Self Driving

Mkoy2881

Cars
Lucid touring
Is there any insight on when lucid will offer self driving?

Is there any insight on when lucid will offer self driving?
Never. Lucid ADAS was only ever advertised as level 3 at full capability.

Any insights on when we go to level 3 (vice our current level 2)?

Others have answered that the L3 timeline is still unknown for Lucid.

If you can't wait, you can now buy an L3 Mercedes in Germany.

Although Mercedes has not announced when it will sell L3 in the US, since Nevada has approved the Mercedes L3 in January, maybe next year.

Current Mercedes L3 can only operate at 40 MPH but the article says it's regulatory and not technical. So, we might expect the Mercedes L3 to double the speed when ready.

The big difference in L3 is: Mercedes would take responsibility if it hits someone or something during its L3 operation.

I don't see how Lucid will do L3 this year because it is not designed to brake for stationary obstacles (its Adaptive Cruise Control is currently designed to brake for moving obstacles).

I don't see how Lucid will do L3 this year because it is not designed to brake for stationary obstacles (its Adaptive Cruise Control is currently designed to brake for moving obstacles).
Well, the hardware is there, so it’s a mater of the software, which is mostly provided by NVIDIA.

Well, the hardware is there, so it’s a mater of the software, which is mostly provided by NVIDIA.
No doubt. But I doubt the complete suite of software is free from nVidia. I suspect that you can get free barebone software from nVidia, then you can either pay nVidia to do the rest or hire your own workers to do the rest of the software.

When was the last time you would see nVidia/Lucid workers work together? You can see the nVidia/Mercedes workers work together below, but I don't think it's free:

yi3PAi9.jpg

Thus, unless Lucid has a super team or Nvidia help, I don't think L3 will be here in 2023. If the conditions will not change in 2024 (no super generous funding for the Lucid super software team or spending money on Nvidia workers...) I doubt Lucid L3 will be here in 2024, either.

No doubt. But I doubt the complete suite of software is free from nVidia. I suspect that you can get free barebone software from nVidia, then you can either pay nVidia to do the rest or hire your own workers to do the rest of the software.

When was the last time you would see nVidia/Lucid workers work together? You can see the nVidia/Mercedes workers work together below, but I don't think it's free:

yi3PAi9.jpg

Thus, unless Lucid has a super team or Nvidia help, I don't think L3 will be here in 2023. If the conditions will not change in 2024 (no super generous funding for the Lucid super software team or spending money on Nvidia workers...) I doubt Lucid L3 will be here in 2024, either.
Yes, it’s hard to tell what NVIDIA is providing, but based on previous press releases, Lucid is using the NVIDIA DRIVE platform:

You can follow all the links around to get a clearer view as to what is provided, but aside from the hardware there is also an SDK provided:

Back