Seat restore fails

johnjbarton

Reaction score
The seats and steering wheel are reluctant to restore in our AGT after 2.4.10. When it fails I can go to the Seats and steering wheel settings and the Restore button will be active. Pressing fixes the setting. We had this happen occasionally over the last couple of years, but now it's very common. Any ideas?

The seats and steering wheel are reluctant to restore in our AGT after 2.4.10. When it fails I can go to the Seats and steering wheel settings and the Restore button will be active. Pressing fixes the setting. We had this happen occasionally over the last couple of years, but now it's very common. Any ideas?
There are two ways to restore the seats from easy exit/entry:
1) Press the brake.
2) Buckle your seatbelt.

If, while the seat and/or steering wheel are restoring, you move the seat *at all* (meaning you hit any of the buttons on the left side), it will stop restoring. In addition, if it senses something blocking it from restoring, it will stop restoring. Check to see if something is under your seat and keeping it from moving.

If none of that is what's going on, call service and have them schedule you for 'seat homing.' It can be done via mobile service, but it's a software program that service has to run with physical access to the car.

I had the same thing happen to me after 2.4.10. Restore is not available and I change to another profile and back again, but this takes a lot of time, so it's annoying. I'll try @borski's suggestions and see if they offer a quick workaround.

I had the same thing happen to me after 2.4.10. Restore is not available and I change to another profile and back again, but this takes a lot of time, so it's annoying. I'll try @borski's suggestions and see if they offer a quick workaround.
That's a different symptom than the OP had. In OP's case, the 'restore' button was active, and thus clickable. It sounds like in yours, it isn't; are you in 'Park' when you try to restore?

Restore is only able to be activated when in Park, not in gear.

That's a different symptom than the OP had. In OP's case, the 'restore' button was active, and thus clickable. It sounds like in yours, it isn't; are you in 'Park' when you try to restore?

Restore is only able to be activated when in Park, not in gear.
Yes, I am always in Park when I experience this problem. Both my wife and I have the issue. But it's not an "always" thing. Today, I didn't have the problem. Go figure.

Yes, I am always in Park when I experience this problem. Both my wife and I have the issue. But it's not an "always" thing. Today, I didn't have the problem. Go figure.

I am facing this issue intermittently since 2.4.10. One way to resolve is to switch profiles and switch back. Another easier way is to unbuckle, open the door for easy entry adjustment to kick in. Close door and buckle back.

I am yet to contact CS.

I still have the same issue myself and I live far from nearest service cetner. I have to restore my seat in Park everytime. I wish Lucid will allow us to recalibrate our seats or provide service mode in the future to be able to troubleshoots like Teslas

Mine works every time but lately, the steering wheel lags behind the seat occasionally.
The seats moves into position, but the steering wheel completes its position when I select reverse.

There are two ways to restore the seats from easy exit/entry:
1) Press the brake.
2) Buckle your seatbelt.

If, while the seat and/or steering wheel are restoring, you move the seat *at all* (meaning you hit any of the buttons on the left side), it will stop restoring. In addition, if it senses something blocking it from restoring, it will stop restoring. Check to see if something is under your seat and keeping it from moving.

If none of that is what's going on, call service and have them schedule you for 'seat homing.' It can be done via mobile service, but it's a software program that service has to run with physical access to the car.
Thanks for this information. However I don't understand the circumstances you mention: what is "from easy exit/entry:"?

Thanks for this information. However I don't understand the circumstances you mention: what is "from easy exit/entry:"?
There is s setting you can turn on where it moves the seat back and/or steering wheel up to make it easier to enter/exit the vehicle.

You may need to get your seat homed again. Happened to me after the last two updates.

Back