Screen flashing with a dozen various error messages!!!

Chaji

Cars
Air Touring
Got my touring recently with only 900 miles so far.. went into Costco , came back and noted screens were flashing with a dozen different error messages, retractable screen not working, camera and radars not working, Trunk not opening, no drive mode shift, basically all the functionalities pretty much turned off for no apparent reason... Got in touch with the service team in Millbrae, CA .. they mentioned that they had not seen anything like that before and escalated to engineering team. Overall pretty disappointed since I am not sure whether I was delivered a prototype or actual production car... How come pretty much everything would melt down within a month?

here are the error messages

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 178
If you were in a plane I’d call in a mayday!

Did a reset fix it? What were the other error messages? Keep us posted on what the service center finds.
Reset didn't help.. they had to escalate to engineering... what I feel is that somehow it could be due to a wrong software upgrade as I noticed that when the screen was turned on it was showing 'Massage' option which is not available in Touring, although non of the command worked from the touch screen but it least it was showing this option. This option was not showing (obviously) until now

Overall pretty disappointed since I am not sure whether I was delivered a prototype or actual production car... How come pretty much everything would melt down within a month?
As has been often noted, EVs are essentially mobile electronic devices. Electronic devices tend to fail early if they are going to fail. So the fact that it happened early doesn't mean your car is bad and certainly doesn't mean it is a prototype. You just got hit with the electronic failure curse.

My screen flickers sometimes but no error message. Eager to learn the solution.

I am curious, when folks say "flicker" do they mean the ambient light adjustment? When lighting conditions change, the screen automatically gets brighter or darker. It's a rather jarring, stepped adjustment, which could indeed look like a flicker, is why I ask. Wish it were a smoother, gradual brightening or darkening.

Or are we talking about actual flicker? The screen going completely black for a split second?

I am curious, when folks say "flicker" do they mean the ambient light adjustment? When lighting conditions change, the screen automatically gets brighter or darker. It's a rather jarring, stepped adjustment, which could indeed look like a flicker, is why I ask. Wish it were a smoother, gradual brightening or darkening.

Or are we talking about actual flicker? The screen going completely black for a split second?
Mine flickers like it's loading a different screen but stops itself and reverts back. Only happens when on navigation.

Mine flickers like it's loading a different screen but stops itself and reverts back. Only happens when on navigation.
Weird. That sounds like a loose connection or a bad board somewhere. I have not seen that on my car.

Or, it could be software, of course.

Actually flickers

Weird. That sounds like a loose connection or a bad board somewhere. I have not seen that on my car.

Or, it could be software, of course.
I just assume software because it only happens on the nav screen.

Mine happens on the main screen, most notably when accelerating. That also can be a coincidence as I pay heed to the speed when I accelerate

Last edited:
Posted this to another thread as I didn't mean to "hijack" this one.
Email your video to CS and they will get it taken care of. Should not flicker.

I did, they took the car and said they couldn't reproduce it. Which I found hard to believe because I see it all the time.
Hmmm, I would look to see if any of the electronics you have with you are causing the problem.

Back