Scheduled Charging Bug?

shotgunnerdad

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
I have my charging scheduled for 1AM, and this seems to happen reliably. But, every now and then I find that the car is charging when I approach it at a different time. Doesn't seem like. a serious problem, but anyone else experiencing this?

I have my charging scheduled for 1AM, and this seems to happen reliably. But, every now and then I find that the car is charging when I approach it at a different time. Doesn't seem like. a serious problem, but anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks for sharing. I just sent you a direct message.

I've had only one similar occurrence. Charging was scheduled for 1am but the car started charging when I opened the phone app, around 5pm the evening before charging was to have taken place.

I can usually reproduce this issue by unlocking the car when its not supposed to be charging, locking it, then unlock again. Basically the second unlock seems to make the car charge when its not supposed to. This sequence is usually performed within minutes of eachother, I haven't tried longer periods.

I can usually reproduce this issue by unlocking the car when its not supposed to be charging, locking it, then unlock again. Basically the second unlock seems to make the car charge when its not supposed to. This sequence is usually performed within minutes of eachother, I haven't tried longer periods.
Helpful, thanks. I’ll try to replicate what you describe to see if it’s my issue also.

I have my charging scheduled to start at 11:00PM to 80%, and so far it has always started (start time can vary between 11:00PM and 11:25PM randomly). What I would like to see is a more customized charging selection: i.e. M-F and/or S-S charging (weekend charging is entirely at off-peak rates) as well as setting a STOP time versus (or instead of) a START time. Since my off-peak rates end at 7:00AM, I'd much rather have the car calculate my charging to end at that time instead of having the car finish charging at 1:00AM and then sit for 6 hours allowing more phantom drain.

Back