Service Updated Software Despite My Directive Not To

That would be fantastic. Do you mind sharing where that is located in the settings, please? Perhaps I have not paid enough due diligence to remedy my own problem.
Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I think I misled you. I thought you were talking about the new "Immersion" feature in the Gravity audio. That you can turn off in the sound adjustment section within the audio menu.

Our Air does not have the "Immersion" feature, nor am I aware of any new filter in its audio system. I'm grappling with so many software issues in our Gravities that I sometimes forget which car has which features and which issues.

I apologize for the confusion.
 
Have not done an update since 10/5/2024. Have had no bugs. People that have all the updates have complained about a lot of bugs.
I would rather accept worse sound than a car with older software with security implications.
 
Don't you have to update software to maintain warranty?
Yes.


At the exercise of Lucid’s sole and exclusive discretion, the Lucid New Vehicle Limited Warranty will be voided, and all warranty coverage hereunder will terminate in the event of:
...
  • Failing to install required software updates within 30 days after notification that an update is available

The car is already out of warranty.
 

Since we've already had to replace a battery and rear drive unit in our Air and a front drive unit in one of our Gravities, it could be pretty important to maintain that second leg of the warranty, at least in my view.

If I remember correctly, some of the Air updates (and also maybe for the Gravity) addressed control parameters in the drive units.
 
This is a major gripe I have as well. After the 2.5 disaster (how could they even let that pass their testing??) it has improved but they’ve added some kind of filter to the sound that makes it sound more spacious. It reminds me of my teenage years when I could pull my headphones out of my Walkman halfway and the sound became ethereal (sorry, having a hard time finding the right word for it). I had asked @marqie about it but they didn’t know of any upcoming updates. It’s been over a year now and it still sounds awful. I actually leased the car just because at that time (2.4 and before) the sound was amazing. I have spoken to a few audiophiles who agree that this has been a sound deterioration.

I have learned to live with the key issue, and other gripes but the audio is a major sticking point for me to lease another Air. I drive almost an hour to work and back each way and would love to enjoy my music which I currently don’t.

If anyone on this forum knows of any remedies, please do share. My lease is up in about few months and I am looking for my next car. If the sound issue was fixed, I’d most likely get another Air.

It’s a real shame when a poor software update ruins a great product, especially since I’ve seen how much better things can run when looking at the specialized platforms over at https://www.cogniteq.com/live-streaming where the focus is actually on stability and performance.
I just took delivery of one of the newer models and the audio was honestly a bit disappointing at first.

The best move was switching to the neutral studio mode and turning off the spatial surround features that made everything sound artificial and hollow. I ended up dropping the bass and sub-bass sliders to clear up the muddiness and gave the midrange a noticeable boost to bring the vocals back to life. I also dialed the treble down slightly to take the edge off.
 
Back
Top