

I've had my Touring about 3 months now. I have two complaints. First is that CA DOT doesn't fix potholes,so I got a flat after one week of ownership.

But I also have a minor whistle from the driver's side door above 60 MPH. It's subtle, and I haven't raised the issue to Lucid because I'm wondering if I'm being a Karen about it. What are other's experience on that?
Post in thread 'Wind noise'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/wind-noise.3923/post-116390

Back