Sapphire Reservations

I live close to the factory can I meet up with you to see this beast in person?
I got a nice email from Lucid as I’m sure you did as well. Let’s see if we can press for a factory delivery event.

There are so many SoCal Lucids. How cool would it be if we could have a meet up at the factory for the first Sapphire deliveries.

Check out the Reservation Fee: $25,000. I don't think I'd want that amount sitting in Lucid's coffers for 11 months till delivery.
Tesla Roadster requires $50k and is even years away from delivery.

Well, the Rimac Nevera goes at 1900 HP with four motors and weighs 4750 lbs. Lucid will have to have special tires to go with it. Apparently, Pirelli is developing special tires for the Rimac. Maybe they can do the same for Lucid Sapphire too. Blowouts here we come! LOL!
Michelin developed tires for the Sapphire. I guess Lucid wanted a different company for the flagship.

Should I bite the bullet? I'm having a hard time reconciling in my head that the extra few HP will be worth the $70k premium. What am I missing? (Besides a really cool color).

I have to believe the 1200 is a sandbag number
the twin rear unit has 1200
there should be at least 400 up front

Should I bite the bullet? I'm having a hard time reconciling in my head that the extra few HP will be worth the $70k premium. What am I missing? (Besides a really cool color).
It's not just a few hp. The brake upgrade is already $20k. Add in the stealth package $6k. Extra motor for less weight? At minimum $5k. Not sure it's worth $70k but to say a few extra hp is selling it short.

I heard they tested a four motor and it was a tire melting machine.
Doesn’t have to be as you can program the Nannie’s to kick in before any spin. Still it’s overkill if you can wring 670 ho out of each motor. I still don’t understand why the sapphire is 1200+ hp when you have about 1900 hp available to you with the current set up unless Lucid is being unbelievably coy using”1200+ “to mean 1300 to 1500 hp

Michelin developed tires for the Sapphire. I guess Lucid wanted a different company for the flagship.

The power figures have apparently come down and the weight has gone up. That's what Car and Driver Magazine are stating via engineers reference power atleast.

I have to believe the 1200 is a sandbag number
the twin rear unit has 1200
there should be at least 400 up front

To get a car weighing over two tonnes into the 8 second bracket is going to take alot oh hp. Irrespective of four wheel drive or pure electric drives. It takes a 2.2 tonne circa four wheel drive quad turbocharged 8.0 liter Bugatti Chiron Supersport 1600hp and 1600NM of torque. It DOESN'T the Tesla Plaid ofcourse but then that's why bench marking is critical.

Quote>"According to the video, the peak power output registered **at the wheel hubs was 1101.2 HP, while the peak torque was 905.4 ft lb (over 1227 Nm)**."

I would think 1MW at the hubs plus X22% for torque (NM) maybe within the ballpark . Time will tell, very obviously, I'm just glad to be here!

So 1341X 7% electric drive losses= 1435hp X22% (formula elsewhere) for NM torque bases on the dual electric motors 1750NM, calculated at LUNCHTIME so they may be rushed. LOL! But I'm around there.

Last edited:
Sapphire owners should get a special sapphire logo next to their usernames. Maybe the dream air owners too. 👌

I have a reservation also. Any new Sapphire news?

You guys are killing me! I don't have my GT yet and I'm feeling a little green with envy.

Is anyone interested in a low mileage 2021 Porsche Turbo S?

You guys are killing me! I don't have my GT yet and I'm feeling a little green with envy.

Is anyone interested in a low mileage 2021 Porsche Turbo S?
I planned to keep my Taycan 4S for a long long time... and then the DEP arrived. Bye bye Taycan 4S.

I planned to keep my Taycan 4S for a long long time... and then the DEP arrived. Bye bye Taycan 4S.
I hope not the same for me when R1S arrives. I planned to keep Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for a very long time.

Back