Service Issues

creair

DE Number
Received my air back in September and during inspection told the SA a few things regarding fit and finish and car getting delivered with some scuffs in front alongside a minor dent on chrome lip.
Few days later more stuff surfaced regarding fit finish and one of the car keys stopped working. Been 4 weeks and been promised someone coming out next week and have not received any communication. How are your service calls being answered?

Received my air back in September and during inspection told the SA a few things regarding fit and finish and car getting delivered with some scuffs in front alongside a minor dent on chrome lip.
Few days later more stuff surfaced regarding fit finish and one of the car keys stopped working. Been 4 weeks and been promised someone coming out next week and have not received any communication. How are your service calls being answered?
It is highly dependent on your location. Where is your nearest service center and how far away are you from it?

It is highly dependent on your location. Where is your nearest service center and how far away are you from it?
Yes. One of the unfortunate aspects of the forum is that it doesn't include the location of the poster. Posts like this need location information as it is likely very location dependent.

2 months on still waiting on a call back from them after following up around 6 times. They have a mobile unit in Atlanta as per my last conversation

I’m in Atlanta and wondered how service was going for folks here with their cars already. Sounds like maybe not great.

2 months on still waiting on a call back from them after following up around 6 times. They have a mobile unit in Atlanta as per my last conversation
Hi, @creair.

Thank you for sharing. I DM'd you for additional information that I can pass along to our Customer Care and Service teams.

Regards,
Marqie

I was feeling bad for myself having contacted Customer Care 5 times in 23 days and have yet to hear from Service but 2 months is shocking. So sorry you've had that experience (or complete lack of experience).

(I'm in Pennsylvania, so this problem isn't isolated to just ATL.)

Last I heard, Atlanta consisted of two individuals to handle a five-state area, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi. I also heard there were more cars delivered in Atlanta and Charlotte combined as there were in the entire state of Florida. My last visit here in Charlotte was actually from an individual located out of Northern Virginia.

They should really have a full-fledged Service Center out of Atlanta. I also heard they had a hiring freeze, so this recipe of a steep ramp in deliveries coupled with little to no growth in service capability is probably one that is, and will, result in some serious customer frustration.

I have a misaligned charging door that is likely to stay that way for quite some time, initially reported 10/7, reported again 11/21. I heard from someone in Atlanta this morning apologizing that it took so long, but not really scheduling anything or talking about how to get it rectified. Not going to hold my breath.

What was initially a feather in Lucid's cap (Post-delivery customer service) is quickly being overwhelmed and is my biggest concern with respect to brand sustainability. If they don't start expanding service capability soon (especially the number of Service Centers), they are going to find this impacting their orderbook.

Heck! They have me so concerned I stopped by Tesla today to browse the Model S. Let me see, do I chose the frying pan or the fire?

Not going to hold my breath.
Oh yeah, I've just given up expecting service for the foreseeable future. And I'm not a pessimist.

I worked on support at a startup and it's super hard to staff and train enough people to keep up with what can be hockey-stick growth. I totally get it. But if you get a bad service/support reputation it can take years of having a superlative product to overcome that. "The car has flaws but the service is amazing" is a vastly different story than "The car has flaws and service may be non-existent where you live".

Fingers crossed this is a temporary but unfortunate blip.

Finally someone reached out today. Set me up with a Hertz rental ( Lucid if ur listening , get Hertz off ur rental list, enterprise has provided me way better cars on my insurance company's limited reimbursement budget than the only options of gmc Acadia and infinity qx50 with hertz which apparently are the best they provide to lucid customers). The only reason I got the rental is in case I need it as 2 of my cars are dealing with post collision repair issues probably due to poor quality work since I couldn't use the collision center I trust (3 months backed up) .

