- Joined
- Sep 20, 2024
- Messages
- 117
- Reaction score
- 138
- Cars
- 2026 Air, SSP, Massage
I used to have a 2024 Air with an old tesla charger from 2008. When trying to schedule charging, it would say unsupported charger but I would just cancel the immediate charging and it would schedule right x time when waking the car up with the app.
Fast forward a year or so later, one of the app update broke this ability. And it has never worked since.
I have a 2026 Air now. It still doesnt work. But I found a hack to make scheduled charing work, I am excited about it so just wanted to share with everyone who might be in the same situation as me.
I am on am on Lucid’s App version 2.8.16. To get scheduled working for unsupport chargers, set your charging limit to 1% above current level. So if you are at 50%, set it to 51% charge limit.
Plug in your charger, it will say unsupported charger and start charging immediately.
Let it complete the chargin cycle to 51%.
Wait for 10+ minutes and wake up your car from the app. Once it wakes up, it will shedule your car to charge as set in car!
Now you can change the charging limit to actual limit you want.
I believe there is a software glitch where the car wont schedule charging for specific chargers until a charging cycle is completed, car goes to deep sleep, and wakes up, and establish connection via app. When all these are met, it will set scheduled charging.
Fast forward a year or so later, one of the app update broke this ability. And it has never worked since.
I have a 2026 Air now. It still doesnt work. But I found a hack to make scheduled charing work, I am excited about it so just wanted to share with everyone who might be in the same situation as me.
I am on am on Lucid’s App version 2.8.16. To get scheduled working for unsupport chargers, set your charging limit to 1% above current level. So if you are at 50%, set it to 51% charge limit.
Plug in your charger, it will say unsupported charger and start charging immediately.
Let it complete the chargin cycle to 51%.
Wait for 10+ minutes and wake up your car from the app. Once it wakes up, it will shedule your car to charge as set in car!
Now you can change the charging limit to actual limit you want.
I believe there is a software glitch where the car wont schedule charging for specific chargers until a charging cycle is completed, car goes to deep sleep, and wakes up, and establish connection via app. When all these are met, it will set scheduled charging.