Service Calls to 'Remote' Areas

I took delivery of my AT yesterday morning - in 3 degree cold no less!

Prior to shipping out from the service center, there was a delay that the SA stated was ‘a coolant issue’ that they needed to fix.

Of note on delivery inspection was the mounding around the front passenger wheel well. The plastic covering that section was not ‘secured’ and was catching the frunk, preventing it from opening. Upon ‘helping’ the drunk open thru the obstacle, I could push it back down but it didn’t ‘click’ into place. So this was noted as a service need on the form with pictures and marked for future service. No big deal, to me.

Then, when I went out for my first real drive, upon sitting in the car the pilot panel showed an alert saying ‘Low Coolant - Contact Customer Care’. This seems a little concerning? I’ve sent a note to my SA about this and how it didn’t present during our orientation call - but immediately after. We will see what the response is, but 24hrs later I’ve yet to hear (granted it is Saturday/Sunday so I’ll give them a break).

Anyone else experience coolant issues?
I would recommend texting service, quickest way to get a response, mention you just had the car delivered and it’s alerting for a problem they said PDI fixed. It could be something as simple as a sensor alert reset, and some things service can do remotely. If there’s not an orange ish coolant under the car then it could be when they did the fix they just didn’t put enough back in or reset the sensor? Sorry your new car had a problem though!

I would recommend texting service, quickest way to get a response, mention you just had the car delivered and it’s alerting for a problem they said PDI fixed. It could be something as simple as a sensor alert reset, and some things service can do remotely. If there’s not an orange ish coolant under the car then it could be when they did the fix they just didn’t put enough back in or reset the sensor? Sorry your new car had a problem though!
Yeah good point - there are no signs of a leak of any kind, so hopefully you're right. I was able to get in touch with the Goose Island Service Center, and they are looking into it, but haven't heard a timeframe yet. They have been responsive, despite a lack of solutions so far! No biggie.

Sorry to hear your experience on the cooling issue. And that you had to do the delivery in the bitter cold. Are you in Minnesota by chance? A number of us here now.
Yep - over in Edina.

Car's a dream nonetheless - like a very comfortable, sleek spaceship. :)

Weird. Just spoke to service and they’re coming to pick the car up and haul back to Chicago. Was really hoping I wouldn’t be one of the unluckies. :/

No puddles/fluids visible, no other indications of issues. Just the dang alert on the screen.

Disappointed that it could be solved via mobile service, but understand that if it is an involved remedy, it would end in the same result.

Hi Everyone,

Driving home this evening, about 75 mi from home, got the low coolant message on the screen. Had about 30% battery at the time also. Continued driving home, and as I was getting off my exit, regen did not work at all and the brakes barely were able to stop the car. To top it off, battery was approaching 20% and went into reduced mode, so the last 4-5 miles were not fun. Limping along, car wouldn’t accelerate hardly at all and also would barely come to a stop. Got it in the garage, got out of the car and smelled coolant. Don’t see and on the garage floor, I’m sure it all leaked out on I-75 & I-95.

The fans were running full blast, so plugged it in so the batteries wouldn’t deplete due to the fans running so fast. Car would not charge.

Unplugged, called Customer Care and they are getting ahold of service who will be reaching out. I expect the car to be transported to West Palm… will keep everything updated.

Hi Everyone,

Driving home this evening, about 75 mi from home, got the low coolant message on the screen. Had about 30% battery at the time also. Continued driving home, and as I was getting off my exit, regen did not work at all and the brakes barely were able to stop the car. To top it off, battery was approaching 20% and went into reduced mode, so the last 4-5 miles were not fun. Limping along, car wouldn’t accelerate hardly at all and also would barely come to a stop. Got it in the garage, got out of the car and smelled coolant. Don’t see and on the garage floor, I’m sure it all leaked out on I-75 & I-95.

The fans were running full blast, so plugged it in so the batteries wouldn’t deplete due to the fans running so fast. Car would not charge.

Unplugged, called Customer Care and they are getting ahold of service who will be reaching out. I expect the car to be transported to West Palm… will keep everything updated.
Really sorry to hear this news, but you couldn't have handled it better. Calmness in the face of uncertainty is a gift and a great example for those around you.

Hi Everyone,

There’s been occasional issues with a coolant hose near the front right rear well I believe. The upside is it’s a pretty easy fix usually with no resulting damage, if that ends up being your problem. It’s no fun regardless. ☹️

Back