Santa Cruz or Tahoe with Quantum.?

Cjevfan

Hi All

What’s the consensus. Definitely like the Quantum Grey exterior. Torn between the Santa Cruz and Tahoe interior. Like the wood better and fabric contrast in the Santa Cruz but always been a fan on saddle leather. Is the Tahoe too orange? What looks better?

Thanks

I have the Tahoe with infinite black exterior and love it. @Dortreo saw it in person (he has Santa Cruz in his Red GT and it also looks great), and confirmed that the Tahoe is not too orange which he was also concerned about, it's much more saddle tan leather, it just looks orange in pictures for some weird reason.

I have the Tahoe with infinite black exterior and love it. @Dortreo saw it in person (he has Santa Cruz in his Red GT and it also looks great), and confirmed that the Tahoe is not too orange which he was also concerned about, it's much more saddle tan leather, it just looks orange in pictures for some weird reason.
I have Tahoe with Zenith Red. Agree with the above. It is less orange in person than in pictures shown.

Very happy with the Tahoe/Red combination.

Going with white carpeting in the Santa Cruz is fine if you like to clean it a lot

Hi All

What’s the consensus. Definitely like the Quantum Grey exterior. Torn between the Santa Cruz and Tahoe interior. Like the wood better and fabric contrast in the Santa Cruz but always been a fan on saddle leather. Is the Tahoe too orange? What looks better?

Thanks
I, too, prefer the wood of the Santa Cruz, which is why I went that way. I've seen Santa Cruz, Tahoe, and Mojave in person at this point, and you can't really go wrong with any of them. Tahoe was not too orange to my eyes. Definitely would be my second choice.

Just buy a set of spare grey mats with the Santa Cruz and life will be good. I am using the grey in front and keeping the white in back these days

Yeah, I had a serious twinge of regret when I saw the Tahoe. And compared that against the condition of my Santa Cruz carpets.

@Dortreo How's your Santa Cruz carpets holding up?

@Cjevfan You have to see them in person. Tahoe pictures tend to look more on the orange side. I'm personally going with the Santa Cruz. The Tahoe, although not as orange, I wouldve preferred if it was darker brown.

If they released the Big Basin I would totally get that though

1660173529228.png

They’re okay. Mainly the driver’s side is a horror because I can’t get my current mats to stay in place but the rest looks good. I keep checking the Weather Tech site to see if they’ve come out with Lucid mats. But my guess is they won’t manufacture mats unless there’s at least 5000 cars on the road. So… 2023? :D

@Cjevfan You have to see them in person. Tahoe pictures tend to look more on the orange side. I'm personally going with the Santa Cruz. The Tahoe, although not as orange, I wouldve preferred if it was darker brown.

View attachment 4012
That looks a lot like the DE interior

I have the Quantum Gray with the Santa Cruz and I love the combination. As @joec said, I also like the wood in the Santa Cruz interior. Yes, the carpets are light. I have applied scotch guard on the, and they have held up so far.

The Mojave would have been the second choice, it was just darker than we wanted. The Tahoe interior, I feel, looks better with the red exterior. I was just not a fan of the brown with the gray exterior. Wile it looks more orange in pictures, it still has that hue in person that I just didn’t prefer.

BUT… all are great combinations and it is really personal preference.

Hi All

Thanks
I have the santa cruz with Infinite Black. I have seen the Tahoe in person and it is not too orange. What convinced me to stay with Santa Cruz is that the interior does make a statement. I also think the light color of the santa cruz looks better on the seat backs of the front seats and the doors. To me it looked more natural.

View attachment 4012
I actually asked my advisor if Big Basin would be a potential option.....Nope. Bummer, I like this interior the most of all. I will be going with Tahoe interior for my car, but definitely like the contrasting colors/look of Santa Cruz the best. Tahoe will be the best "all arounder" for us.

But.....I still want Big Basin!

The Tahoe in-person reminded me a lot of our old Mercedes GLS' saddle interior, which we really liked. Made it a no-brainer on my end. Ultimately, it's personal preference as I thought all the interiors in-person looked good.

They’re okay. Mainly the driver’s side is a horror because I can’t get my current mats to stay in place but the rest looks good.

I've had the same problem which I resolved with the Eagle Klaw floor mat clips sold on Amazon. They installed in a few minutes, are unobtrusive, and the mat hasn't moved since.

However, I ordered the beige, thinking they would be best for the light Santa Monica mats. The clips are too brown, and I now realize the gray clips would have looked better with the gray of the front seats. (Since they were inexpensive, I'm thinking about ordering a gray set.)

View attachment 4012

It looks as if the Big Basin uses the eucalyptus wood trim. I'm not usually a fan of pickled or washed out finishes on wood, but the eucalyptus wood in our Dream is really sharp. I've had several passengers rub their hands over it, apparently taken by the open-pore feel, and comment on how beautiful it is. It's a shame Lucid isn't adding it to the options list.

It looks as if the Big Basin uses the eucalyptus wood trim. I'm not usually a fan of pickled or washed out finishes on wood, but the eucalyptus wood in our Dream is really sharp. I've had several passengers rub their hands over it, apparently taken by the open-pore feel, and comment on how beautiful it is. It's a shame Lucid isn't adding it to the options list.
That's why we paid extra for the exclusive trims!

I decide to go with Santa Cruz for my reservation.

Back