Service Issues - Lucid Air GT

yash3030

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
9INQETCX
I had taken delivery of my Air GT back in Oct '22 and a few days later i noticed a manufacturing defect, and reported it back to Lucid customer care. One person from Lucid's remote service team visited me and acknowledged that there is an issue which will require parts to be ordered and will be fixed in Nov'22. Since then issue has been as-is and all i keep hearing is that they are looking for an earliest slot with their workshop in New Jersey. Its been 4 months now and no progress.

Another time Lucid's road side assistance helped me with a tire burst and they brought the tire with them. I have been requesting them to file a claim with Pirelli as they purchased the tire on my behalf but no response there too.

Can someone help escalate this to Lucid service team?

Tagging you @Bobby for advice and guidance!

I had taken delivery of my Air GT back in Oct '22 and a few days later i noticed a manufacturing defect, and reported it back to Lucid customer care. One person from Lucid's remote service team visited me and acknowledged that there is an issue which will require parts to be ordered and will be fixed in Nov'22. Since then issue has been as-is and all i keep hearing is that they are looking for an earliest slot with their workshop in New Jersey. Its been 4 months now and no progress.

Another time Lucid's road side assistance helped me with a tire burst and they brought the tire with them. I have been requesting them to file a claim with Pirelli as they purchased the tire on my behalf but no response there too.

Can someone help escalate this to Lucid service team?

Tagging you @Bobby for advice and guidance!
1. What is the manufacturing defect? Does it affect safety or drivability? Lucid is going through a period of explosive growth and unfortunately, sometimes more minor things get put on the back burner. I am not condoning that, it's just the reality. Also, if parts are required, secondary vendors can be slow.

2. In reality, the vehicle manufacturer is not responsible to do anything about a tire burst. The fact that they gave you roadside assistance at their own expense shows how much they care about their owners. What was the reason for the burst? Is it a manufacturing defect or was it from a pothole? Some of the forum have gone to Discount Tire (or similar) and bought road hazard coverage. Sadly, in the end, this will likely be an out-of-pocket expense for you.

3. Unfortunately, we the moderators have no way of escalating anything. We are not employees of Lucid and have no greater pull than you do. I would suggest a carefully and kindly worded letter to Len Devanna to start. He is here on the forum at @Firstto520.

Hi @Bobby! Thank you for your reply and initiating the connect with Len (@Firstto520). I understand that moderators are not Lucid employees, but at the same time your knowledge and experience is invaluable (in this case making the introduction to Len). Really appreciate you!

For #1, I totally understand what you are saying and know what Lucid might be going through. The issue is left side panel is coming off. While it is not a driving hazard at this point, I am not sure when it might become one. So far I have been reasonable in my ask to Lucid and in my conversations with the service provider. I would be more than happy if Lucid service team in all honesty tells me the part will take 6 months and only then they will be able to fix it. Here my concern is lack of transparency and communication :(

#2 - I agree Lucid is not responsible for tire burst but roadside assistance is included as a committed service from Lucid. All i request is because Lucid purchased the tire, I am not able to file a claim directly with Pirelli and unfortunately have no choice but to request them to file it on my behalf, which they did mention that they would do it

Hi @Bobby! Thank you for your reply and initiating the connect with Len (@Firstto520). I understand that moderators are not Lucid employees, but at the same time your knowledge and experience is invaluable (in this case making the introduction to Len). Really appreciate you!

For #1, I totally understand what you are saying and know what Lucid might be going through. The issue is left side panel is coming off. While it is not a driving hazard at this point, I am not sure when it might become one. So far I have been reasonable in my ask to Lucid and in my conversations with the service provider. I would be more than happy if Lucid service team in all honesty tells me the part will take 6 months and only then they will be able to fix it. Here my concern is lack of transparency and communication :(

#2 - I agree Lucid is not responsible for tire burst but roadside assistance is included as a committed service from Lucid. All i request is because Lucid purchased the tire, I am not able to file a claim directly with Pirelli and unfortunately have no choice but to request them to file it on my behalf, which they did mention that they would do it
Service has been tough for Lucid. I completely agree with you, they need to be more transparent and responsive. We are very lucky to have a great service tech here in San Diego but I understand that is not the case everywhere else. If you'd like to send me a private message with some pictures of the panel, I can ask the local Lucid tech what he thinks needs to be done.

I have the 21s and after all the rain here in San Diego over the last few weeks I am terrified of potholes. Maybe I should take my own advice and buy the road hazard coverage!

Back