Scheduled charging bug

In my Air, you're right. In the Gravity, it hasn't seemed to take issue with me having both schedules set. That said, you're right that the Lucid schedule may be doing absolutely nothing in this case lol and it's driven by the Wallbox schedule. I'll test that in the new year.
Did you get a chance to try turning off the schedule in the Gravity?
I tried to do the same with the Air and the Wallbox schedule didn’t wake it up. So my conclusion is;
  • Air: schedule charging in the car, turn off the schedule in Wallbox.
  • Gravity: schedule charging in Wallbox, turn off the schedule in the car.
 
I'm using the Lucid supplied cable and a 40a service. once again the car was scheduled to charge at 12:01am and didn't start. that's happened to me a couple times but not every time. Not sure what I should do to ensure it does charge. Anyone have any tips?
 
I'm using the Lucid supplied cable and a 40a service. once again the car was scheduled to charge at 12:01am and didn't start. that's happened to me a couple times but not every time. Not sure what I should do to ensure it does charge. Anyone have any tips?
So you know that the charge is starting when the app notifies you of that fact. My workaround has been that I can open the app, wait for the car to wake up, and b/c the software is bugged such that the car just starts charging when it wakes up (w/o double-checking the schedule), that forces a charging session. I haven't had to do that, though, in the past 2–3 months.
 
We do this with our Enphase IQ EVSE. It works well with other EVs, but for the Air I had to write an automation that keeps the car awake when plugged in.
What automation did you use to wake the car when plugged in. Just started using L2 charging at home and sometimes my Air isn't awake to start the scheduled charge. So far it has happened twice so it's a bit sporadic when it happens. As soon as I open the app it starts charging. Using the LHCS with the Air.
 
What automation did you use to wake the car when plugged in. Just started using L2 charging at home and sometimes my Air isn't awake to start the scheduled charge. So far it has happened twice so it's a bit sporadic when it happens. As soon as I open the app it starts charging. Using the LHCS with the Air.
I'm using the Lucid integration for Home Assistant, written by a couple noteworthy forum members. It triggers my Air to wake up if it is plugged in to charge and certain other conditions are present that means I'm trying to charge the car.
 
I tried using home assistant but couldn't quite get https working properly so I put it on the back burner. I probably need to get it up and running again as I have other sensors that I bought and haven't installed. Is there a good wiki you used to setup HA and its modules? I installed it on a NUC with HAOS which was what was suggested at the time.
 
I tried using home assistant but couldn't quite get https working properly so I put it on the back burner. I probably need to get it up and running again as I have other sensors that I bought and haven't installed. Is there a good wiki you used to setup HA and its modules? I installed it on a NUC with HAOS which was what was suggested at the time.
I just bought a home assistant green, it pretty much works out of the box.
 
Ended using a routine app on android to have the phone open the lucid app about 5min before charging to wake up the Lucid Air before its scheduled charging. Hopefully that solves this issue.
 
Just came across this thread-been having routine issues charging with scheduled charging. If I'm reading this correctly, for gravity it might work best to turn off car side scheduling and use the ev charger scheduling (in my case I have a chargepoint).
 
Wonder why we can’t just have a time we can just put in for weekdays and weekends- charge from 10am to 3pm for example. Why does it have to be 12 hours? Anyone know why Lucid can’t implement this?
 
Did you get a chance to try turning off the schedule in the Gravity?
I tried to do the same with the Air and the Wallbox schedule didn’t wake it up. So my conclusion is;
  • Air: schedule charging in the car, turn off the schedule in Wallbox.
  • Gravity: schedule charging in Wallbox, turn off the schedule in the car.
I did, and it worked fine. It seems the Gravity works fine either way. I have it scheduled in both just so if I forget one or it gets reset it doesn't start charging at peak, but it works either way.
 
Wonder why we can’t just have a time we can just put in for weekdays and weekends- charge from 10am to 3pm for example. Why does it have to be 12 hours? Anyone know why Lucid can’t implement this?
Been a peeve of mine for years now. Lazy programming and no interest by Lucid to Have anything but primitive scheduled charging for a luxury vehicle. If you want better scheduled charging, you will need to buy a cheap Nissan Leaf.
 
I did, and it worked fine. It seems the Gravity works fine either way. I have it scheduled in both just so if I forget one or it gets reset it doesn't start charging at peak, but it works either way.
Interesting. What software version are you currently using?
 
I did, and it worked fine. It seems the Gravity works fine either way. I have it scheduled in both just so if I forget one or it gets reset it doesn't start charging at peak, but it works either way.
ChargePoint Flex scheduled charging appears to work for the Gravity (if scheduled charging is turned off on the car) it’s an n=1 so have not repeated it. But not for the Air .
 
Since Gravity doesn't have a finish charging at a scheduled time for each day of the week like my 2014 Chevy Spark, here is my workaround:
1. Calm down, don't be pissed, Lucid will fix this compromise.
2. Plug in car and start charging.
3. Note the time remaining to charge to the set point.
4. Subtract the time remaining from the time I want to leave in the morning and add about 5 minutes.
5. Stop the charging.
6. Put the time calculated in 4 into the scheduled start time.
7. Calm down, be happy in the knowledge that if you haven't made any mistakes the car will be all charged and warmed up for you in the morning.
8. Do this all over again tomorrow.
 
Since Gravity doesn't have a finish charging at a scheduled time for each day of the week like my 2014 Chevy Spark, here is my workaround:
1. Calm down, don't be pissed, Lucid will fix this compromise.
2. Plug in car and start charging.
3. Note the time remaining to charge to the set point.
4. Subtract the time remaining from the time I want to leave in the morning and add about 5 minutes.
5. Stop the charging.
6. Put the time calculated in 4 into the scheduled start time.
7. Calm down, be happy in the knowledge that if you haven't made any mistakes the car will be all charged and warmed up for you in the morning.
8. Do this all over again tomorrow.
I don’t understand. What is your peak time?
 
ChargePoint Flex scheduled charging appears to work for the Gravity (if scheduled charging is turned off on the car) it’s an n=1 so have not repeated it. But not for the Air .
This worked! Different than what I had to do with air! n=2!
 
Back
Top