They pick up tomorrow. Issues are
1. Delivery issues due to truck guy probably causing damage
2. Panel gaps
3. Frunk doesn't close itself ( getting worse with colder weather)
4. Driver sunvisor light not coming on
5. Driver front Wheel is supposedly slightly out of curvature since its jumping on wheel balancing machine and I faintly get a vibration in steering .
6.bluetooth mic - other person thinks I am too far from the phone if I am not facing the mic and speaking loudly.

I expect probably 7-10 days under normal circumstances for a turnaround on those issues with body issues probably taking more time.

Regarding your comment on startup and staffing - currently at two of my businesses ( one startup, one established) I have 3-4 extra staff respectively just to make sure when holidays are over and business picks up I am not losing customers. It's cost of doing business especially if you want it going long term because nothing beats word of mouth especially in luxury car segment. I have probably given Bentley 2 customers since I bought mine in July who were going for rolls due to the the car being absolutely amazing and the experience I had at the dealership with the sales guy where I drove in on a pickup truck in pajamas still followed up on my visit which ended in a sale( I am 28 and trust me I have had my own share of experiences). I gave land Rover 3 sales just because mine has been good and customer service has been great with the dealership near me. I was sold on a Cadillac due to recommendation
I am surprised with how the company is structured or better yet unstructured with the amount of money behind it and the fact that the product and the tech they have had the capability to catapult them to the pinnacle of Automobiles industry and possibly dethrone Tesla in coming years. there are not a lot of areas they really need their service centers in as their sales with Air would not necessarily be outside the 300miles of major metro and they could have one mapped out every 600 mile driving distance of each other

Regarding Model S - Being a prior Tesla owner I would not recommend a Tesla. The quality is poor, issues galore and there are stuff a service center can't fix. Spending $120k on a car and you cant call on the phone on highway due to road noise is absolutely unacceptable. Tesla service center straight up answer was we cannof insulate noise as well as other cars due to weight issues. Model X felt like sitting on the road at 75mph.

This is a new car, issues are going to be there which I knew getting into the car. The fact that I fancied the idea a quiet luxury electric car that I overlooked the entire not having air suspension buying without test drive and I haven't come back with a major complaint as far as the experience using the car speaks volume. The suspension is surprisingly well setup especially riding 21's.

If I was Lucid I would contract out with independent luxury car repair shops ( there are plenty in Atlanta and other major cities) or do like Tesla did with GM. I understand capital is limited with whatever they have going on to expand service centers but contracts will save that capital albeit on a more expensive short term customer servicing cost to the company which would be smart till they get everything off the ground.

I have taken my car to a Lucid Certified Body Shop, but that was their limitation, just body work. They were not a place set up to do warranty work.

Does Lucid have any luxury car repair shops set up to do warranty work?

The place in Atlanta they have is just a home base for the mobile techs, again, not set up to do warranty work other than that provided by the mobile techs.

I have taken my car to a Lucid Certified Body Shop, but that was their limitation, just body work. They were not a place set up to do warranty work.

Does Lucid have any luxury car repair shops set up to do warranty work?

The place in Atlanta they have is just a home base for the mobile techs, again, not set up to do warranty work other than that provided by the mobile techs.
I meant bodywork, my bad.

This is the plan. There are already a few certified shops.
If they would like some recommendations, I can recommend some people in Atlanta, who have worked at luxury car dealerships before and now have their own operations running. One of them is a friend who services all my cars and I have always been satisfied

Car got picked up today. The person was very nice and actually waited for me to get home to drop the car off.
Also noted some more issues while the car was being picked up . The door gasket cover rear driver is coming loose and wouldnt go back in. My driver seat adjustment for width, right side making noise, creaks on the windshield. I think a lot of it has to do with the temperature changes going from 40 to 77 today overnight which also might be the reason for frunks not closing. Let's see how it goes. It's currently at a body shop in Sandy springs to clean up all the panel gaps and damages from delivery

More than 30 days later and number of calls including one yesterday, no update on eta for delivery, they sent some DocuSign last 2 weeks with some issues but were not all to had to call and took 3 calls to get it updated and they were updated last week. I wish this was faster and quicker turnaround

Back