Sapphire apparently limited to 250

Charley

Cars
RivianR1T, Sapphire
DE Number
IMG_3279.JPG
IMG_3280.JPG
IMG_3282.JPG

Slightly upsetting in a weird way. Asked about Sapphire early on and was told it was not going to be a limited run. Several owners at the time were considering but upon hearing that, chose not to put down a deposit, me being one of them.

Slightly upsetting in a weird way. Asked about Sapphire early on and was told it was not going to be a limited run. Several owners at the time were considering but upon hearing that, chose not to put down a deposit, me being one of them.

Perhaps Lucid was trying to avoid the problem of selling the cars to folks who would put them up on blocks and store them rather than driving them. If so, good for Lucid!

However, given the hullabaloo over the launch edition of the Air, it probably would be best if Lucid specified what the 250 means.

Perhaps Lucid was trying to avoid the problem of selling the cars to folks who would put them up on blocks and store them rather than driving them. If so, good for Lucid!

However, given the hullabaloo over the launch edition of the Air, it probably would be best if Lucid specified what the 250 means.
Pssh I bought a limited run and put over 25k miles. It's just to buy the exclusivity of it. Also, that made no sense since they did the limited run of Dream.

Am I the only one who thinks that the MODELS with the signatures are 1 of 250? Seems unlikely that they would limit sapphire production, it is not like a lot of people are going to buy it anyways. Maybe just to increase the special factor?

As Lucid announced some time ago that Sapphire was going to be an ongoing performance division that would produce a Sapphire version of each future model, I'm a bit surprised to hear that the Air Sapphire is going to be such a limited run. This leaves me wondering whether Lucid has been unable to decide just what the purpose of the Sapphire exercise was/is. Was it just an engineering exercise to support a marketing play aimed at the Plaid and the AMG and M divisions of MB and BMW? Was it meant to test out the viability of the Air platform for tri-motor applications on larger vehicles such as the SUV or a truck?

To have dedicated the resources to the Sapphire program that Lucid reportedly has seems very odd just to produce 250 vehicles.

Am I just dense or doesn't this mean that there will only be 250 of that particular sculpture?
Thats what I thought..
As Lucid announced some time ago that Sapphire was going to be an ongoing performance division that would produce a Sapphire version of each future model, I'm a bit surprised to hear that the Air Sapphire is going to be such a limited run. This leaves me wondering whether Lucid has been unable to decide just what the purpose of the Sapphire exercise was/is. Was it just an engineering exercise to support a marketing play aimed at the Plaid and the AMG and M divisions of MB and BMW? Was it meant to test out the viability of the Air platform for tri-motor applications on larger vehicles such as the SUV or a truck?

To have dedicated the resources to the Sapphire program that Lucid reportedly has seems very odd just to produce 250 vehicles.
Maybe it is 250 of a run? Or maybe the model? I really do not think that the actual car is limited...

Am I just dense or doesn't this mean that there will only be 250 of that particular sculpture?
It could, but I would not give those speedforms to anyone else but Sapphire owners, so the extrapolation of 1 of 250 to 250 Sapphires makes sense.

It could, but I would not give those speedforms to anyone else but Sapphire owners, so the extrapolation of 1 of 250 to 250 Sapphires makes sense.
Perhaps #251 get a different sculpture? Or no sculpture?

Perhaps #251 get a different sculpture? Or no sculpture?
If I was paying $250k for a car and everyone else got a cool ass sculpture...I'd better get one also.

I'd be surprised if they sold more than 250 anyway. But I also think it refers to the sculpture, not the car.

It's entirely possible they are offering the sculpture only to the first 250 buyers.

If I was paying $250k for a car and everyone else got a cool ass sculpture...I'd better get one also.
Another possibility could be that the sculpture is unlimited, but the signatures are 1 of 250. That would make a more sense and besides, the "1 of 250" text is only on the signature plate. Or maybe I am just overthinking this?

IMG_3626.jpeg

This is also numbered but nothing to do with run of production. Seems similar with the design and “signatures.”

You guys are probably correct. Sorry. Maybe someone can edit the thread title by adding "sculpture" ?

You guys are probably correct. Sorry. Maybe someone can edit the thread title by adding "sculpture" ?
Eh, it's fine...the journey is the destination =)

Back