• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Rivian hits nearly 1,000 deliveries in 2021

Does it count if they were all to employees?

I read the earnings report and it seems that all the hype it got when it IPO'd it came crashing down just as fast. Any new company is in for a hell of a time getting things moving with the supply chain constraints and Rivian slashed its forecast by half to 25,000 units this year. They're more cashed up than Lucid but I don't see how they can sell the car for the price it's at and with battery prices skyrocketing it will be interesting to see the financials in the upcoming quarters. You can see the backlash they got when upping the price recently and pushing it to a $80K to $90K truck I feel moves them out of the range many of its customers were willing to pay. Time will tell but I've seen repeated stories and analysts say something isn't right with the truck pricing given it's got a 135Kw battery in it.

I think Lucid may be in a somewhat better position as basically for every 2 cars Rivian sells Lucid only needs to sell 1 to get a similar revenue. If this is the case and Lucid delivers on its targets for this year they may be the leader from a revenue standpoint over Rivian.

Either way, these are both high risk companies and if they can't get things moving quickly they could fail just as fast. Tesla had the advantage that they were the only one really in the EV space and people bought into the hype i'm not sure Lucid, Rivian, Fisker 2.0 will be given the same luxury.

The Rivian forums are flooded with lots of deliveries. Honestly they seemed to have ramped up really fast in the past month or two. Also lots of people getting delivery dates for the next couple of weeks. I originally thought I would have my Lucid way before my Rivian. Now I'm not so sure. They also don't have a problem making all of the exterior colors.

Denver Service center
1647197206706-png.16406

Costa Mesa
8af35115-c147-4977-82b6-6e8f61f3e25d-jpeg.16907

The Rivian forums are flooded with lots of deliveries. Honestly they seemed to have ramped up really fast in the past month or two. Also lots of people getting delivery dates for the next couple of weeks. I originally thought I would have my Lucid way before my Rivian. Now I'm not so sure. They also don't have a problem making all of the exterior colors.

Denver Service center
1647197206706-png.16406

Costa Mesa
8af35115-c147-4977-82b6-6e8f61f3e25d-jpeg.16907
From a production ramp up standpoint they seemed to get things moving way better than Lucid. I still bugs me when Peter was throwing shade at how bad Tesla did and they were going to do it right. They clearly didn't get it right and Rivian even seemed to outperform Lucid. Sometimes its best to just keep your mouth shut or maybe i'm the stupid one for believing his hype......

From a production ramp up standpoint they seemed to get things moving way better than Lucid. I still bugs me when Peter was throwing shade at how bad Tesla did and they were going to do it right. They clearly didn't get it right and Rivian even seemed to outperform Lucid. Sometimes its best to just keep your mouth shut or maybe i'm the stupid one for believing his hype......
Peter did mention the glass as one of the issues. I haven't sat in a Rivian, but I bet the materials are easier to source and produce.

I am just amazed they manage to produce all those various colors, all on the lot at the same time.

I am just amazed they manage to produce all those various colors, all on the lot at the same time.
I think Normal is a fairly large pre-existing plant and already had a full scale paint shop. It’s certainly larger than Amp-1.

I think Normal is a fairly large pre-existing plant and already had a full scale paint shop. It’s certainly larger than Amp-1.

Previously was a Mitsubishi plant.

Back