Service Issues

Update - My car was returned mid January, still waiting on seat to be received, wind noise on driver side not fixed, also misalignment of some panels they fixed.
Hertz charged my card $1000 for the rental car lucid gave me. Working on those stuff now. Feels like almost like another task I have to remember to do😑

Yes. One of the unfortunate aspects of the forum is that ...

the poster
doesn't include the location
Posts like this need location information as it is likely very location dependent.
fixed that for you. some of the folk do not include their local ... they think I haven't hacked in their video security system.

people ... the only privacy anyone has is you are one of 8 billion. just put your general location in your sign-in and save us all from guessing. geographical context is important for many of the posts. I'm trying to stay conscious that only Amerikans use archaic , idiosyncratic units of measurement , like when I say "degrees" and you can't look over and see I'm an idiot Amerikan you might be off a climate or two. That's why I strive to us SI units in my posts.

... and other USA generalizations and assumptions like that visitors are all in the same idiom. Since I"m an owned lib I have to mention we assume sexual orientation sometimes (when making tasteless jokes). I porpose we adopt the gender-neutral "Thee" and "Thou".
(easy to remember: thee is "he" and thou is "cow")

doing my bit to maintain a steady course of confusion and misinfomation

Last edited:
Heck! They have me so concerned I stopped by Tesla today to browse the Model S. Let me see, do I chose the frying pan or the fire?

If I were to use your metaphor, the Lucid is the frying pan and the Tesla is Napalm. To quote Adlai Stevenson in a slightly different context: hell will freeze over before I purchase a Tesla.

Yes. One of the unfortunate aspects of the forum is that it doesn't include the location of the poster. Posts like this need location information as it is likely very location dependent.
Received my car with issues in October in Chattanooga TN. Nearest service rep is in Nashville over 100 miles away. Following at least 8 calls to customer assistance and roadside assistance for many continuing and increasingly inoprative issues I have received two phone calls months apart from the service rep saying he is coming my way - eventually. As yet, 4 months have passed with nothing more than "I we will send someone", "meanwhile don't use the car if it is dangerous". Frequent lock outs. loss of internet signal, etc when we have the widest broadband, fastest internet in this entire country available and functioning here which all my other receivers cars/j ets / cell phones/ Ipads work just fine if not exceptionally well.
Most interestingly / fearfully I received a call for a local attorney saying he was looking into a lemon law class action and wanted to discuss my experience. I politely declined comment because I am really trying to make this car work and as Perter Rawinson has said many times publicly "love your car" but its turning into a real extended unhappy experience. Dream Drive is a nightmare. Access to the car is so spotty that as yet, I just can't ever rely on this car to get me where I need to go when I need go. It just has to sit in my garage while I rely on my 2 others.

Received my car with issues in October in Chattanooga TN. Nearest service rep is in Nashville over 100 miles away. Following at least 8 calls to customer assistance and roadside assistance for many continuing and increasingly inoprative issues I have received two phone calls months apart from the service rep saying he is coming my way - eventually. As yet, 4 months have passed with nothing more than "I we will send someone", "meanwhile don't use the car if it is dangerous". Frequent lock outs. loss of internet signal, etc when we have the widest broadband, fastest internet in this entire country available and functioning here which all my other receivers cars/j ets / cell phones/ Ipads work just fine if not exceptionally well.
Most interestingly / fearfully I received a call for a local attorney saying he was looking into a lemon law class action and wanted to discuss my experience. I politely declined comment because I am really trying to make this car work and as Perter Rawinson has said many times publicly "love your car" but its turning into a real extended unhappy experience. Dream Drive is a nightmare. Access to the car is so spotty that as yet, I just can't ever rely on this car to get me where I need to go when I need go. It just has to sit in my garage while I rely on my 2 others.
This really stinks, I'm assuming that you've tried all sorts of resets suggested here on the forums?

I hope that service reaches out soon to correct your issues.

On a different topic, how do you do a lemon law class action? 🤔

This really stinks, I'm assuming that you've tried all sorts of resets suggested here on the forums?

I honestly don't know anything about a lemon law class action myself since I did everything I could to avoid the conversation.. What the attorney pitched out before I could voice disinterest was that those laws vary from state to state and that several attorneys from several states are looking into the matter. But, I did quickly receive another call from the Nashville service rep who now says he will be here next Tuesday. I really hope that happens and Lucid is able to fix the problems. And I will post the results if other forum members express interest. I don't want to get outside the forum guidelines.

