Sandy Springs Service Center

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
Unfortunately my Air was damaged in Valet. The hood is going to need to be replaced.
This will be the second time I am sending the car to Sandy Springs Service Center.
Last time was for the harness recall and a tire bulge.
There has been a turn over in staff and someone new contacted me 8 days after I emailed customer service. With the Christmas weekend in there it's longer delay than in the past, but not unreasonable. I was spoiled by Costa Mesa as I had one of the first deliveries there and I called them direct when I lived in San Diego.

The person that called had thoroughly read my email and list of items I wanted to have repaired. He went over them with me and got everything needed on order. I'm going to have to replace the hood so we will see how long for that part to arrive. They are going to replace the rims, fix soft close on front passenger door, recall fix on tow hook, and replace damaged hood. We are going to wait for the hood to come in for them to pick up the car.

My experience with Lucid service has been very good to date. Posting this to document how Lucid is doing as they ship more cars, and how a Satellite service organization does for those interested.

I haven’t talked to the ATL guys in a while. It was Isaiah and Eric. Not any more?

Mine is at the service center since some time now. Hopefully I can get some follow up

Got a call Friday the hood is in. They are going to pick the car up Monday 1/9/23 with a 2 week estimate to get everything done.

Unfortunately my Air was damaged in Valet. The hood is going to need to be replaced.
This will be the second time I am sending the car to Sandy Springs Service Center.
Last time was for the harness recall and a tire bulge.
There has been a turn over in staff and someone new contacted me 8 days after I emailed customer service. With the Christmas weekend in there it's longer delay than in the past, but not unreasonable. I was spoiled by Costa Mesa as I had one of the first deliveries there and I called them direct when I lived in San Diego.

The person that called had thoroughly read my email and list of items I wanted to have repaired. He went over them with me and got everything needed on order. I'm going to have to replace the hood so we will see how long for that part to arrive. They are going to replace the rims, fix soft close on front passenger door, recall fix on tow hook, and replace damaged hood. We are going to wait for the hood to come in for them to pick up the car.

My experience with Lucid service has been very good to date. Posting this to document how Lucid is doing as they ship more cars, and how a Satellite service organization does for those interested.
I would call this a mixed bag of customer service. The actual call was IMO terrific. But to wait 8 days for that call is, again IMO, not acceptable even with the Christmas weekend intervening (taking three days out still leaves an unacceptable 5 days to respond).

Losing Isaiah is unfortunate, for whatever reason. I had him come by the house on one visit. He was working 80+ hours a week at that point and driving all over the southeast. I could tell that he wasn't going to tolerate that for too long without seeing some effort to change that dynamic. His experience is really what started my worries about service and Lucid's commitment to proving timely, quality service to those of us not close to a Service Center.

I have one minor item (misaligned charging door) that I first reported October 7 and, then again on November 7. I finally had someone call me (out of Richmond) the week after Christmas saying he could be there that week. I was out of town so no service, but I did get a message that he would be back in Charlotte the following week, could take care of that then and that he would call back to schedule. Well, we are past that week and I have not heard anything. He did mention though that most of the cars had charging doors that did "not line up quite well". It was almost like he was saying "live with it, it is a design flaw". Well, I get reminded of this "design flaw" every time I approach the driver's door as well as the fact that it has been over three months since it was first reported.

I love the car and have been very impressed by every person from Lucid I have personally dealt with. I am not impressed with their inability to service their vehicles in a timely manner for those of us not close to a Service Center.

Back