RESOLVED Rough transition from HOLD to acceleration

are you suggesting that the hold release is much quieter when the rotors are clean? It's an interesting idea. Lucid's High Regen is honestly so high i rarely if ever touch the brakes, so they may very well be rusty. I actually remember with my tesla that after some time, you would start to get some squeaking under "Hold" if you didn't use the brakes a lot, because of the same rust issue, but squeaking and the clunk sound of the brakes releasing on the Lucid are very different.
I am not suggesting that at all; I have no idea about that, but would be very curious to know what you find.

I was solely responding to the quote I quoted:
ELI5 for me - are you suggesting the car, which I've had for 3-4 weeks, has rusty rotors? That would surprise me but I guess anything is possible.

I did some hard brakes at highway speeds with Standard regen and it actually has substantially improved the sound! Still not seamless like other EVs but much improved. I guess the brakes are not getting much use typically with High regen

I did some hard brakes at highway speeds with Standard regen and it actually has substantially improved the sound! Still not seamless like other EVs but much improved.
The same thing happens on ICE cars when put away wet, btu it's less noticeable because of engine noise and vibration. The grinding sound and feel is more noticeable in a stick shift car than in an automatic.

Back