Hi, @DRJRC.

Thank you for your post. I just sent you a DM.

I just thought I would let others know that our Luci got clipped by a minivan in a parking lot, very minor damage. We got referred to an auto body shop in Hawthorne CA as it was the closest to our location. I took the car there for inspection, and after many phone calls by myself and the insurance agent, none being returned and no feedback we bailed. We gave them over two weeks to just reach out to us and let us know what's happening, nothing. Since then we have taken the car to a recommended local auto body shop and they are going to do the repairs. Getting simple trim parts can take awhile, it's been two weeks but we are told the last trim piece is coming in this week. Luci is fully drivable so we can be patient.

I just thought I would let others know that our Luci got clipped by a minivan in a parking lot, very minor damage. We got referred to an auto body shop in Hawthorne CA as it was the closest to our location. I took the car there for inspection, and after many phone calls by myself and the insurance agent, none being returned and no feedback we bailed. We gave them over two weeks to just reach out to us and let us know what's happening, nothing. Since then we have taken the car to a recommended local auto body shop and they are going to do the repairs. Getting simple trim parts can take awhile, it's been two weeks but we are told the last trim piece is coming in this week. Luci is fully drivable so we can be patient.
Sorry that happened to you! My father’s GT bumper got clipped in a parking lot and between the repair, paint and the time for Lucid to calibrate, it’s been over month. I guess some parts are hard to get.

You don't. It would be almost impossible to do a lemon law class action as the lemon laws are very particular to particular vehicles.

My experience with lemon law in CA. We had an german sedan (not using make as not fair to them) which had undergone a full engine swap, multiple Nox sensor replacements, and was still having "service engine soon" issues. A full engine wiring harness replacement was being proposed when I cried foul. I started the discussion with the service manager, resistant at first, then threatened lemon law, and said should I call "Car Make" North America or do you want to. After some reservations he agreed to contact them. In the end they agreed to replace our car with a brand new one. No lemon law required.

Then just recently my son's in-laws had a battery subsystem issue on a brand new german sedan. Car was in the shop for many months waiting on parts, they asked me how do we do a lemon law? I told them you probably won't need to, just be stern with the dealer management and ask that it be elevated to "Car Make" North America. That happened and they were refunded every single penny of their purchase cost. No lemon law required.

The takeaway, I think in both these cases the manufacturer would rather just do what will ultimately happen if you went down the lemon law path, but with a BIG difference, they now have a car they can resell without a "lemon" tag on it, that's a big deal. Just my experience. By the way, our replacement german sedan was completely issue free until we sold it (over 70K miles) to acquire our Luci.

My experience with lemon law in CA. We had an german sedan (not using make as not fair to them) which had undergone a full engine swap, multiple Nox sensor replacements, and was still having "service engine soon" issues. A full engine wiring harness replacement was being proposed when I cried foul. I started the discussion with the service manager, resistant at first, then threatened lemon law, and said should I call "Car Make" North America or do you want to. After some reservations he agreed to contact them. In the end they agreed to replace our car with a brand new one. No lemon law required.

Then just recently my son's in-laws had a battery subsystem issue on a brand new german sedan. Car was in the shop for many months waiting on parts, they asked me how do we do a lemon law? I told them you probably won't need to, just be stern with the dealer management and ask that it be elevated to "Car Make" North America. That happened and they were refunded every single penny of their purchase cost. No lemon law required.

The takeaway, I think in both these cases the manufacturer would rather just do what will ultimately happen if you went down the lemon law path, but with a BIG difference, they now have a car they can resell without a "lemon" tag on it, that's a big deal. Just my experience. By the way, our replacement german sedan was completely issue free until we sold it (over 70K miles) to acquire our Luci.
I did a similar buyback and will name the company (BMW) because it did an excellent and very fair job executing the buyback. I walked into the dealership with copies of a letter: one to BMW and one to the General Manager stating that I am invoking and starting the lemon law. The service manager told me he agreed with me and asked me to give him an hour. I did and he called me back and said that BMW would buy back the car. Once BMW agreed, it was very fair and very easy to work with. I should note that I am a retired litigator and that might have influenced the corporate decision.

I do believe that, at least in most states, the title will still be a salvage title.

Back