Rivian is killing it on software!

HC_79

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
Kind of puts Lucid to shame tbh with how aggressive Rivian is on software enhancements.

Rivian just released a software update that provides the driver with charger scores based on reliability.

Yeah, this is because they bought ABRP and now have all that data. That purchase was a great move.

Lucid and Rivian are the two car companies I am most excited about. I take nothing away from Rivian. Hell, I may be the perfect buyer for their R3X eventually :)

My secret hope? Behind the scenes, I hope Lucid is partnering with Rivian to use their charger network.

I cannot tell you how excited I would be to see these two companies partner and move the industry forward together.

But that is a pipe dream. :)

My secret hope? Behind the scenes, I hope Lucid is partnering with Rivian to use their charger network.

I cannot tell you how excited I would be to see these two companies partner and move the industry forward together.

Am I the only one curious why the Saudi's are not building their own charging network? Not only would it transition them from their oil dependence, it has the possibility to make them a leader in even THAT! This could be advertised under the Lucid brand, as well. If Rivian can do it, I guess I don't see why Lucid can do it.... anybody have an explanation?
Lucid and Rivian are the two car companies I am most excited about. I take nothing away from Rivian. Hell, I may be the perfect buyer for their R3X eventually :)
Love the R3 series and certainly would consider it for the right price. Imagine Lucid technology in every Rivian... simply perfection. It would be the "lifestyle" version of Lucid!

Yeah, this is because they bought ABRP and now have all that data. That purchase was a great move.
do they actually get live data from the companies to know which ones are broken? or is it all crowdsourced? never used ABRP so don't know how they work.

can't imagine the live data being too reliable since there's so many stories of what's being shown available not matching what's happening irl. and if the information is crowdsourced, does ABRP mention when the last time that data was updated? i'd imagine charger information at major hubs will probably be more reliable.

Am I the only one curious why the Saudi's are not building their own charging network? Not only would it transition them from their oil dependence, it has the possibility to make them a leader in even THAT! This could be advertised under the Lucid brand, as well. If Rivian can do it, I guess I don't see why Lucid can do it.... anybody have an explanation?

Love the R3 series and certainly would consider it for the right price. Imagine Lucid technology in every Rivian... simply perfection. It would be the "lifestyle" version of Lucid!
They are, in Saudi ….

do they actually get live data from the companies to know which ones are broken? or is it all crowdsourced? never used ABRP so don't know how they work.

can't imagine the live data being too reliable since there's so many stories of what's being shown available not matching what's happening irl. and if the information is crowdsourced, does ABRP mention when the last time that data was updated? i'd imagine charger information at major hubs will probably be more reliable.
Crowdsourced.

I was under the impression that while the ABRP info was crowd sourced the station ratings on the latest vehicle software were based on data Rivian collected (speed, connection success, etc) from vehicle charging history.

I was under the impression that while the ABRP info was crowd sourced the station ratings on the latest vehicle software were based on data Rivian collected (speed, connection success, etc) from vehicle charging history.
Oops, you're totally right. Step 2 is crowdsourced.

Step 1 (what is out now) is based on charging session data uploaded by Rivian vehicles. Relatively small sample size, but probably more useful than the data for 'every EV,' except that it doesn't necessarily become clear if it's the car or the charger. But as a consumer, you don't really care.

Rivian is based on 400V architecture right, how come the Lucid can take advantage of Rivian's DC charger? Rivian is opening their DC charger this year third quarter to all non Rivian, We have to wait and watch.

Rivian is based on 400V architecture right, how come the Lucid can take advantage of Rivian's DC charger? Rivian is opening their DC charger this year third quarter to all non Rivian, We have to wait and watch.
Can still use it at 50kW

This is what I found from Rivian Website:

- Charging output of over 200 kW initially and 300 kW+ in the future

This is what I found from Rivian Website:

- Charging output of over 200 kW initially and 300 kW+ in the future
Does this imply that current chargers only support 200 kwh and future chargers will support 300+, or do they mean chargers today support 300+ and only need a software update?

Does this imply that current chargers only support 200 kwh and future chargers will support 300+, or do they mean chargers today support 300+ and only need a software update?
Or does it mean that the chargers are currently capable of 300kW but only support 200kW into the current Rivian vehicles due to the 400V architecture. This interpretation also implies that Rivian will move to a 800V architecture in the future. Does anyone have a picture of the cabinets behind the Rivian DC fast chargers?

Or does it mean that the chargers are currently capable of 300kW but only support 200kW into the current Rivian vehicles due to the 400V architecture. This interpretation also implies that Rivian will move to a 800V architecture in the future. Does anyone have a picture of the cabinets behind the Rivian DC fast chargers?
200 to 920v

1713299840694.png

what part of lucid technology would improve the Rivian?
Oops, I don't mean technology as in infotainment software. I meant technology as in Lucid motors, battery packs, the space concept, etc! Sorry for the confusion.

what part of lucid technology would improve the Rivian?
Efficiency, packaging…..Rivian have a nice design but design doesn’t mean technological advancement. Yeah, Rivian software shows battery temperatures etc, but most people don’t need that. What would I do with that info? I just want a car that drives well, efficient, long range, looks futuristic, maximum use of space. That’s why I feel Lucid has better EV tech.

Back